Click Here!

Reviews? (lack thereof) *bad mood alert*

Feedback sought.

I'm not only speaking for myself here, but also for all writers in general, using my case as 1 example of many. I published my first story here on Oct. 27, it is now Nov. 1. The last time I looked, my story was read 236 times, & I guess I should consider myself lucky to have 1 review. Hell, I get a lot more feedback than that just on my blog, where not nearly that many people have read my stuff. I've seen stories that have been here for ages (good ones) with ~3000 reads yet only between 1-4 reviews. OK we write smut, but it's still a lot of work that we aren't getting paid money to write, we do so by enjoyment & our 'payment' is when people take a few short minutes of their time to give us some feedback on our work, which is very encouraging & sometimes gives us ideas to improve our writing. So, the message I get is that our stories are good enough to fap off to, but not good enough to review. WHY are there so few reviews on this site? On other popular FF sites, these same stories would get ~50-100 reviews. PLEASE do not tell me that I should not expect to get them, because writing is a lot of work, & besides that 1 kind person, that gives me the impression to have typed it here for nothing. Some may find my attitude bad in some way (fill in the blank), but I'm sorry, if that doesn't quickly change I won't publish anything else here; in the mood I'm in now I'm even considering deleting that 1 story & leaving this site. There is another FF site that accepts adult material where I can try publishing to. Excuse me, but where is the concept 'ADULT' in Adult FanFiction? Surely I'm not the only one who thinks I have no reason to be here.

Go here.... everything you have said is pretty much covered in that thread. Also, you need to take into account that, in your case, you are writing in an older fandom that doesn't get the traffic some of the newer ones do. That affects a great many things.