Click Here!

Sherlock (BBC) Beta Request

izzygone

Hi everyone! I'm here because I'm in need of a beta (obviously). I've never had a beta before but I've taken on a project that seems to be getting away from me. I'll happily trade for beta-ing, if anyone needs it. I have an English degree, so I'm pretty confident I'd be a top notch beta. Please note that I'm not into too many fandoms, I know nothing about anime or Glee or CSI, I'd still be happy to try to help though.

So right, onward, here's a little information about what I want/what I'm doing:

What am I looking for in a beta? I need someone to watch my back, tell me if I go too far or not far enough. I need someone to double check my grammer and make sure my antecedents match up and aren't confusing. Oh yeah, and watch for my notorious tense changes and misplacement of modifiers. I'd love someone who is fairly well acquainted with BDSM-type relationships (of the non-Shades of Grey variety) to help me make my descriptions a little more realistic.

What am I writing about? I'm currently writing two fics, both Sherlock (BBC), both are Johnlock. The first (currently WIP and published on AFF) is Quarantine. It's lots of UST, with John and Sherlock trapped on separate sides in a quarantine facility. That one is coming along moderately well and though I'd appreciate feedback, it does not necessarily require a beta.

The second (WIP but not published) has a working title of "The Gift" and is my first attempt at rape/non-consent. It's graphic, somewhat bloody and contains violence and violent sexual acts. I need a lot of help with this one.

Any Warnings? Like I mentioned, the story I need a beta for is rape/non-consent. It (obviously) contains graphic depictions of men having sex. It involves toys, some bondage, some violence, some blood. If you're not into that, you're probably not the ideal beta candidate. If you are interested in beta-ing Quarantine, I'll still be happy for the help.

If you're interested in helping me out, please contact me here via private message or at thesecretvegan(@)gmail.com, without the (). Thanks!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.