Click Here!

New? Introduce Yourself!

Guest TricksterKitsune

I'm not really new to either the forum or the archive, but I've posted on the forums a few times, so I figured I'd look for the Intro thread to give a shout. My name is Lizzie, and I read waaay too much fan fiction. AFF was one of the first siites I came across that dealt with adult fan fiction, and I haven't looked back since. I love the mods and admins on this site, as they have always been so great about helping when technical issues have arisen for me. I have been known to write fan fiction in the past. My favorite kind is Harry Potter fic. I read many pairings, but Harry and Draco will always claim my heart. When I started in fandom reading, my pairing was Draco/Hermione. I even wrote one, but in the middle of it, I fell heart-first in lust with H/D, so it took awhile to finish. It's posted on another site, but I also have some things posted on the archive here as well. Of course they are H/D, but I've also written other slash pairings. I love to write, but I'm not always good at writing chaptered stories, so most things I write are fairly short. I read more than I write.

My favorite food is spinach, my favorite color is any shade of purple, and I still watch cartoons sometimes. I fully believe it's healthy to embrace your inner child, and that it's acceptable to be a little deviant now and again, so long as it doesn't hurt anyone. I do my best to be nice, and try not to judge anyone. That's probably more than anyone really wanted to know, but if your curious about anything else, just ask me. Peace to all.

• 1 month later...

Hello! Im Sketttimon9 (Skettimon at the archive). Not much to say about myself-going through GED classes, unemployed, 21 yrs old. I used to write tons of fanfiction. I started out reading and writing with DBZ, moved onto other animes like Yu Yu Hakusho, and Inuyasha. Then I got caught up in the HP craze, and wrote maybe six or seven stories in that fandom. My first stories were with the pairing of HP/DM. I never really wrote any other HP stories in which HP/DM weren't the dominant couple. I also got sucked up into the Constantine/Chas world-wrote a couple one-shots there.

About three years after becoming a pretty good fanfiction writier, I suffered a horrible case of writers block. This block lasted about five years. I'm now better, ha, but I'm always afraid of a "relapse", if you will.

My fav. pairings these days are:

RsW/SM (Rose/Scorpius from HPNG)

TL/VW (Teddy/Victoire from HPNG)

HP/SS (although I've read almost EVERY great HP/SS fic out there)

RnW/DM

I primarily read Harry Potter fic now, but it's all NEXT GEN HP characters. I've read just about every good HP/DM (so much to the point that I actually dislike that pairing horribly), SB/RL, SB/RL/HP, HP/SS (was obsessed with this pairings for quite a long time), RW/DM (also obsessed with this one for a long time). I also love the Star Trek series so much it's sickening. Anything to do with ST and I'm THERE.

Kirk/Spock best pairing ever. PERIOD.

That's enough out of me. Anyways hi, I'm new!

Edited by Skettimon9

Hi! I'm Evilpyecat, and I am new to the forums, and have been posting my work in the archives for only a month under the same name. However, I have been reading fanfiction for years now, this being the main site I have been attracted to. I used to override the firewalls on the computers at school so I could read fanfics when I wasn't busy (never got caught either, hahaha). I know, I was too young then, but I couldn't resist! Now, I am 24, currently a tutor for my stepbrother, and a VERY devoted mother to my almost 2 year old son. I'm looking forward to being an author here on this site, and also participating in the forum.

Welcome to the forums Evilpyecat - I do appreciate you putting me at risk for going to jail for your actions prior to turning 18, however wish you the best of luck in your writing endeavors! I do so hope that perhaps with age has come wisdom and you will follow the rules going forward!

• 2 months later...

Hi!

The name is sgreen703 and writing has been a hobby of mine.... for years now. I loved starting the morning in elementary school writing in our little composition journals and I remember being so frustrated when I wasn't called upon because I wanted to so badly share my little story. And I'm very soft spoken, aha.

I'm not new to writing.... communities, I was a member on Fan Fiction but started to feel so repressed and held back from posting what I wanted, so I moved to Fiction Press. Then I saw how they're going to actually follow through with making sure there's no dirty or violent stories. So I left both.

I'm not a perfect writer or in my eyes even an amazing writer it's just something I like to do and is one of the many ways in which I express my creativity and I want to share it. My writing might not be perfect or to some people 'realistic' or whatever but it is what it is - although I am always looking to improve in any aspect of my life.

Pretty much all of my writing I post on here will be 'original content' and they all pretty much flow together. Another big thing is that I co-write with my best friend Ashley who has also written/writes on Fan Fiction and Fiction Press (though I'm the one who takes care of the dirty stuff ;)). We're perfect writing... partners for each other and we have so much fun exchanging role plays or ideas on FB and from the time we've talked we've pretty much partnered up together with our original writing from here on out with our characters, ideas, etc. So a lot, probably the majority of my stories will be co-written with Ashley - or as anyone likes to call her, Asshole. :D

I'm getting her to make an account on here too but we've agreed to post all our co-writing crap through my account, full complete permission and everything. She's my writing bestie/soul mate/hubby whatever you want to call it.

Anyways, I feel like this is getting rather long but I'm glad to be apart of a new writing community. I feel a sense of relief knowing I'm not being 'policed' for what I or what Ashley and I write and I'm excited to get to writing.

One more thing - I can be a bit slow with updates. Like I said, writing is a hobby. I have other interests outside of writing and am always sorta busy but I do make time to write and update so it's not terribly slow. Aha.

Alright, I'm serious this is it - I'm shutting up and getting to my actual stories now. :)

Hi! I'm KoKoa B! Like many of the authors here, I have been writing stories for as long as I could remember; at least from the age of 10! I had started unknowingly writing fanfic for the past 10 years (it was mainly celeb fanfic) and after my sis-in-law got a glimpse of a few stories, she was the one who suggested that I start posting a few online. Unfortunately, I've only been able to post one story and now that I've found this site, I think it would be more suited on here than on ff.net!

Seeing that I am new on here, I have questions galore! But, I will save them for other topics in the forum... hopefully! Wait; introduction of myself~ right! I tend to ramble... uh; I'm in my 30s so the underage thing has been nipped in the bud there. And, um... that's really it! LOL I'm looking forward to learning more about this site as well as fanfic in a whole and getting to meet people who are as enthusiastic about their writing as I am about mines!

Haha, I suppose I should post on here.

I go by SmellsLikeJapan and I'm fairly new to the forums. I've been a member of AFF since 2010. I'm not that creative in regards to story telling so I just prefer to read. I hope to do more than lurking on here.

I generally go by Blade Redwind as a pen name, but most refer to me as Blade, or Kit. I've been reading fanfiction for... god--years. I know I've been writing it since I was about fifteen--probably. And I've been reading and writing romance since I was about twelve. Believe it or not my parents never steered me away from the naughty books. I guess they were just happy I was reading xD. I grew up with a library not far from my house for a little while. It was in walking distance. So, I literally poured through romance, and not the crap from harlequin either. Avon ^^. Some of my favorite authors to date are Julia Quinn and Eloisa James. Both very funny and very good at what they do.

A few year ago I realized I wanted to write seriously. And since then I've been in college for a creative writing degree. But, I'm starting my career kinda early with my own online book. It's in the works, it's steampunk, and I hope it does well.

And yes, I was one of those kids who read naughty stuff on ff.net when they had it on there. Then again, my parents didn't mind so... yeah. Not you guys though. I'm not sure you were around before the 2002 debacle. Either way, I guess I think it's silly. My kids are in middle school and high school. I don't think I'd be ok with them reading erotica, but romance-level would be fine with me. Better than them killing off people in some video game :/

Either way, thanks you guys for being here to host my imagination.

• 2 weeks later...

o/ to everyone here. I am unrealuniverse and I am remarkably new to Fanfiction to be honest given I have only been reading it for about 2 years. I am a little bit of a contradiction in that I did not do particularly well in English at school and my creativity is not one of my strongest points. A vibrant imagination and effort have however lead me to begin writing my first Fanfiction in the Mass Effect universe. I have currently got 9 chapters posted here with chapters well over 50 already written.

I did intend to write this for myself but I thought that other individuals may appreciate the plot and even like the story. I therefore posted it on FanFiction.net before realising my dark streak was going to make it a more adult story after writing chapter 20 onwards. I have therefore began to move Marked Effect here in its original uncut version and I hope AFF.net becomes a happy home for the story.

I will have a good dig around what there is in the archives and post reviews where I can. Hope to see you all around.

Welp. I have to say that I like it here. I am a sarcastic, snarky, and a dirty little dork who enjoys reading and writing. Although I tend to be hyper-critical of my own work, which of course results in me not being as quick at producing as I would like. Also, there is so much wonderful, gushy, sticky, reading goodness on the site that I will be lost here for months. O_O. I'm up for Beta-ing for people (I've posted in the willing to beta section for those who need it), for making my writing process less like molasses going up hill in January. . .so I don't continue to be my own biggest cock blocker---har har--and to hopefully make as many people laugh as possible given that they can't see me dancing like a moron via the forumz. yupp. *waves* :w00t: Life's too short for haterade.

Edited by ClumsyPinkTiger

• 1 month later...

Hello there, everyone. I'm Coelacanth. Yes, the fish in my avatar pic is a coelacanth as well. I've been writing for many years, but I usually don't show people anything that I write. For the most part, my writing consists of story lines for a video game. I even have a book that's meant to be made into a game when I finish college, provided I can pitch it to someone who likes it.

Speaking of college, I am a Junior majoring in Computer Science (focus on game design) with a dual minor in Math/English. I need to be able to tell a good original story, and my professors all agreed when I told them I should take more English classes. I fully plan on designing my own game when I'm older. Right now I'm only 23, so I've got plenty of time.

I have many hobbies. First and foremost, I'm a gamer. Some of my earliest memories involve me holding a controller. I can remember beating Megaman 2...when I was 4 years old. That started my rise into the gaming world. I even played Halo 2 competitively across the country for a couple of years. No, I'm not going to tell you my MLG name. I love computers, and I really enjoy programming. While a lot of people find it a chore to sit around and write lines of code, I've always been fascinated with writing a code then seeing what happens.

I love to read. Truthfully, I've been on this site for longer than I can rememeber. I probably shouldn't admit it, but I remember the first time that the site asked me if I was 18, and I could truthfully respond that I was for once. I've read countless stories on aff.net, some amazing, others...not so much. I have never been one to talk down to people about writing, though. I love to help people who have a good story to tell, but have grammatical problems. Same with math, I tutor people for free in my spare time. I often come off as pompous or condescending, but I really am a nice person. I never mind going out of the way to help a friend, or anyone for that matter. I even give rides to hithikers.

I have too many hobbies to really sit here in list, so I'll only name a few more important ones. I love cars. I autocross now and then, and I visit a nearby dragstrip a few times a year. I feel at home in water more than on land, swimming is probably my favorite physical hobby. I exercise a lot, and enjoy running 5ks when I can. I love the outdoors and hiking. I enjoy visiting local waterfalls and cave crawling, and generally I'll try anything once if it's not overly dangerous.

Well, I think that's a pretty decent introduction. If you have any questions, just ask! Oh, and I'm also a cosplayer/congoer! I live in the southeast, so I go to Dragon*con every year. I've made a lot of close friends at conventions, and if you've never been to one I'd definitely recommend it. Con people are usually very nice.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MikoMcKenzie

Hello, new here, but i've been lurking for months. Mainly the InuYasha and Vampire Knight boards. (Inuyasha+Kagome, Zero+Yuki :D) I've even written some original material that isn't fanfiction itself. Hopefully it can find a home here, cause I really love it. :D

Welcome, welcome! Everyone here is pretty friendly, and if you need anything stop by the shoutbox. There is usually a conversation going on there...for better or worse. :dance:

• 2 months later...

Hello I'm Lilblossomcub or Kura as others have known me.

I am new to this site and wanted to see how different and gain a new experience from the ff.net version.

I am into yaoi and have been for oh 10years or so you could say. I love the series Junjou Romantica and hope to add more fics under that category and possibly Naruto and Final Fantasy as well.

• 1 month later...

Howdy... my name here is Joseph Nathaniel Spears, as in the fics... the same when I review

I normally read yuri and furry stories... something out of the normal.

I have a fanfiction in Anime >> Pokemon >> Alternate Universe... maybe I mistagged it but... still, I wish to get a lot of reviews and know if I'm making too much errors...

English isn't my mother language but still, I'm kinda good using it, I guess xD

See ya! =D

Hello there! Newbie here! :trink25:

I've known the existence of this place for a while and finally yesterday I decided to join and submit my first story. I love adult writing (specially slash) and I'm sure I will enjoy this place, learn a lot and make slash fans pals! :3

I may not be as active as I wish but I'll be here. Tee hee.

We'll keep on reading!

(Don't know if I know someone from Y!Gallery or Tumblr?) :mellow:

• 4 months later...

Yo! I am Regretsama and I love anime and RPG games...

I do write stories which is always incomplete..

Anyway my pen name is also Regretsama in AFF.net

And I am currently working on my fanfic which is about my favorite character, Regret from the game Zenonia and I admit it is kinda my first time to write a smut fanfiction here.

So there :)

PS: I am really new here :)

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone. This is Bowser da King here, my pen name on AFF.net being Bowser_da_King. I'm autistic, hence why I believe my writing abilities are often hindered, or why I believe I'm sometimes younger than my actual age of 19. In terms of names though, just refer to me as either Bowser or by my two other nicknames; Grandis and/or Mighty, the latter I use on a majority of sites. Where it REALLY gets confusing though, is the fact I tend to change my username on sites I'm able to quite a lot, so I go by multiple different usernames throughout my stay at a forum.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Pokemon, at least the mainseries games for the Nintendo Handhelds more so than the Anime and such. Don't get me wrong, the Anime was fine..... When I was younger, nowadays I just can't stand the anime at all unless they do something that isn't redundant for once. The games always keep my occupied though, as I plow through the National Dex in Generation V with little to no difficulty due to my vast resources in catching them all.

Other than that, I don't frequent around AFF.net that much, mainly because my first story I posted here was an absolute train wreck, but despite that it was oddly enough my most popular story on the censored version on Fanfiction.net. Honestly, the only reason I posted the story again on AFF.net was because things were getting too out of hand for FF.net in terms of the rating system. They REALLY need to add an MA-Rating, honestly.

My typing isn't all that bad though, the problem is most times is the fact I improvise almost the entire storyline rather than plan ahead of time. This is what lead to my story being such a train wreck, that and the OCs involved in it didn't get pulled off properly. I've still got a lot to learn though, but I know my typing is one of my best skills I have available to me at the moment.

I'm also an artist as well, preferring use of a Mouse to draw my various characters and creatures that I design. I also typically use Microsoft Paint, why? Because, well, I've learned how to use other programs before, but the problem is I can never do the features the same ease of use the way I can with MS Paint, even if it lacks most of the features all those other programs have. My line art is typically what people call my best aspect of my art, but the rest tends to be a mixed bag, but I still believe I'm one of the better people who can use MS Paint and use it well to an extant. My main issues typically tend to be proportions and shading, which I'm slowly beginning to work around with.

As to who I typically am, my OCs vary between just being normal characters, to being god-like deities that specifically fall under the Trope called "Olympus Mons". My actual characters aren't as frequent as the creature or monster designs I create, because mainly most of my OCs are monstrous beasts because I can't draw humanoids very well, or, at least humans that is. I specialize in creating rather stylistic designs, whenever I have the chance that is, and my main recurring creature design is a Dragon deity called Dragora.

Either way, who I am tends to vary quite a lot, it just depends on perspectives I suppose, as I can be called a mix of a little bit of everything, but personally I'm just the person I am and ain't nobody going to be changing that.

Wow! I've been here for a couple months now, and completely missed this thread until it finally popped up in new content. Waves welcome to the newest forum peeps. I see a number of Yaoi fans giving shouts. Hip Hip Hoozah to you all. Reading or writing about really hot men getting nasty with other sexy men truly is one of life's greatest pastimes.

Suppose I should give a quick rundown on myself to stay on topic. I am Kurahieiritr. I am moving all of my fan fiction to AFF.net from FFnet because I got tired of inappropriate behaviors from the underage sector that haunts FF.net. I have the same screen name on both sites.

I got hooked on anime thanks to the multitude of teenagers hanging around my home daily over many years. With all the kids entering the real world of late, I have extra time on my hands to focus on writing. During an average week I will write, revise, and post 3 chapters to one of the two ongoing stories I have posted at AFF.net.

I have actual educational training and workforce experience in the Print Media/Publishing industry. (Psychology/sociology was my college minor to diversify in the work force) I was an editor/writer for a decade before a catastrophic stroke put me temporarily out of business. After recovering my wits and bodily functions, I went right back into writing as therapeutic rehab. I am focusing on anime fandoms for retraining myself in the necessary techniques.

I leave toned down concrit reviews at the end of any story I read in hopes of helping other writers who say they wish to improve their own work. I know that few writers can handle a full blown editor's line by line breakdown, so I stay out of trouble by keeping my reviews limited to a "please use grammar/spell check features" type comments in the majority of cases. I am always happy when I come across other writers who have a thicker skin which allows me to swap beta services.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.