Click Here!

Look out world!

Solaris

For I am now a legal driver!

On Monday August 13, 2012, I went in on a spur of the moment decision and took my driver's test and about an hour later, I was walking back to the office with the biggest grin on my face, as I had passed the driving test with a 79. The lowest amount you can get is 70 before you fail the test and have to take it another day. I had problems with one thing only parrell parking, I did get the vehicle half in but I didn't get it all the way in, but she did give me credit for trying.

But I am now a legal driver. My vehicle that I drove is this little beauty that I named CJ.

post-8-0-84835800-1345177627_thumb.jpg

It's a 2002 gray Rav4.

Beth

Congrats! Just ignore the parallel parking spots and we're all good. :shifty:

Just pullin' ya leg a little bit. :angel:

Willow, just go in and give it your best try, that's what I did and look at me now, I'm a legal driver. I did it in a car I have only drove in my pasture for a week before I took it out on the road and did my test in it and I passed it.

Sadly, Beth, up here we are legally required to take at least 17 hours of driving lessons with a teacher, and 25 hours of academic lessons, at a driving school, before we can attempt to take the test. We can also get a learner's permit, where we can drive with a family member over the age of 25 and has had a license for (I think) 10 years, but even if we chose that option, the hours we need to put in are not reduced. And you can only get a learner's permit after you've finished the first half of the driving school, (12 academic hours) and 10 hours of driving lessons with a teacher.

This whole package is now about 100 000 ISK, which is about $860 USD. So, yeah... it's easier said than done.

Either way, I'm still pretty good with my bus pass, and my hubby to drive me around. I don't go out alone that much, so I'm in no real hurry. I might try it when we have kids, and I get tired of taking them on the bus :D

But congratulations again, and enjoy the freedom :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well done.

me and my four failed prac tests are ever so jealous.

Wow, you managed to just walked into a centre and take a test there and then? That would never happen here. Also they wouldn't let you pass if you blew your maneovre but still!

Congrats, and drive safe.