Click Here!

I cant add a story

LupeWolf

This is my first for posting on AFF. I fill in all the add story things, then click next. I choose which file I want as my first chapter, then the only button there is is Preview Story. When I click preview story, it says I must first choose a chapter, which I'm trying to put up but it wont let me. Im not able to add an actual story because I cant seem to add a first chapter. Anyone know how to help me out?

PS: if this isnt the right forum for this topic, please tell me where to put it then.

Edited by LupeWolf

I think I know what's causing your problem: The file you submit must be a .html/.htm or .txt file-- no .doc or .pdf or other files types are accepted. If you're using Microsoft Word, use the 'export as HTML' option to generate a HTML version of your story. The file also actually has to have a .htm/.html/.txt extension, too.

If that doesn't solve your problem, post the subdomain (Harry Potter, Videogames, Anime, TV, etc) you're trying to post to, along with the first few paragraphs of your story so I can take a closer look at what might be causing this.

I think I know what's causing your problem: The file you submit must be a .html/.htm or .txt file-- no .doc or .pdf or other files types are accepted. If you're using Microsoft Word, use the 'export as HTML' option to generate a HTML version of your story. The file also actually has to have a .htm/.html/.txt extension, too.

If that doesn't solve your problem, post the subdomain (Harry Potter, Videogames, Anime, TV, etc) you're trying to post to, along with the first few paragraphs of your story so I can take a closer look at what might be causing this.

I made it html, but it didnt seem to make the "add story" button appear after Ive filled everything in.

What Im trying to post is a Danny Phantom fanfic.

Heres the first few paragraphs.

“Geeze, how long is this guy gonna keep chasing me?” a mexican looking ghost said, hiding behind a wall in the Ghost Zone. She had long black hair, purple eyes, purple eyeshadow and lipstick, and a low cut longsleeved shirt that cut off above her bellybutton which had a wolf pawprint birthmark. She also wore white gloves and long purple pants with dark puple shoes.

A sudden blast was heard near her location.

“Crud.” she said as she flew away from the site, going intangible.

“You can’t escape me ghost child!” Skulker proclaimed, searching for her.

Please give up. This has gone on long enough! She thought to herself, but was soon happy to see as she came up to a portal pop up near by her. It was strange because the portal kept opening and closing. Better do this fast! She thought as she went tangible.

Skulker saw her going for the portal and went right after her. Before she went into the portal, she looked back and stuck her tongue out at him.

“Grrr. Defiant welp!” He yelled in rage. Before he could make it, the portal closed again, but didn’t open back up. He looked around and raged about how he would capture her no matter what.

I hope this is what you meant.

Keep checking into the problem.

Meanwhile, use the text field. Type the chapter's content directly into the field, and make sure you include the HTML tags.

At least you're guaranteed that the chapter will be submitted successfully.

Im not able to even use the text field because the "add story" button still doesnt appear after Ive filled everything out.

I've just run tests via text field, txt upload and html upload and it worked just fine for me.

After you load the chapter's content, you click Preview. On the next page, click Publish. Voilà! Your story has now been uploaded to the archives.

This is fairly new to me. The FAQ here reflects the old format of the control panel and needs to be updated. I wish I could apologize on their behalf, but I am not a member of the site staff.

I've just run tests via text field, txt upload and html upload and it worked just fine for me.

After you load the chapter's content, you click Preview. On the next page, click Publish. Voilà! Your story has now been uploaded to the archives.

This is fairly new to me. The FAQ here reflects the old format of the control panel and needs to be updated. I wish I could apologize on their behalf, but I am not a member of the site staff.

Thank you so much, its working now!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.