Click Here!

A suggestion for sorting

Guest Good Idea

Guest Good Idea

You should try to make it so you can sort out the M/M stuff better from the threesomethings/ Or make a clear harem section in each area so that you can pick if it is male or female related as well under this And in some story area's it would better allow for the story to be sorted in a way that is good.

Maybe even a proper Lemon or Lime section since not all stories are lemon or lime, and this could then fall under if it is harem or better yet, you could just make it if its HETRO Harem and so on. But in the end. The altering of the site management would have to be done so that you don't piss off the PC police and they are everywhere. Lurking among you and us.

Casual Reader.

Guest Original Poster for topic

It will be nice just to see a difference in how its handled so its easier to search through the over all story data base, even the searches seem to omit a lot of things which makes it that much harder to search the over all story database. In story style or type at times, and being bogged down with M/M or slash fics have always kept me in many ways from this site and one of the reasons I hate Fanfiction.com as well, and the fact they have been deleting a lot of stuff lately so its left me with an over all sour taste in my mouth well looking for the right place to read the fics I like to read.

When I have the ability to create infinite categories, I can do more WITH the categories. As I don't have that ability yet, (it's not yet been written for me), you would still have to do a tag search with the search engine, allowing for more than M/M/M in threesome. As the current search engine (it's also not yet upgraded) is limited to 4 or more characters in the search string, if you search the summary (where the tags live) for M/M/F, M/F/F and etc, you'll find the threesomes that are not all slash.

Guest Response

I had been refering to the fact for some reason the site does not search all of them, because often stories are missing tag catagories which is mostly one of the reasons you guys are so forced to push the use of proper tags so people can find what they are looking for. But that was also part of it, in truth I think it would be nice if you added an option for users to add a tag and have it checked should the story not have it. In case a writer forgets it or does not include it if you could work that into the over all thing. It might be one more thing to moderate but it is would in fact increase success rates when searching things. But I had being pointing out the fact of subcatagories and story location, I can't help but wonder why a story is only placed in one area when it can in fact fall under many which also affects how hard it might be to find what we wish to read at times.

The current search engine will only display the first 200 results it finds. This is why we've already had the sphinx engine added to the server, so that when the function is written USING the sphinx engine, we can get up to 2000 results without doing much of anything in the way of working enhancements in to how it works for the site.

If you find a story does not have a necessary tag, we do encourage you to let us know, and the moderating staff will check. I may be misunderstanding you, but we certainly would never consider allowing anyone other than the author or our tech admin to edit tags on a story.

The reason we ask authors to use the appropriate tags in not so much for the search function. We understand that readers may find some subject matter not to their liking, and we do not wish any reader to be distressed by coming across something they did not expect to find or want to read. In many cases, the tags are too short to serve as a search word, since searches must contain words of 4 letters or more.

Adding to what Bronx said:

The older stories may not have tags, or the proper tags, as many of the tags we have now didn't exist at the time the story was posted. Those stories fall under cleanup, and when we get to that section for sort, one of the things I always try to do for DG is to make note of tags needed on the story. However, cleanup of the archive is a slow process given the massive amount of data housed there :)

This is much akin to searching for "completed" stories on FFN by using the function they have for it. If the stories were posted prior to that going into place, they won't be returned in the results.

Guest Cheers then a Reponse

I have to say I like that you guys are at least as dedicated to understanding and knowing what people want that your not just writing it off like other sites have done time and time again. I guess I look forward to the progress then.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.