Click Here!

Recent Site Outage: An apology and explanation

ApolloImperium

Guest SladinForever

--Didn't feel like logging in--

I guess ignorance is bliss because I haven't tried coming to the site in the last few days--haven't needed to since I haven't been updating anything--so didn't even know anything was wrong! Well I'm glad you had an alternative and managed to fix everything so quickly

I even offered to send DG a wig for her baldness. Lol. Glad it wasn't needed.

Wow, redefining colossal pains in the ass for the 21st century we have the Domain Name Service!

Thank you for all of your effort in getting the site active again. It takes a really dedicated personality - I'd've just stuck up a notice like "Site down. Gone fishin'" and left it a while. Thanks again!

So glad the site is back up. I havent' been very active lately but when I saw all the tweets/Facebook statuses I kinda freaked. This is such a great community, I don't know what I'd do without it. Thank you so much for keeping us all in the loop while you were getting everything sorted. Aff.net staff were amazing, as always. :)

I'm just going to re-iterate much of what others have already said, but thank you for working so hard to get the problem fixed and for keeping us in the loop. This site really does have the feeling of a big family, which is so difficult to find on the interwebs these days---well maybe you could find a site that feels like the family you want to avoid all year until you have to stay in a room with them for the holidays or something at which point you drink heavily. heheh. This is NOT that sort of family. This is the family other families are jealous of!! <3 to the team!!

So will the site be the same as before? What I mean, is that you mentioned starting a business out of this rather than a hobby with the mention of a lawyer...so will anything change out of this notice later on or will the the site remain the same as before this notice?

It will all stay the same - When I refer to incorporating the site, it is purely for the legal protection it will provide. Would I love to make a living off AFF? Of course! Who wouldn't? But is it likely? Not really. The site doesn't generate enough income for that and I don't see it doing so without major shifts in advertising that I would never take :)

When I first started seeing the stuff wrong with the site i was really freaked out, I love this place so much i was crushed at the thought that i might noe be able to visit anymore. But now things are working just fine for me and i couldn't be any more happy about it

This is exactly what I wanted to say, I am _so_grateful the site is back online! Thank you guys very much for all your hard work!! Not only for this, but in general!!! I love this site to bits!