Click Here!

How Do I Edit The Story Codes

Guest GMW

How do I edit the Story Codes for my stories? When you Add Story, there's a box to select the Story Codes (ex. AU/AR - Alternate Universe / Alternate Reality; COMPLETE - Story is now 100% completed; WIP - Work In Progress; etc.). When you go in and select Edit Story, then Edit Details, the Story Code box doesn't show up.

Thanks for your help.

Once you publish a story on the site, all of your story codes are appended to the end of your summary. To edit story codes after a story has been published, you can go to Edit Story -> Edit Details, then click on the 'Summary' field and scroll all the way to the right.

However, if your story summary is long or if you selected many story codes, it's possible that the codes may be cut off by the letter limit on that field-- in which case, you can't add more story codes. That's one of the things on the (long) to-do list.

Once you publish a story on the site, all of your story codes are appended to the end of your summary. To edit story codes after a story has been published, you can go to Edit Story -> Edit Details, then click on the 'Summary' field and scroll all the way to the right.

However, if your story summary is long or if you selected many story codes, it's possible that the codes may be cut off by the letter limit on that field-- in which case, you can't add more story codes. That's one of the things on the (long) to-do list.

I've noticed that when you type in a sumary and its at the limit, the codes are still added but they can't be edited because the limit blocks them. There needs to be a way to edit them without the character limit restriction because I know when they get auto-added by the archive it by-passes the character limit

I've noticed that when you type in a sumary and its at the limit, the codes are still added but they can't be edited because the limit blocks them. There needs to be a way to edit them without the character limit restriction because I know when they get auto-added by the archive it by-passes the character limit

The database can store a lot more data than you get to use for your summary, I think in part because the storage space was enlarged because people kept getting their tags cut off... I won't bore you with technical details, but basically allowing space for as many story codes as you need and a full summary is somewhat complex, which is why it isn't fixed yet.

But like I said, it's on the to-do list, so once my most-recent updates are up on the site I'll start working on getting that fixed.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.