Click Here!

Plausible Scenario for a romantic fic?

Kakashifan727

I really don't know much about getting drunk, so I figuredI 'd just ask here as I'm planning to use it as a plot device.

char A, who is one of those cool, collected, lone wolf types, is slightly drunk at the local bar. I'm not sure how much; but bad enough that (if it's plausible) his vision is blurry, he gets horny or his repressed sexual urges comes out, and doesn't really care who they sleep with. He picks up a chick at the bar, sleeps with her, sex and they both kinda forget about it and go on their with lives. Something happens that introduces that same char again, they both nuetral for each other, or at least embarresed shy maybe because of what they did. then someow it turns into somethin special blah blah, they evetually love each toer after like twenty chapters I dunno.

Would this even make sense? It's more for my enjoyment than anyone else's but I figured I'd at least get my fact straight before writing it. Go ahead anad add anything if you can think of it, bash my ideas,whatever.

Edited by Kakashifan727

It is plausible, but at the same time missing a hell of a lot.

Getting drunk has quite a varied effect on a person, and will obviously differ. I'm going on what I know of getting drunk, which is the slightly fuzzy vision, usually after a good 4 units of alcohol, or 4 spirits with UK measurements.

There is also the unfortunate side effect of lack of sex drive, which I've usually found affects men more than women. However - the mind blank from the night before can happen with the right amount of alcohol, but that corresponds with the whole getting it up issue pointed out earlier - which could happen way over the daily limit of alcohol consumption (3-4 units for men, 2-3 units for women).

As for forgetting about someone you've slept with, unless they were shockingly bad, or the character was just on the fine line of being able to get it up but not finishing what they started, or the 2nd character left before the 1st person woke up, it can be hard to forget unless you really wanted to. yes, faces fade, as do names (if one was ever given in the first place) but the memories don't.

All in all, its an okay plot idea, but to stretch it out to over 20 chapters without a lot of work might prove too - not difficult - but a bit if a pain in the butt

I was just thinking it would at least be a oneshot, maybe twoshot. The main reason I wanted to go with the fuzzy vision is because I had an idea about a char whose face was scarred/disfigured but with the fuzzy vision said MC couldn't tell. Not that the MC would be prude or anything like that, but it's a sensitive issue; basically kthe moral I want to get at is "appearances don't matter" or something. I dunno, I'll think of osmething. At least I know a bit more though, thanks.

Edited by Kakashifan727

A one or two shot should be okay for something like this.

Fuzzy sight is very possible, depending on the strength of the alcohol in the drink (though, its also a good idea to have a short-sighted character go out without glasses and have a few strong drinks).

The whole "appearances doesn't matter" is a good one too

The glasses is a good idea cause as Kera said, it's highly unlikely that the amount of alcohol needed to blur vision would allow appropriate functioning of most men.

You could also flip the genders and have the woman be the one with blurry vision as it's a tad easier for women to get into it while drunk than men. I know when I get drunk, unless I'm pass out drunk, I have no issue with wanting sex or my body responding correctly, but I do need to keep an eye on my guy when we are drinking if I want sex... Too much and he's useless!

Yeah- forget your glasses, lose your contacts, that kind of thing. I have to be fall-on-my-face plastered to be in a state where I wouldn't notice a scarred face, "slightly drunk" is not even going to come close. In terms of black-outs, that heavily depends on the person- one of my friends won't remember anything after a couple of beers; I can spend half the night puking and I'll still remember every bit of it (unfortunately). But I think you were going for a "both move on with their lives" thing rather than literally not remembering, no?

If you don't have that much experience with alcohol I'd say have them have a glass or three of wine (or beer) to feel cheerful and adventurous, and go with the lost glasses plot- you don't want to end up having them only tipsy after three bottles of vodka, or black-out drunk after a glass of wine. This sort of stuff shows.

More than anything I'd recommend using spellcheck.