Click Here!

New? Introduce Yourself!

Guest TricksterKitsune

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Welcome to AFF :D

(Edit, now that I’ve got the time to respond more fully): in regards to the question, what you should know… :D 

- We have excellent FAQs for most things regarding both Forum and Archive in the “Please Read” section of the main forum

- If you have a question that you can’t find the answer to, we are more than happy to help in the “General Staff Questions” forum

- Pointy things are to be left at the entrance, in the closet, where staff can steal it and tell you you never brought it in to begin with

- and we do tend to encourage drinking (virtual or IRL is up to you), often heavily… 

- oh, and we usually don’t bite… unless asked to… if we do without being asked, there are probably spray bottles randomly around the place to get the biter to stop… 

- and finally, (just to quote the motto of the only heavy metal music festival that my country hosts) don’t be an ass, :D 

- otherwise, we’re fairly normal around here… I think. 

**sits down and waits for the senior staff to either laugh or tell me off for being sassy**

@BronxWench@WillowDarkling

Thanks for the warm response.

One thing I’m curious about is whether or not it makes sense to have individually published stories or multi chapter stories?

Been trying to figure out where to ask this.

Basically, I have a series of one shots from the same fandom that I’ve posted as a multi chapter story. Wondering whether I should’ve added them as individual stories.

22 minutes ago, Deadman said:

One thing I’m curious about is whether or not it makes sense to have individually published stories or multi chapter stories?

Basically, I have a series of one shots from the same fandom that I’ve posted as a multi chapter story. Wondering whether I should’ve added them as individual stories.

Welcome, welcome. 

Hijacking threads (within reason) can happen around here :)

Obviously, the archive supports both ways, in that you can publish them individually, or lump them together into a single one.  IMO, if the oneshot stories are tightly related/coupled, then a single story as a collection would make sense.  If they’re not related, then separate stories would be less confusing.  One pro of separate postings is that you’d get separate hits/reviews for each one.  A pro to multi-chapter is you’ve got better control to the sequence the reader will most-likely browse through them, if that helps with cohesion between the oneshots.

Anyways, welcome to the archive & forums!

- DP

57 minutes ago, Deadman said:

I’ve done both. I used to play in the Challenges a lot, and I’d do a lot of flash fic one shots in response to those (which reminds me that I need to update the links to those, dammit). I also did multi-chaptered stories comprised of flash-fic chapters. That was actually sort of insane but fun. And of course, I did a four-part short story series for the Holiday prompts, only because the setting I created wouldn’t leave me alone.

So honestly, I’d say to do it the way that feels most comfortable to you as the author. If you like the pieces as individual one shots, that’s how you publish them. If you feel they work better as a multi-chaptered work, that’s what you do.

I think that the best place for that kind of convo would be in the Writer’s Corner which you can find here: 

https://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/forum/62-writers-corner/

That’s the best place to get input from other authors and readers, instead of just us staff members. :D Happy writing.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi everyone! I just joined this community. My name's Jasmine. She/her/they/them. I'm 30 years old and a genderfluid lesbian. I love to read and I love to write. I write mostly original fiction. Currently I'm writing a science fiction/erotic romance story. 

I wrote only one fanfiction for the Catch Teenieping fandom but I got writers block so I never finished it or posted it anywhere. Haha.

But I am really interested in fanfiction. I really would love to start writing fanfiction! I am currently reading The Hobbit. So maybe I will write fanfiction for the LOTR fandom. 

Besides reading and writing, I love drawing, watching anime, playing video games on nintendo switch lite. 

I'm so glad that  I joined this website and I hope that we can be friends! :)

39 minutes ago, sapphicloveeternal said:

Hi everyone! I just joined this community. My name's Jasmine. She/her/they/them. I'm 30 years old and a genderfluid lesbian. I love to read and I love to write. I write mostly original fiction. Currently I'm writing a science fiction/erotic romance story. 

I wrote only one fanfiction for the Catch Teenieping fandom but I got writers block so I never finished it or posted it anywhere. Haha.

But I am really interested in fanfiction. I really would love to start writing fanfiction! I am currently reading The Hobbit. So maybe I will write fanfiction for the LOTR fandom. 

Besides reading and writing, I love drawing, watching anime, playing video games on nintendo switch lite. 

Welcome to AFF!

We’re generally a very friendly bunch, and obviously writing is our passion here. These forums are a wealth of information, and also a great way to check in with staff if you have any questions. We love questions! :lol: 

9 hours ago, sapphicloveeternal said:

Cool and welcome to the growing pool of friends around here :) 

Fanfiction is how I got started (Harry Potter).  My writing’s evolved as I got into original fiction about a decade ago.  Still go back and forth as my muse leads me there.

Anyways, welcome to the community!

On 5/14/2023 at 8:13 PM, BronxWench said:

Welcome to AFF!

We’re generally a very friendly bunch, and obviously writing is our passion here. These forums are a wealth of information, and also a great way to check in with staff if you have any questions. We love questions! :lol: 

Hi thank you so much for welcoming me! 

On 5/15/2023 at 4:49 AM, Desiderius Price said:

Cool and welcome to the growing pool of friends around here :) 

Fanfiction is how I got started (Harry Potter).  My writing’s evolved as I got into original fiction about a decade ago.  Still go back and forth as my muse leads me there.

Anyways, welcome to the community!

Hello! It's nice to meet you! 🙂

On 5/14/2023 at 4:31 PM, sapphicloveeternal said:

Indeed! I will always say if you want to write a story start with fanfiction. Glad to see you and welcome aboard, May your creativity be boundless and your words many! 😊

On 5/15/2023 at 1:31 AM, sapphicloveeternal said:

There are a number of us that write original fiction and post it at https://original.adult-fanfiction.org in case some you have non fanfiction stuff you want to post.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.