Click Here!

Anyone participating in NaNoWriMo this month?

BoredStraight

Hi all!!

Not sure if there's another thread about this but I was just wondering if anyone else is participating in NaNoWriMo this month? It's my first year attempting it and with a full time job, 4 month old son, and 0 inspiration I probably won't make it but I'm going to give it a shot! Who's with me?

Good luck ladies! And congrats on finishing two years in a row BronxWench! As for me it's the 8th already and I have 0 words so far :(

Bored_Straight, thanks! It's just been a crazy year altogether, but I'm on Day 8 and 20,001 words, so we'll see! I may pull it off yet, if I can keep up the 2500 words a day goal I set myself. I like a cushion... :D

botticelliangel, all I can say is that it's addictive. You get nothing for doing this except a messy freaking draft that's usually half done and full of holes, but it's a glorious mess. I'm still tidying last year's draft and it may, just may, be worth showing to a publisher. I've surprised myself. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Did you finish BronxWench? I didn't this year.... not even close. But oh well, it got me back into writing regularly again after a loooooooong break so it was worth it!

I did! I finished! :D It was not pretty, and the draft is a MESS, but I finished!!! :D

I'm sorry you didn't finish, but I'm delighted to hear it's gotten you writing again. That's the real goal of NaNo, after all. :D

I missed this thread, all because I didn't check anywhere during NaNo.

I managed to get 50k on the 17th, very silly early too - 1:10am GMT time.

I have the bad habit of not leaving much in the way of plot holes, I don't keep my inner editor shut up in a cupboard or she gets VERY shouty and derails my plots more than what my muse does!