Click Here!

Evil Fairy's Review Replies

Evil Fairy

This is just a little thread I'm making to reply to any reviews my various stories receive. I thought about going back and replying to the older reviews, but I think that's probably a little impractical. So for the time being at least, this is for replies to the reviews I will receive from this point on. (Not that I don't immensely appreciate the reviews I've already gotten, of course!)

So right off the bat I've got a couple for my Recess story, Ashley's Secret:

Imasuky: Horror was indeed what I was going for, so I'm glad you found it wonderfully horrid! Thank you!

Christopher: Yeah, I sort of surprised myself with how dark this turned out, but I guess I was in a pretty dark frame of mind. Still, I'm very glad you enjoyed it, thanks!

Edited by Evil Fairy

For Riley's Replacement:

Imasuky: This and Ashley's Secret were a pair of dark little stories that I just got a wild urge to write. I'm certainly glad you enjoyed it and thought it was written well and, well, it's meant to be kind of disturbing as well...hopefully without going way over the top. ^_^ Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

For coldfang66's review of Jazmine Gets Fearsome:

Thanks! I definitely agree that between Jazmine and Cindy alone there's not nearly enough good Boondocks stuff out there...and that doesn't even touch Jazmine's mom, some of the other adults, and that lovely girl from the kickball episode. ^_^

This story is one that I've always been rather proud of, and I'm very glad you enjoyed it!

This is just a little thread I'm making to reply to any reviews my various stories receive. I thought about going back and replying to the older reviews, but I think that's probably a little impractical. So for the time being at least, this is for replies to the reviews I will receive from this point on. (Not that I don't immensely appreciate the reviews I've already gotten, of course!)

Geez, if I'd known that I would've kept my reviews under wraps until you started this thread. :P

Geez, if I'd known that I would've kept my reviews under wraps until you started this thread. :P

Of course if I were going to bend that rule for anything it would be your god-tier reviews. We shall see...

But regarding your (FairySlayer's) review of Ashley's Secret....

As always, thank you for the in-depth review!

A big part of what I was going for here was that Spinelli started off as an innocent, at least in the sense that a situation like this was completely outside both her experience and her imagination. And her innocence is, in a way, what dooms her, as it makes her utterly unequipped to handle the problem, both what's actually happening and her own response to it. Did she want to help Theresa? Yes, for what it's worth. On a certain level, she absolutely wanted to help. But did she think that what she was doing to Theresa was 'helping?' Did she maybe think that Theresa didn't like it, and it would push Theresa over the edge into 'allowing' Spinelli to tell? (Another question there, which you nicely put your finger on: Was Spinelli so thrown by the situation that the normally decisive girl really wasn't sure if telling was the right thing to do, or was she taking advantage, consciously or not?) Or was she simply indulging her own curiosity, since the opportunity was there? Those are the kinds of questions that I think are better left open to interpretation.

But yeah, no matter the reasons, before Spinelli even has a chance to realize how completely stuck she's gotten herself, Ashley A swoops in. I mentioned this elsewhere but it's worth mentioning again...for the purposes of this story Ashley A is modeled after a bully I knew during middle school. Of course, it's all much, much dramatized (and sexualized :P ) but the key things are the cruel, uncaring way she plays with her victims and the vicious glee she displays when she's able to get someone else to join in the torment. Certainly, Ashley A can see just how in over her head Spinelli is, and right away she realized how easily the other girl could be manipulated into doing a terrible, terrible thing.

In the end, of course Spinelli is responsible for her own actions...but her naivete made the outcome almost inevitable. She's a girl who doesn't really think about things...especially when a situation becomes unthinkable. :P And the results of that speak for themselves.

As for a followup, I'm not sure, though I'm playing with the idea. It would likely be very short, less, um...visceral, I guess you'd say. And yes...most likely quite unpleasant.

At any rate, my goal here was to write something dark (to say the least) and emotional, with enough complexity that it would leave readers asking questions. I didn't really know HOW dark it would get when I started...but I'm pleased with how it ended up, especially since I seem to have accomplished my goal somewhat! ^_^

Again, thanks so much for reading (and proof-reading! ;) ), and for such insightful comments! :D

Edited by Evil Fairy

And for coldfang66's review of A Possible Pony:

Thank you! A lot of stuff went right with this story...one of those cases where the whole thing just came together and flowed right out. And I do think the pairing had a lot to do with it...there will never be enough Kim/Joss! ;)

I'm glad you've enjoyed the stories you've read, and if ever you decide to peek at any of my other stories, I hope you'll like them as well!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For Wormychan’s review of Ember Reignited:

Thanks so much! Trying to keep everyone is character is something I strive for in all my stories, so it’s always nice to hear I succeeded. ^_^ Ember Reignited is, I have to admit, a story that’s been on the back burner for quite some time, but it’s definitely one I plan on returning to!

• 2 weeks later...

For Lunarsilver’s review of A Fairy for Gloomsville:

Very glad you liked it. :) I too wish there was more Ruby Gloom stuff here, or everywhere, really!

I can’t take credit for the other RG story here on AFF though, since The Dark Side of the Bright Side is the work of Fairy Slayer. (With all these Fairy names flitting around though, I can’t blame you. :P )

And while I’m quite pleased with how well A Fairy for Gloomsville turned out, I’d be the first to admit it doesn’t really hold a candle to Dark Side, that one’s kind of a masterpiece.

• 1 month later...

For Oric13’s reviews of A Possible Pony & An Incredible Valentine:

Thanks for reading and reviewing! ^_^ In A Possible Pony, small as it was, that was a scene I really enjoyed writing...it made me chuckle. So it’s very nice to hear that someone else liked it as well!

As for An Incredible Valentine, I’m glad you enjoyed it overall. I know that going futa with Helen is something a lot of other authors and artists go with, I can attest that I’ve always been more intrigued by what she might be able to do with her tongue, so I went with that. ;) And you’ll notice that even there, Helen stopped herself from popping her daughter’s cherry. Doing that would make things seem a bit more serious than the bubblegum-sweet tone I was trying to set. <3

But I’m quite happy you enjoyed both stories and, again, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

For crimaneau’s comments on An Incredible Valentine

Aw, thanks! :) I’ve mentioned before that I try very hard to reproduce the voices of the characters in my stories...I want to be able to hear the lines in their voices. And it sounds like I succeeded in this instance. ;) 

As for commissions, AFF has a very strict policy about not hosting any commissioned work or really even talking about doing commissioned work on their site. (And with good reason! Can’t be too careful. :P ) So I can’t really address that here. 

On an unrelated topic, as a general FYI, I’ve updated my profile page with my tumblr info and a few other things. 

Edited by Evil Fairy

• 1 month later...

Replies to the comments on Sweet Dreams, Lana Loud:

Tom: Thanks! Glad you liked it! 

HappyLookingShell: Thank you very much! Funnily enough, I too am trying to come back from a long period of inactivity, and Sweet Dreams was my first new story in quite some time. :P I definitely want to do more with The Loud House...there’s so very much to play with there. ^_^ I’ve got some ideas, but I haven’t decided whether they’d work better as a continuation of this story, or set as an entirely new one. Either way, I hope you’ll enjoy it! 

For HappyLookingShell’s review of Attack of the Perilous Pumpkin Patch Girls: You know, I was all set to just say that it was an old Jam story, and that I didn’t really have any plans for a continuation...then I found myself batting the idea around in my head a bit and...hmm... I might just have something to be thankful for in the near future. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

For GeorgeGlass’ comments on Sweet Dreams, Lana Loud:

Why thank you! There is something very adorable, attractive and delightfully transgressive about the love between two siblings crossing into the sexual, isn’t there? ^_^ I kind of built the whole story around that image in Lana’s little ‘explorations,’ not even realizing she had Lori’s silent consent, so it’s very nice to know it worked. And yeah, Lana’s not one to avoid getting her face a little dirty, is she? I totally agree about the character voices...I find that in a naughty story, if a character’s tone doesn’t match up with the source material, it really takes me out of it. So it’s something I work pretty hard on, and, again, it’s always great to hear I’m managing to pull it off. Thanks again! :) 

• 1 month later...

For GeorgeGlass’ comments on An Incredible Valentine

It’s always such a little thrill when someone gets one of those tiny little references, like the ‘bulgy’ line. ;) And I’m glad you enjoyed it overall too! Of course, with Violet and Helen you’d really have to try and screw that up. Despite her more retiring nature, I wanted Violet to be the one to keep pushing, at least up to the point that her immature knowledge ran out. And what better to give you a little shot of confidence like actually being invisible? I was always a little proud of the little power stunt of snapping off Helen’s buttons...a sublte use of power, but quite a useful one, no? And while I’ve seen plenty of fics and pictures using Helen’s powers to do futa stuff, I always thought that being able to change the size and shape of her tongue was a much better application. ^_^ Thank you!

PS- And double thanks, by the by, for the shoutout for ‘Sweet Dreams, Lana Loud’ in your transparency thread! :)

• 3 months later...

For GeorgeGlass’ comments on Afterparty Pressure:

Firstly, thank you again for reading and commenting, always a pleasure! ^_^ I was always rather proud of the ‘apples made of fire’ line, so I’m glad you got a kick out of it too! 

If I’m going to give a character a big secret kink like that, I usually like to try and give at least a little explanation for it...it’s more satisfying that way, I think. Plus I quite like the idea of lil’ Wendy and Tambry taking their big wheels to a secluded spot for some fun. <3 

Pacifica owes a lot of her portrayal in this story to Fairy Slayer’s portrayal of her in ‘Bell of the Ball.’ (I mean, this was a follow-up to that story, so, obviously, right? :P )But she was so sweet and earnest in that, I wanted to try my hand at her as well. And, given my personal predilections, I guess that sweet earnestness made me want to put her through the wringer a bit. >:D I like characters that are stronger and better than they think they are, right up until their backs are really against the wall, and that’s just Pacifica all over. 

As for the criticism about Wendy’s reaction, I get it. I’ve thought a couple of times that I should have addressed Wendy’s state of mind a little better, but at the time I didn’t really have a graceful way to squeeze it in without getting out of Pacifica’s head and into Wendy’s, and I really wanted to keep it to Paz’s POV. My concept was that first of all she was drunk, horny and not thinking clearly, of course. XD At that point Wendy had no way of knowing there was anything more to Pacifica than the classic ‘Mean Girl’ persona she’d wrapped herself in, and Wendy’s in high school, so she’d be familiar with what that kind of girl could do to a sweet boy like Dipper. And sprinkled across the top was a bit of residual guilt from having to turn him down, the source of the ‘already had his heart broken once’ line. That was the idea, but I would have to agree that I could have expressed it better. Well, live and learn.

I’m quite pleased that you enjoyed it overall though! If you do ever get around to giving the next part a read, I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Edited by Evil Fairy

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.