Click Here!

recs plz!

Guest maukittykat

Guest maukittykat

I have been reading fanfics for a long time now and am looking for something new to read.So.Tell me your favourite stories.

I would like you to tell me your all time favourite story. I am pretty easy going about plot lines i'll read anything as long as it is well written. I hate poor grammar. I would like a new Time Travel fic, PWP or a Creature fic like Arcane Academy.

Pairings: Must be Harry/?

as long as it's slash i really don't mind who the partner is.

Crossovers must have hp put into the other story e.g. HP/Glee Harry has to go into the gleeworld of Ohio and Mckinley etc. NEVER GLEE INTO HARRY POTTER WORLD.

Crossover's i like include

Bones

Glee

Doctor who

White Collar

I think that's everything for now.

Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Thanks

Maukittykat

xx

Guest lady_izzy

Hmmm, favorite story ever is a hard one, but the stories that have stuck with me for years and that I always go back to is easy!

Bloody Skies by Toki.Mirage on livejournal and AFF I believe <---It is RIDICULOUS how many times I've recommended this XD

Nights of Gethsemane by kibatsu on livejournal/ starcrossed on AFF <---I followed this story for YEARS and even now I'll go back once in a while and re-read it.

I dont know if you've tried either of these yet but they both were my foundation you could say to the fanfiction world. I knew I loved these and I always use components from these stories when requesting recs (I always want to find something similar but nothing can beat the original). I've found myself on many occasions comparing a recently read story to these two and none have ever measured up. I'm hoping you'll enjoy them if you've never read them!

Hope it helps! :)

The Rise of the Drackens

Harry comes into a very surprising inheritance. He is a creature both rare and beautiful. Now he has dominant males trying to pin him to every available surface. What's a boy to do? Draco/Harry/Blaise. Adopted from Jayde Alyxandre. 3 , Anal, BDSM, D/s, Dom, DP, Exhib, Fet, Fingering, H/C, HJ, M/M, MPreg, Oral, Rim, Solo, Spank, Toys, Voy, WIP
Harry Potter > Threesomes/Moresomes

Sluggish by SillySilenia

Creature Blood which has been lying dormant in the Potter bloodline for generations manifests itself in Harry upon his Magical Inheritance. How will he deal with this? Not your average Creature Inheritance fic. Full summary within. 3Plus,Anal,AFFO,Angst,Bi,HJ,Herm,M/F,M/M,Minor2,MPreg,Oral,Solo,TF,WD,WIP

Posted : 2012-05-12 -:- Edited : 2012-05-12 12:01:00 -:- Read Reviews

Waiting by SpiralBreeze

COMPLETE! One year after the war Harry waits to hail down the Knight Bus, yet why is this simple task so difficult? AFFO, Angst, Anal, Drug Use

Posted : 2011-03-11 -:- Edited : 2011-05-07 17:05:03 -:- Read Reviews

Edited by JayDee

Again and Again (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8149841/1/Again-and-Again)

Author: Athey email.pngPM

The Do-Over Fic - a chance to do things again, but this time-To Get it Right. But is it really such a blessing as it appears? A jaded, darker, bitter, and tired wizard who just wants to die; but can't. A chance to learn how to live, from the most unexpected source. slytherin!harry, dark!harry, eventual slash, lv/hp

Guest maukittykat

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your suggestions.

Unfortunately i have already read the stories in posts - 1,2,4,5.

Rise of the Drackens is one of my favourite stories! Would love any suggestions for similar stories to this. I have already read Arcane Academy.

Yanked from the Uk is another of my favouites, but thanks for the rec.

Waiting looks interesting and so does Again and Again so i'll give them a go.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Keep them coming

Maukittykat

xx

• 2 weeks later...

If you enjoyed again and again the author Athey has a lot of good fics like:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7048321/1/The-Pocket-Watch-that-Changed-the-World

that one is a time travel fic, and the other that I really like is a reincarnation fic, not exactly time travel but it is amazing:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6486690/1/Rebirth

Death of Today » by Epic Solemnity reviews

COMPLETE LV/HP: Raised in a Muggle orphanage, Harry arrives at Hogwarts a bitter boy. Unusually intelligent, he's recruited by both the Unspeakables and the Death Eaters at a young age. As he grows older, he constantly has to struggle to keep his footing around a manipulative and bored Dark Lord, who fancies mind games and intellectual entertainment.
^^^^^^All time favorite fanfic! So satisfying and just good.
. Paraselenic » reviews
ºHPTR / HPLVº With maturity comes understanding, and Harry understands just fine. After ten years in training, Harry returns to the moment he left…with a whole new plan for himself. ºThe Light will never know what hit itº Vampire!Harry Dark!Harry

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Magnetic Attraction by frizzy is, I believe, the first Veela!Draco/Harry fic. The fic finished, but the sequel never came out.

Unwanted Bonds by CelticKitsune is a very good Draco/Harry/Blaise fic.

Nature of the Beast by Lomonaaeren is another Veela!Draco/Harry fic, but comes after the war with Voldemort is over.

Flare by Lomonaaeren is again set after the war, and stars Harry having an odd reaction to an ancient spell, resulting in phoenix-like attributes. Meanwhile, Draco is trying to convince him that cutting off his new wings is a bad idea.

Accidental Magic by margaritama is also set post-Voldemort's demise, and is one of those Marriage-Law!fics that I normally look at with skepticism. But this one, I was laughing aloud as Hermione lambasted Draco.

Also, A Brother to Basilisks by Lomonaaeren is not finished, and she (?) hasn't even really gotten to the pairing, but it's so good I had to mention it.

On HPFandom, Secrets by Vorabiza is absolutely amazing. Harry/Draco, and has a wonderful convolutedness that leaves you stunned and in awe of Harry's misadventures. XD

Another for HPFandom, and also by Vorabiza is Malfoy Flavor, and Harry discovers that his father was not quite who he thought it was, and promptly uses his newfound lineage to yank some reluctant Slytherins onto the Light's side.

Also, My Soul's Dearest Wish by shedoc on fanfiction.net is one of those rare really good Harry/Ron fics.

Another by shedoc is Harry Potter and the Soul Gems with its sequel. HPSG is has some MPreg due to circumstances with his line of work, and Ron doesn't factor in until the fic's sequel, Harry Potter and the City of Tents.

These are all the ones that I read over and over again because they are so good. Enjoy!

Guest blackcrimsomrose
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.