Click Here!

The Were King's Heir Review Responses and Discussion

Cuzosu

Nine: Thank you. So much. I wasn't expecting much in the way of reviews yet, if at all (I can be bad about that, too), and here you've given me one in less than twelve hours!

Yes, Caimus is adorable, isn't he? :P I find myself giggling a lot when writing his antics.

The Sire amuses me as well - I think he maybe takes his responsibilities a little too seriously, but then he is a vampire, and to him (at this point) Caimus is one of his responsibilities, someone he's supposed to look out for and protect. Not to mention that he wants Caimus raised in ways that are much more vampire than Were, which obviously isn't always going to work like he wants it to. ;) Oops. Heheh.

Jaden is very fun to write - he's got rough edges, acts like a rogue at random times, and even when he's not feeling up to it he will do his best for others. The way you see him right now (and will for a while in future) is going to be a bit more...snarly? Easily riled?...than his norm, simply because he's still got some emotional wounds from the war. I'll delve into that later, no worries. ;)

I'm glad the world interests you! I'm trying to make it to where it makes sense to me and draws in readers, and sometimes that's difficult. As for where the story starts - I didn't want to just jump into teenage years, and the Sire really wanted a say in Caimus' upbringing. (Yes, my characters inflict themselves on me with migraine-level insistence when they really get going. This happens in fan fiction too.)

Anyway, I'll try to have more out soon! Feel free to pester me if I take too long!

Is: Thank you! I'm glad to see Caimus is so popular - after all, shouldn't the innocent young characters be adored? ;)

I'm definitely intending to continue this, and if I take too long you're more than welcome to pester me about it.

dazedandconfused: Thank you! I'm rather fond of shapeshifter/were stories myself, and then with the challenge of vampires thrown in - I couldn't resist. I think this one's stolen a place in my heart, and I've barely started. Caimus is a neat protagonist, isn't he just? A mute little furball to start with, but he will grow up. ;) And Jaden - ha! He's fun, though he's got an edge of darkness, sadness, to him, too. As for the Sire, well, I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of vampires - this must be a family trait, since my sister's the same - but I think when I finish the series I'll still like him, so I hope I'm doing something right with him. ;)

I'll aim for regular updates, then - but if I take too long, come pester me. I don't mind. Sometimes it even helps. :P

SneakySpy: Glad it's roused your curiosity. :) I have every intention of writing more, so if I take too long let me know.

Edited by Cuzosu

• 3 weeks later...

For the two new reviews I've had since posting chapter two:

kissedbymidnight: No, Caimus hasn't abused his dominance yet. But...that being the case...don't you think Jaden's the perfect Were to be his teacher/guardian? Jaden's a pro at disobeying those who give him orders. And Caimus, so far, is young enough that he's only trying to please his elders, though I'm intending to cover the incident where he uses his dominance without good reason (probably in the next chapter). ;) Jaden had to mature young, and I think that shows, but yes - if you could win his loyalty, it would be yours forever.

Thank you for saying so, and I'm glad you're liking it! There will be romance, no worries - though maybe also some adolescent fumbling, if I can work it in right. ;) (Haven't written adolescent fumbling yet, so I'll have to try and see how it fits - or doesn't - into the story.) I don't think the prince will always know that he's gay, I'm leaning towards the it will dawn on him when he hits puberty scenario. Should be fun. As to mating, I've already decided who he's going to pick...and it will cause problems, of course...but I don't want to spoil it, so I'll say no more. ;)

If I take too long with the next chapter (in your opinion), feel free to PM and pester me. (It works. Had a friend who used to smack me with pop bottles and give me puppy eyes, and that worked, too, but I haven't seen her in years.)

SunaoTsuji: Thank you for the review and support! I always love it when readers find and enjoy my works, and your words of thanks at the end are rare. (I've given them to writers, too, and I've found that it helps, though I don't always remember to throw them in. But it's really nice, as an author, to find them in a review. So thank you.) If you feel I'm taking too long updating - which, unfortunately, has and still does happen - then, please, pester me with PMs or something. Remind me to get my butt in gear. (I can't remember who said the quote, but, as the saying goes, "Remember: a kick in the ass is still a step forward.")

• 2 months later...

LS: I'm glad you're enjoying it. I have every intention of continuing it (it may in fact turn into a long series), so I don't think you have anything to worry about there. ;) Maybe in what I've got planned for these poor characters, but.... *halo* It's all for the sake of the story.

smint45: Thanks! I'm working on more, though it can be slow going. I have no intention of abandoning it, though, and I'm trying to keep the quality up. Thanks for the review!

midnightsscream: Glad you're enjoying it. :) They're quite a group, aren't they? I'm maybe a bit impatient for Caimus to grow up, too, but it just makes me more careful about pacing the story correctly. I don't want to make it feel rushed. Thanks for the review, and I'm working on the next chapter!

anxiouslyawaitingupdate: I'm working on more, I promise! Though I warn you, I will not update before I feel at least satisfied with the chapter, so sometimes it can take a while. But there's a side story that goes with TWKH which hints a bit at some of the next few chapters. ;):P I had a lot of fun writing that little side shot. The Sire kind of creeped me out; who knew vampires ever liked to celebrate so much? I think I was more disturbed than Jaden was....

Caimus is rather adorable, I agree. ;) How could I not? And you're not the only one who loves the dynamics between Jaden and the Sire; detest and respect all in one is difficult to pull off, but, oh, how it makes me laugh.... ^_^ And yes, the Sire does have a name...I just haven't revealed it yet. ;)

You have no idea how much the end of your review got to me. *blushes, grins* I'm a sucker for people who like my stories. Thank you so much for reviewing despite the troubles that come with iTouches and other such tech.

Edited by Cuzosu

• 8 months later...

Raymy: I already responded to you, but again, thank you for taking the time to read and review and demand still more of me.

daqueenbee: Caimus is definitely adorable. Young, cute, spunky, and with that playful lovable-ness that I, at least, acquaint with puppies. ;) As to Jaden's romance--I don't want to spoil it, but I'm sure it'll be fun to read. *grin* Thanks for the review!

SneakySpy: Heheheh! I'm glad to know I can brighten your day; it's neat to be able to cheer people up and to make them happy. And my A/N.... *shakes head* Yeah, I still mean it. But I don't want to give spoilers, so I can't really say anything else, either. It's kind of frustrating, because there is plot, and I know it, and you readers don't, and I want to share but I don't want to ruin the surprises (and there are a good few planned).

I'm glad you're still with me (or rather, with the story ;) ) and I've got more in the works, but, given the recent strings of updates (main story AND side fics!), I'm not sure how soon I'll have more posted. Still, I'm trying, and thank you for reading, reviewing, and sticking with it despite the times life gets in the way of updates. :)

Anon: Addicting, you say? I like that description; writing it is addicting, too. *tears hair out* I can't seem to add more than, maybe, one chapter in three to ANY story other than this, and lately, not even that. *sniffle*

But I am happy you came across TWKH, too, and I hope to see you around again. :)

Edited by Cuzosu

• 1 month later...

anxiouslyawaitingupdate: You're welcome! I've been working on TWKH as much as I can, so getting another chapter up the day before my own birthday was fun for me, too. And you're not the only one who loves the logic behind Jaden's name. A certain of my pre-readers informed me she was glued to her computer screen when I bounced that chapter her way, and then the dimples bit had her cracking up, so, y'know, I'm rather proud of those moments. *shrugs, grins* It's so nice to have fun with this, and all the reviews are priceless. *bows* I can't thank you enough.

Oh, okay, I suppose I can work on more.... *grin* These guys are so fun to write. I look for excuses to write more, I really do, and your request is a good one! :D

Yes, Caimus is adorable, isn't he? I just want to hug and snuggle with him, but I'm not furry enough, I guess; he keeps going back to the group piles in the Den. As to why Caimus didn't try to interfere--remember, Jaden saw this coming. He knew to prepare for it. Maw-maw may confront Russ and ask him about it, though, in the next chapter. ;)

Thank you again for following TWKH and even more for reviewing!

• 1 month later...

BronxWench: Chapter Six. Yes, it was a wonderful double entendre; I couldn't resist! And the prompt was just too entertaining to pass up; I'd already had plans for Sam and an accidental power revelation with the upper ranks of the Pack, so "And the rains came" was just perfect for me. :D Hope you enjoyed the edge of your seat this chapter! Thank you for the review (and for making my day even better)!

Edited by Cuzosu

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.