Click Here!

Beta(s) Requested, Willing to Trade

littlelost

Hello! I'm currently writing a long epic Bleach slash fanfiction, some of which is already posted under the same name I use here on the boards. I'm a slow updater, so this story may take a very long time to get finished (probably years), although I hope that having someone or several people to beta for me will inspire me a bit more. As a graduate with an English major, I can spot almost any problem in other people's writing, but I've been sort of shocked that this doesn't exactly translate over into my own writing. I definitely want to be a good writer, and I'd like to work with someone who doesn't just want to tell me what's wrong and exactly how I should change things, but can give me constructive feedback that matches what I'm trying to achieve with this story.

I understand that this seems like a pretty heavy time investment; if you aren't sure you'll be with me to the bitter end, please apply anyway. I'd rather have some help for a brief period than no help at all. Also, it seems that there is an abundance of people who want betas, but a lack of people who are betas, so if anyone feels that they would be a decent/good beta and needs their story reviewed, I would be more than willing to trade off with one or several people.

I am very open to having more than one beta, partially because I like to have as much input as possible, but also because I have different categories of what I want accomplished. A potential beta can provide all or only one type of editing help, depending on what they feel confident about. None of these options require you to be a Bleach fan already, though it can't hurt.

TYPES OF HELP I NEED

1) I need someone to read over what's written and catch any spelling or glaring grammatical errors I've missed. I'm not always great about catching those within my own writing.

2) I need someone who can pinpoint and explain common stylistic errors that I'm prone to, and maybe go the extra mile and suggest some alternatives.

3) Lastly, I need a second set of eyes on my overall plot/character development. My story is long and has a lot of aspects, so I need someone giving me an outsider's perspective. I don't need a beta who is concerned with keeping the characters "in-character," but rather with making sure that the characters I'm writing are consistent within the story from one chapter to another.

Again, if you only fulfill one of the above, I'd still be more than happy to hear from you. I'd like to vet you before we decide to work together, so if you have already written something I'd love to read it to see if we're compatible, especially for requirement #2. For #1, I can probably tell if you're a good fit from your reply, provided it's more than two sentences. #3 is more difficult, because it can sometimes be in the eye of the beholder. If you don't have stories written already, a brief breakdown of where you think your favorite popular work of fiction went wrong/could've been better, and what it did right would be cool to read and might shed some light on your talents.

WARNINGS:

The story is equal parts romance and plot, but there has been and will be graphic depictions of sex. There will most likely be elements of dubcon or noncon in the story, though dubcon is more likely. Every incidence of these will most likely help with character-explication or plot-development, and I don't intend to write it to too much of an uncomfortable level, but if you are uncomfortable with those elements, it's probably best to avoid this story. There will also be torture/references to torture, although not mixed with sexual elements. Also, at later points in the story there will probably (though I can't say yet for certain) be references to kinkier types of sex: BDSM, humiliation, role playing, D/s. I'd like to think that makes it all sound more hardcore than I intend it to come across, as this is more plot than smut, but if anyone is disturbed by more-than-vanilla sex, this is probably not the beta material for you.

Also, there will be heavy elements of "swinging" in this story, meaning that there will be times where one character may be in a romantic or sexual relationship with more than one person (and sometimes this will translate into threesomes/moresomes). For some, that's a minor issue, and for some that's a dealbreaker, so it's an important element to consider. There will be references to het or yuri/femslash pairings, but these will be minor characters/sidenotes, and probably not transcend into graphic depictions.

You can reply here, or you can email me: BlackPearls85, at hotmail.

Thanks so much! Look forward to hearing from you! =D

Also, if you email me, please reference what this is in regards to in the subject line. Thank you!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.