Click Here!

Legalize Marijuana Poll

Shinju

Do you think marijuana should be legal?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think marijuana should be legal?

• I haven't tried it and think it should be illegal
    • I haven't tried it and think it should be legal only for medicinal use
    • I haven't tried it and think it should be legal
    • I have tried it and think it should be illegal
    • I have tried it and think it should be legal only for medicinal use
    • I have tried it and think it should be legal
    • I prefer not to say and think it should be illegal
    • I prefer not to say and think it should be legal only for medicinal
    • I prefer not to say and think it should be legal

Probably.

This question is silly to me because I'm living in the Netherlands. It is legal here; certified suppliers and a controlled limit. The answer to legalizing it or not in other countries simply relies on, and might even be largely dependent on, the culture of the country wishing to look into that.

Not all cultures would react positively to legalizing a soft drug.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried it and believe it should be legal. People more eloquent than I have written volumes about why, but pretty much, I believe the government has no business telling people what they are or not allowed to do to themselves or other consenting adults.

I used to smoke heavily and still do on occasion. This very website becomes a lot more enjoyable when high. The stories take on another layer of palpability that makes it really easy to be immersed into them.

I will not say whether I use it. But I will say I support legalizing it 110%!

I have an incurable autoimmune disease and each day can be tormenting pain that even morphine cannot touch. While they DO make a pill called "Marinol" (here in the US) it is only really prescribed for Hospice paitents or those who are in end stage Cancer. (Mainly for people who cannot eat).

I can EAT just fine, it is the unrelenting pain I have problems with. So yes...I support legalizing it completely. In fact you have some "herbal substances" out there that are not regulated at all, that can cause alot more problems than marijuana.

(Valerian, St. John's Wort and especially Echinachea!) in fact for someone like me, taking Echinacea (found in many herbal cold remedies or immune system strengthening) would put me in the hospital with a major flare.

As someone else mentioned, by legalizing it it could be taxed and the consumer would know they were getting a 'clean' product and what the content was. (how much standardized THC, etc).

JMHO

Also, to the original Poll maker.

Smoking it is not the only way. It can be made into butter which can be cooked with (brownies, etc) and actually has a much better and more consistant delivery within the body for pain relief and duration. I don't smoke, but smoking is not the only way to ingest marijuana. Google some recipies out there (Type: Marijuana recipies)

Back when I was a teenager "smoking it" never did anything for me anyway. But if I ingested it by eating it through brownies or something else it had a much different affect.