Click Here!

Not Sure Where To Put This....

Demitria

Okay, I just noticed that AFF put in a "recommended reading" section again (YAY!!) but I'm not sure how to link people to the stories I've suggested. I tried HTML and then tags but those didn't work. Help?

Also, it'd be nice to have bold, italic etc options (basically what the forum has to write with when posting topics; totally cool!) when dealing with posting a fic or editing our profiles... not sure if this has been talked about or not... o.o But yeah! Thanks for any help!

Okay, I just noticed that AFF put in a "recommended reading" section again (YAY!!) but I'm not sure how to link people to the stories I've suggested. I tried HTML and then tags but those didn't work. Help?

:PMornin', Demitria! :P

Here's a pretty lil' FAQ that'll walk you through how to do the Recommended Reading thing down at the frolic pad we adoringly call AFF. That much is done with bb code (which refers to the use of the "square brackets" -- what you use to code in the Forum here). This is actually not how you would go about tweaking up your Profile or Stories, so your confusion's understandable. Sorry!

Also, it'd be nice to have bold, italic etc options (basically what the forum has to write with when posting topics; totally cool!) when dealing with posting a fic or editing our profiles... not sure if this has been talked about or not... o.o But yeah! Thanks for any help!

That's what you're looking for this time. This FAQ shows you how you can apply bold type, italics, and stuff like that to your Stories and Author Profile. As you'll see, in this instance, the code you want to use is HTML. I know it seems mismatched (how to code a Recommended Reading vs. how to code a Story or Profile) at this point -- I'm not positive if we're going to shift everything over to bb code in the end (I work with the techs, but I am far from being one!), but that is a possible goal, which might explain the temporary discrepancy.

:lol: Good luck, and here's to your new and wond'rous affair with AFF coding! May the force be with you, except when that would be a bad thing.:)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.