Click Here!

Question for my project

DemonGoddess

Got to thinking about it, LotR and its universe is unique. There are so many different ways to categorize the whole thing.

What I was thinking is of course maintaining where it shows Books and Movies, but in the books section, have a few ways of going about it.

For example, could set it up by AGE for books, or by book/book series.

Age setup would look something like this

pre-trees/trees

First Age

Second Age

Third Age

Fourth Age and later

Book setup would be something like this

Silmarillion

History of Middle Earth series

The Hobbit

Lord of the Rings Trilogy

In other words, stories that belong to those specific times/ages or book series would go under those subcats as they are constructed. Bear in mind this is for in the future, you won't be seeing this for a while.

Guest orleans

This setup looks really nice. If you actually create it like that, then there will be much more order. And it would be easier to find stories too.

What about stories that are completely AU and don't fit into either section? I have read some where the characters are for example taken from Middle-Earth into the Modern World.... will there be an extra section for such stories as well?

yes.gif As I said in my post in you LJ, you *are* a genius.

Hugs,

orleans

Sorry, there is no real reason to add this smiley, but it's so cute yahoo.gif

like I said, not a genius, just a geek wink.gif

those would be primary, with the other standard subcategories, followed by pairings categories. so, there would be an AU section for each primary category. There are also multi age stories (which would also span the books), so I'm thinking there should be something to allow for that as well ANYWAY.

Something I've noticed looking through the LotR book section here, is that there are fics that actually belong in the movie section. As we all know, there was a great deal of deviation from book to movie. Combination of characters, elimination of character, twisting of and addition of events (like the Battle of Helm's Deep, no elves in that battle but for Legolas), skipping of entire segments (Tom Bombadil and the Barrowwights come to mind there).

I ramble though...it'll be nice to be able to eventually have all that sorted out where it actually belongs as well.

Age setup would look something like this

pre-trees/trees

First Age

Second Age

Third Age

Fourth Age and later

I like this. yes.gif

those would be primary, with the other standard subcategories, followed by pairings categories.

And I like this even better! hug.gif

But I'm also sure that whatever you decide is going to be great.I'm also glad that someone is showing some interest in LoTR section.

hug.gif for you

• 2 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.