Click Here!

Foreign Accents

Kanashii

Ok, being I live in America...Many of my friends and I find that people with foreign accents (especially European) tend to be very attractive and sexy (Spanish, Italian, British, etc).

So in a way I am kind of curious (especially for our friends living in Europe, Netherlands, Asia, Russia, etc) what kind of 'accent' do you find pleasing to the ear or even sexually attractive? For those of us here in the US do you have a favorite foreign accent?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's one regional Polish accent that's just dreamy on girls. Also, that classic southern-belle accent from the 'states. That's hot. Also, one of the Carribean accents tickles me just right. Not sure where it originates or if it's widespread though because I have never been.

Guest MortiferLascivio
I, here in America, hate accents... I really do, especially British accents. And it sorta irks me that a girl can become attracted to a guy just by the way he speaks.

I agree with you...well about the British accents. I don't "hate" them, but I don't find them attractive either. In fact, they're kind of hard to understand.

There are loads of British accents and no one "The British Accent" which mystically makes American female pants hit the floor instantly, but for some reason Yanks always assume everbody sounds like Hugh Grant in anything or Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins.

There are loads of British accents and no one "The British Accent" which mystically makes American female pants hit the floor instantly, but for some reason Yanks always assume everbody sounds like Hugh Grant in anything or Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins.

You know, it holds true of any language. ALL of 'em have different accents and dialects. :D

Back to the topic tho....can't honestly say that I've got any especial favorite accents.

I have a handful of European friends, from all over England, Belgium, Sweden, all over. Out of all, the English accents are the hardest to understand, and it's not attractive at all...

Though, I guess I do sort of like Irish accents. =/

For English:

British accents > American accents, to be honest. I'm sorry but American accents are too flat. And don't get me started on American southern accents XD

(btw, I speak English with an American accent because I was born and raised there and while I hate it myself, my fiance just says "it's cute" and I can't figure out how)

I also like Irish accents, but heavy German ones are pretty sweet too. It just sounds funny and nifty at the same time.

For Dutch:

Western accents bother me >.> I live in the east towards the south and people speak much softer here. Flemish acents are just... Peculiar XD

Colonial dutch variations are scary to me.

For Spanish:

Sadly, my mother's own accent bothers me but I blame that on her never teaching me spanish when I was little and only learning it in school where the most influence comes from Mexico. The Spain Spanish accent isn't so bad, but Argentine spanish gets annoying with the "y" and "ll" sound always being "sh." Sounds like a lisp to me.

Edited by RikuDrak

Oh dear God, you don't want to get me started on Spanish accents, really.. And by "Spanish" I mean "Mexican".

But now I'm getting started on it.... XD

1: I lived in (For all but the last three months of my life) The Dalles, Oregon, it's like the cherry capital of the world or something... Anyways, during cherry season, hundreds upon hundreds of Mexicans would come, mostly illegally straight from Mexico to pick cherries. Not only does this turn The Dalles into, as I call it, "Little Mexico"... But the ones that do speak any English have that accent, and it just makes me want to cut out some tongues, I swear.

2: The ones who didn't come to The Dalles illegally, have kids, who go to school... I grew up in a school that was 75% Mexicans, 25% other, I actually heard less American accents than I did Mexican ones.

Um, I forgot my point..... OH, I don't like Mexican accents... Yeah, that was it.

Take what darkinulord said in this thread and the opposite is my opinion :)

I LOVE british accents, I love the entire spanish language.

French is definately overrated as a romantic language, Spanish is way better for that sort of thing. (things words like Llevame and Salvame) But French can be really sexy the way Yelle* does it.

Spanish is hard to describe but I suppose I'd call the the language of romance since it reminds me of Romani (gypsies, but the word romance comes from the word Romani (I think))

Do I know any other accents/languages stuff... uhm... Dutch is the language of drunks, though that isn't really relevant.

German is the language of gay pron.

Flemish is Vlaams right? 'Cause Vlaams is the language of... well, it's peculiar XD

ENGLISH!!! Dear god I hate americans who hate british >_>

You speak their language, not the other way around >_>

besides that, British is the language of a shy love

and American is the language of darkness

Japanese XD God, japanese is cool, 'nuff said.

Russian, I don't know that much Russian... But it's a very articulate language (not sure that sentence is correct) and if I had to choose I'd say it was the language of satire :)

I'm running out of languages... Correction: I've run out.

* Yelle (especially sexy from 2:40 trough 2:54):

I think the French accent is so cute and sexy! I know it's over rated but those guys know how to win you over with their language and mannerisms. *sigh*

Well I don't 'hate or dislike' anyone's accent. They have no choice of where they are born or how they speak.

Overall there are some accents I find very pleasing and enjoyable to listen too... Italian is at the top of the list.

Also European Spanish (those from Spain) it is spoken much differently than Latin American spanish.

German is nice too, but then I grew up hearing that accent. :lol:

Certain UK (especially Scottish or Irish) are great, but can sometimes be hard to understand especially if they have a deep region dialect or brogue.

Asian languages always sound like your being shouted at. :) I think it's the nature of the language, it just sounds harsh to my 'westernized' ear.

That's my humble opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

I like pretty much every accent. The only one that annoys me is mexican, in fact I don't care for the Spanish language.

As for my favorite, it's a tie between Canadian and Irish. I used to bug my ex girlfriend (who was Canadian) by asking her to say "about" because I thought it sounded cute.

For me, when I was growing up, people mistook my own tongue as a French accent, and I have never been to France nor born there!

But during the 1993, I spent time with some British fellas, hung out with members of the British band Def Leppard. Knew them on a very personal level to the point where Joe called my home. I could understand their tongue easily and they understood my own tongue.

When I got home and went to the mall the next day after visiting with them, I was asked if I was visiting from Britain because my accent turned British on me without me even noticing.

So I guess you could say my favorite accent would be British and Irish.

Beth

I like all accents. However, I don't like heavy accents because they're hard to understand.

I think the light touch is pleasing to the ear. For example, if someone rolls their "r"s just a tad strongly when speaking English but are otherwise clear, it can be quite nice. Mild Italian and Hindi accents, amongst others, are pleasing because of the musical lilt.

I'm American, but there have been a few times where people go "really?". Ever since I was a little kid, my enunciation has always been clear and precise. Fortunately the flow isn't clipped or stilted.

For this reason, some people think I'm actually British. Frankly, I don't get that. The British dialect isn't always that clear (not in the mood to quote, but check with Knorg). I've also gotten "French-Canadian without the slur". OK, I admit that French-Canadians tend to slur their speech a bit (and they're quite sober, mercibcp). Hell, they do it in their native French often enough, so why not in English? (I don't mean that as an insult - I say it because I interact with them often enough to state it as an observation).

Odder still, I don't get any Kelsey Grammer comments. Apparently, I don't sound pompous enough to warrant it. :blink: I swear I don't understand people at times. The other half of the time, it's "Americans are pompous but the accent lacks culture". Which is it?

I've had some people tell me that "American" isn't an accent.. But then why does every other country have an 'accent'?

Anyways, I like good ol' understandable American accents... Even clear speaking British accents are harder to understand, mainly because I was born and raised here (Will most likely be moving to Canada sometime at the end of the year, or next year.) and I've heard the 'accent' all my life.

American is only not an accent in the sense that New York Americans sound utterly different to San Francisco Americans. In the same way, British isn't an accent because within Great Britain you have Scots, Welsh, Cornish, English etc etc and various dialectal/regional variations. But if you aren't being a pedant then you can consider American to cover all accents in America, same as British to cover everthing from Brummie to Geordie.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.