Click Here!

Advertising Issues

Guest Morgan

Guest Morgan

Hey there, guys:

I've been having trouble accessing the pages that previously included information for those wishing to advertise with your site. I'd been hoping to work with you on this, but I can't seem to find an appropriate forum for posting the concerns (where did the information go). When I e-mailed the old address I used for contacting advertising staff here, I never heard back.

Any help would be appreciated.

_morgs_

I've been having trouble accessing the pages that previously included information for those wishing to advertise with your site. I'd been hoping to work with you on this, but I can't seem to find an appropriate forum for posting the concerns (where did the information go). When I e-mailed the old address I used for contacting advertising staff here, I never heard back.

Happy New Year, Morgan!

Ah yes, Advertising woes. This has been one of the facets of the site that has been taking quite a bit longer to hash out than we'd like.

A short while ago, we purchased a new Advertising program that'll will eventually make Advertisers' business with AFF a much simpler process than it ever was before. The ironic thing here is that getting it all plugged in to the right holes (hence the pages you find to be missing), learned by Staff (which has almost totally turned over since September), and properly customized for this particular site has been a tad time-consuming and confusing (especially with all the other changes the site had been seeing as 2007 pulled to a close).

I anticipate that everything will be squared away in a week or two on the outside... cross your fingers for me!

As for general information, we require any banners we host to be:

---Representing matierial relevant to AdultFanFiction.net and its audience (anime, fan works, literature, etc.)

---File size of 468x60 pixels

---In JPG, JPEG, or GIF format

Banners, at least for the forseeable future, will cost $20.00 per banner per month, firm. Unfortunately, we cannot adjust how much extra 'airtime' your banner will receive, even if you wish to pay more. If you want more visibility for your product, you may purchase another banner spot -- for another $20.00 USD -- and voila, you will have double the views. Don't worry -- you do not necessarily have to create a whole new banner for this second (or third) spot -- you can have the same banner running twice.

If you wish to pay for a whole year's campaign at once, we offer a discount! One month free.

To wrap this up, let me apologize for how behind the ball I've been since December-ish -- some health issues have reared their heads in fairly significant fashions, and I've been slower than I'd like in getting back to some folks who've written in. Although, if you're still writing the older addresses for Advertising concerns, know that we are actually handling Advertisers (as it were) through the admin@adult-fanfiction.org email address for the time being. Soon, that will change too, as our new Advertising software will include its own Help Desk. :P

Some websites that will give any interested Advertisers a good idea of what kind of traffic we see, while our old pages are down, are compete.com and alexa.com.

I'm really sorry for any confusion all these changes have caused, but as this transitional period draws to a close, I can confidently say that the end product of all of this will be something wonderful.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.