Click Here!

I'm new, and I have a question.

BloodValkyrie

Hello there. I'm new, and I hope I am posting in the right forum.

I recently posted a fanfiction under the category for Movie Crossovers. Originally I accidentally put it under a different category that I thought was incorrect. Well, today I noticed that my fanfiction was back in that incorrect category for some reason (and I'm pretty sure I didn't change it), so I changed it back to crossovers. I'm wondering, is it possible that a mod or admin changed it for me, and could I be in a bit of trouble? I'm pretty sure my fanfiction counts as a crossover between films, because it deals with one character from one film entering the universe of another character from another film, but I am very much a noobie and I might have done something wrong here.

Thank you all for your time.

:)

Hi!

Moderators don't have the ability to move stories from one category to another, but if you can give me the link for your story, I can take a look and see if I can figure out what happened. Our tech admin was moving stories in the Transformers category today as part of the archive clean-up project, so if your story was there, I can explain why it has been placed where it was. If not, I might be able to help figure out what happened. :)

Hi!

Moderators don't have the ability to move stories from one category to another, but if you can give me the link for your story, I can take a look and see if I can figure out what happened. Our tech admin was moving stories in the Transformers category today as part of the archive clean-up project, so if your story was there, I can explain why it has been placed where it was. If not, I might be able to help figure out what happened. :)

Thank you. Here is the link.

http://movies.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600094669

I appreciate your help.

Hi!

Where it is right now, in Movies-Misc > Crossovers is actually not correct. This is a catch-all category for fandoms that have no category of their own. When deciding where a crossover fiction goes, we tend to look at the main setting of the story.

From looking at it, is it going to be set in the general universe of Bram Stoker's Dracula? If yes, then it really does belong in Movies > 1 through F > Dracula.

If it's set in the general universe of Beetlejuice, then it goes in Movies > 1 through F > Beetlejuice.

The good news is that you can move it easily yourself, and all of your associated data moves with it. :)

Thanks for the help. How can something become an official crossover, then?

Hi!

Where it is right now, in Movies-Misc > Crossovers is actually not correct. This is a catch-all category for fandoms that have no category of their own. When deciding where a crossover fiction goes, we tend to look at the main setting of the story.

From looking at it, is it going to be set in the general universe of Bram Stoker's Dracula? If yes, then it really does belong in Movies > 1 through F > Dracula.

If it's set in the general universe of Beetlejuice, then it goes in Movies > 1 through F > Beetlejuice.

The good news is that you can move it easily yourself, and all of your associated data moves with it. :)

How we determine where a crossover goes, is which of the fandoms it takes place in primarily. As it looks like yours takes place in the Beetlejuice 'verse, that is where it goes. Not Misc Crossovers. The miscellaneous categories are for when there is no other place to put 'em.

I clean up the misc categories at least once a week, by moving the stories to either a pre-existing category, or creating a new one where one does not exist.

Unless the particular category has 75 or more stories, there are no subcategories made for it.

Thank you very much. This was helpful. I changed my fanfiction's category. :)

How we determine where a crossover goes, is which of the fandoms it takes place in primarily. As it looks like yours takes place in the Beetlejuice 'verse, that is where it goes. Not Misc Crossovers. The miscellaneous categories are for when there is no other place to put 'em.

I clean up the misc categories at least once a week, by moving the stories to either a pre-existing category, or creating a new one where one does not exist.

Unless the particular category has 75 or more stories, there are no subcategories made for it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.