Click Here!

I'm a beta! And I'm looking for work.

sunnylewis

I wish to apply as an official beta.

Okay, since we got that out of the way, I have been writing some where around 13 years and betaing around 6 of those years. Unfortunatly, the work that I've betaed is not available to the general public or has been taken down. Sorry. sad.gif

If anything, I would suggest going to my two more popular stories A Different Life or Xanders Many Faces which is unbetaed and being rewritten, and look over the style and editing. I will contact the writers I've betaed for and see if I can get the links from them. Other wise, I'm sorry.

When I beta, I cover all aspects. I'm a twit about grammer and spelling and when it comes to the way a story is written, I will throw a fit if someone doesnt [/b]try[/b] to write. I don't mind if I have to rewrite a line every so often, but I draw the line at having to rewrite more than one paragraph. It just shows me you're not trying. I do cut those who have english as a second language some slack, but not a lot. I try to work with the author about these concerns. I also dislike short chapters. One or two paragraphs do not constitute as a paragraph and I refuse to believe that people can not write at the very least 3 pages per chapter. I can help with that, but if they don't try to work with me, it gets fustrating. I will try my best, until a certain point, then I'll just tell them to get a new beta.

I REFUSE to edit or read rape or graphic torture. I can stand torture in passing or looking back over it, but get graphic and it makes me run away screaming. I also refuse to contiplate the following pairings: father/son, mother/son, father/daughter, mother/daughter, son/daughter, uncle/niece, aunt/niece, uncle/nephew, aunt/nephew or any combinations of these. I'm sorry, they make me shudder.

I am not very good at writing sexual scenes, but I can suggest how they should go, should it come down to it. I'm working on it.

Due to the fact that I sometimes need to discuss something about the story, I try to get to know the author and usually, I end up becoming wonderful friends with them. I also act as a sounding board for the author.

I am usually able to get the chapter or story back to the author around 24 to 84 hours after getting it. It all depends on when I check my e-mail, then length, the edits, and the contents. Should it take longer or seem like its going to take longer, I will tell the author if it will.

I usually do yaoi, but I am able to do yuri and het, as long as the pairing doesn't make me want to lose my sanity. smile.gif

Now, I can edit just about anything, but I specialize in the following ones:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Harry Potter, Bleach, Inuyasha, Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, Gundam Wing, Dragon Ball Z, Gull Metal Alchemist, CSI (any of them, and I'm still learning the time line and all the characters), NCSI (same here), Gravitation (again, still learning somethings), Cowboy Bebop, Sailor Moon, Gensomden Saiyuki/Saiyuki (same here, learning things), Ouran High Host Club, Lupin the Third, Hellsing (learning), s-CRY-ed/Scryed, Samurai Champloo, Tokyo Mew Mew (learning), Trigun and Trinity Blood.

If you want me to beta something I don't know about, give me a day or so to go and research it before expecting the chapter back. I am willing to do some major research for a story so the author can have the best possible story for their readers. I also try to make sure that any termology is correct, and if need be will ask for a extension so that I can reasearch it.

Hope I can help someone.

Oh, and if you contacted me once, can you contact me again. I accidently deleted your message. Sorry. unsure.gif

Edited by Faery Delight

• 1 month later...

In the InuYasha world...

Which pairings do you disagree with and what characters do you usually stray away from?

• 3 months later...
Guest enslavementthesis

You said that You BETA Bleach - how familiar are you with the series?

If you are interested, she has written a few het and yaoi fictions which definitely need a look at in terms of characterisation and some very minor plot issues.

You said you work as a good springboard for your author's to throw ideas off, and you prefer to get to know the author first. That is something that she also looks for, and is interested as having You as a BETA, if you would like to.

If you are interested in having a chat at all, could you please send a PM or an email or something along those lines?

Thankyou very much, Enslavement Thesis

I am so sorry for not looking in here more often, but things have been a bit hectic lately in RL and it's be dragging me away from here. I am here to says, if you are looking for a beta for slash/yaoi stories, I can take a gander at it and see if I can full fill the duties to it.

I'm sorry to all those who write het, but I can't seem to stand it in mass amounts any more. If you want to contact me, and can't do it via here very well, please, feel free to write to my e-mail sweetstuff23@gmail.com with the subject "Beta Reader VIA AFF.net" and I will get back to you in a few hours to a day.

Again, I'm willing to help but I'm going to be a bit picky about this, alright?

I'm looking for a beta for a Yu Yu Hakusho fic (KuramaX Yusuke). I'm desperatly searching for one that is open to Mpreg. I'm rewriting my first few chaps, and need some editing on a few upcoming, but that won't be for a couple weeks. Email me at dawnielleshark@hotmail.com.

I would really appreciate your help if you are willing.

Thankyou.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.