Click Here!

So, how do you prefer your men?

Lore

On 4chan's /y/, there's always been a rift between the bishie lovers and the bara lovers. Stuck in between are the poor normal guys and the shotas that get thrown in there by the more daring. So, my question to you all is:

Do you prefer the pretty boys, the men, the guys or the little boys? And who do you pair them with?

I've noticed that a lot of female yaoi fans like bishounen x bishounen, and a lot of guys go for bara x bara.

I personally like them all in some forms, honestly. Take the pairing Zelos x Regal from Tales of Symphonia. Zelos is pretty much what one would consider a bishounen - pretty, long hair, thin build; Regal would be close to being bara, but not quite - he's very tall and quite muscled, but at the same time he has very feminine hair and a nice outfit. And here's the catch.. Zelos is the seme. For me, at least.

And original pairing of mine happens to be bara x shota and the shota is pretty girly while his older counterpart ( the shota is a child form of another guy ) is pretty, but still masculine.

-is shot for being longwinded-

ok i like Shota and bishounen. (not at the same time mind you)

my favorite shota couplings just have to be the cute and innocent type. (you know how when boys kiss for the first time cause they don't know how to do it with girls and they don't wanna look stupid?). It happens among younger and younger kids these days.

My fave Bishounen couplings are always Bishounen that are pretty but exude strength, paired off with a slightly more masculine bishounen (you know shorter hair sometimes spiked but still a pretty face).

Guest Kagayaku Eiri

Typically, I like one of them to be effeminate. Not so much as to have them constantly confused with a female (seen that way too many times), but enough to notice; a smaller frame, somewhat shy.

To counteract the femininity, I like the other to be more masculine, but not too masculine. I draw the line at obnoxiously bulging muscles - Think Ai no Kusabi. -_-;;;

xD Wait.. Why pair them with a female, aldatariel? This IS the yaoi forum, silly~

And a general reply to all of the other replying people! Shota is good when used in small doses, I think. I got burnt out on it after doing one roleplay that -sorta- involved it. -_o It's just.. not fun. Clueless is cute sometimes but.. @_@

I can understand about not wanting your guys Ai no Kusabi like, though. But I think that was more that art style than anything. They weren't TOO big, it's just that the lines and shading were very defined so it seemed more defined and muscly than it really might have been. B: I have to admit, though.. I still giggle watching that sex scene in Kusabi. Something about it is just.. awkward. xD

Guest MortiferLascivio

I like both of my guys to be on the slender/small side. I have never found overly muscled men to be very attractive. On the other hand, I don't like overly effeminate men either. It doesn't seem right.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course there always has to be a bottom and a top... but I think it's kinda kinky to switch it once in a while. Even if you have an extremely effeminate man with a much more masculine man for a pairing (like an obvious uke/seme role), it's interesting to put the stronger dude on the bottom occasionally. I don't think there should be clear 'roles', unless you're just writing a PWP or a short story. Take chapter 9 in my story, 'at least he's hot.' Even though Rufus (from final fantasy seven) is the obvious uke in this story, I give the poor guy an opportunity to screw Reno for once. It just freshens things up. Seriously... how many times can someone take it up the ass before they just say *ENOUGH!*

Ha ha... so yeah. Ukes should get some ass too.

lauren

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chocolat

I think I'll go for pretty much anything. I love the bishounen of course and the muscle guys are cool sometimes too. Currently I'm in love with cross dressers and shouta.

Now, for both of these, I like them to look innocent. However, I don't want them to be completely innocent. For some reason I just like the characters that have a perverted side to them that you wouldn't expect.

Like, I wrote something a while back for Fruits Basket with Momiji innocently seducing Shigure *hee hee*. Fun times. Momiji: "Wow, can I touch it?" Anyway...

For my bishounen, I like them strong, arrogent, and graceful/well mannored... also easily annoyed. Them paired with an uke that isn't "overly uke". Like, they cry and wine all the time, 'cause that is just annoying. *kicks pink haired dude from Gravitation*

Shouta paired with an older man or teen is usually what I go for, but two young guys is good too. Like I said, I can go for almost anything when it comes to yaoi ;)

• 1 month later...
Now, for both of these, I like them to look innocent. However, I don't want them to be completely innocent. For some reason I just like the characters that have a perverted side to them that you wouldn't expect.

<_< that is so true it is always the innocent ones that you have to watch out for : )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Wow, am I the only one who likes when men look like men and behave like men ? :)

I like them rough, strong, independent... I like them being a challenge, not just waiting to be seduced and moaning at the slightest touch ;)

absolutely not dear. That's the only way to go for me. :D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...

I like my men... in almost every way that they come! XD It really depends on my mood. Sometimes I like them to be really manly and sometimes I like them just to be really cute! X3 All men, especially when they are together, are just yummy to me! XD

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer my men to look and act like they do in canon. I reject this idea that someone has to be the big hairy brute and someone else has to be the frail weeping virgin. I also reject the idea that the more forceful guy always has to top, and I've written three stories where the "receiver" calls the shots, snarling at the "giver" to hurry up and fuck him harder.

• 2 months later...
Guest CrisNoWait

Me too I love manly men and rarely paint my char femly. Lol bara lovers but it can be a bit much xD as close to bara I get is Morino Ibiki from naru. I love boushen me too, but strong willed and not flamers unless its pwp or comedy.

I love pairing bara x boushen and tough sime-bara x cluless uke *drools*

As far as shota I like both chars young *badgrin* unless its Rape! Especially by slimy tentacles. Some of the hottest pics i've seen is shota x tentacle :blink:

Ahh yes perv,,

• 2 weeks later...

This is like asking, "What do you prefer, sweet, salty, spicy, or maybe sour food?" To which I'd answer, "As long as it's tasty, bring it on!".

No, really. I like tough, muscular guys like Brad Evans from Wild Arms 2; short, tiny guys like Yami Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh!; bishounen types like Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho. Each has their own charm and are beautiful in their own unique way. They all have a bright brain, so maybe that's more of a turn-on for me.

I do not like shouta, though. My "food" has to be ripe :)

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.