Click Here!

Converting a Current Riddick Fanfic to Original Fiction and Looking for a Picky Pair of Eyes!

Slayitalldown

I am hoping I can find a patient soul happy to check for grammar and spelling errors in a piece that I will be reworking from a fanfic that I have already written and posted.

I currently don't have a beta for the fanfiction version of the story, its been a work in progress for some time and while the people who review it love it, it has been mentioned in the past that it could 'use polishing' for minimal errors. I had a lovely beta begin with the first chapter and post some corrections for me and it has helped a lot with spotting my own mistakes but with none of us being perfect I'd really appreciate the talents of picky pair of eyes!

WARNINGS: The story itself is a sci-fi romance with some smut and violence, lots of space-travel and adventure. And swearing. Lots of swearing. No other real warnings - besides the amount of words! 75, 477 and counting - but it will need significant altering of certain details to move it from Riddick-verse into a 'verse of its own so it could probably use a B-story and the potential there is endless - both for adventure and minor errors! If I do my job right there shouldn't be any left-over info from the source material, I've added a lot of my own lore to incorporate my original characters and I just need to build on that to recreate the narrative. If you're a huge Riddick fan and can pick up those kinds of details too I'll consider it a much-appreciated bonus!

Here is the link for the current fan-fiction version:

Fire, Ice and Furya by Slayitalldown

I am currently working on the original fiction version and really hope I can find someone keen to stick with it the whole way - it is a lot of words - but I'm hoping that with the quality my writing is at currently it will just be a case of a story to read while keeping a sharp eye for mistakes. At this stage I'm testing the waters. Feel free to PM me if you are interested. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.