Click Here!

Archive Timestamps

hisbabybird

Hi, just a quick question -- I've noticed in the originals section (both in the erotica/sex and romance subcategories) that some stories show both the date and the time for when they were updated, whereas some show only the date. For example, my story, 'The Princess and the Slave' show only the date -- Updated [2008-01-06 00:00:00] -- whereas 'Christmas Dessert' shows both the date and the time -- Updated [2008-01-05 23:08:03]. It's not really a huge deal, but I was wondering if there were any plans to streamline this in the future. Thanks!

birdie.

Current plans are to replace all the date/time displays with a more readable date-- that "2008-01-05 23:08:03" example of yours would instead read as "January 5th, 2008". We're undecided about listing hour:minute:second of the update, but if the authors want to see that then we'll display it as well.

The 00:00:00 problem is due to some remaining issues with the update process-- depending on the way you add chapters to your stories*, sometimes the site will note the hour:minute:second of the submission and sometimes it will not, which translates over to having an empty timestamp if it doesn't. I've fixed the problem, but the fix isn't live on the main site yet. But yes, soon we'll have better update code and time listings.

* For the record, using the "Add chapter to this story ->" link at the bottom of any of your stories notes the full update time (and correct latests page position), whereas using the author panel "Add Chapter" link does not note the full update time.

Current plans are to replace all the date/time displays with a more readable date-- that "2008-01-05 23:08:03" example of yours would instead read as "January 5th, 2008". We're undecided about listing hour:minute:second of the update, but if the authors want to see that then we'll display it as well.

The 00:00:00 problem is due to some remaining issues with the update process-- depending on the way you add chapters to your stories*, sometimes the site will note the hour:minute:second of the submission and sometimes it will not, which translates over to having an empty timestamp if it doesn't. I've fixed the problem, but the fix isn't live on the main site yet. But yes, soon we'll have better update code and time listings.

* For the record, using the "Add chapter to this story ->" link at the bottom of any of your stories notes the full update time (and correct latests page position), whereas using the author panel "Add Chapter" link does not note the full update time.

Thanks xax!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.