Click Here!

Plagiarism

Guest Nik

Guest southernbangel

Clearly the three stories referenced in the first post are plagiarized, but I'm fairly sure the fourth story mentioned in QueenJen's Hall of Shame post ("Treacherous Unions") was/is written by QueenJen (aka Jen M.). I've been active in the Buffy/Angel fandom for years, and have followed QueenJen posting Treacherous Union for years on Ducks' Fanfic Board (where she was/is known by Jen M.), as well as updates in the BA Fluff Yahoo Group. QueenJen has used the email address kinkystuff99@yahoo.com (the email address associated with Treacherous Unions posted on Ducks' Fanfic Board) for years.

Now, like I said, the other three stories (For You, Kismet or Happenstance, and The Unexpected Encounter) are clearly plagiarized. However, I believe Treacherous Unions is her own story. This obviously does not excuse her plagiarism of the other stories, but I don't think she should be blamed for the story she did not plagiarize.

I have no dog in this fight, just thought I'd toss in my two cents.

Guest Guest

Hi, I was just wondering why this author is not banned from the site and why you can still access her author page even though stories are removed? I know of other authors who have been banned from site for plagarism so why is this one different? No harm intended, just curiousity.

The author is banned. The admins have taken over her profile. What is on it is the doing of the staff, not the author. That's something we do when we Hall of Shame someone

Guest AugustB

Hello,

I am one of the authors that QueenJen/Jen M/ Kinystuff99 plagarized. A big thank you goes out to Guest_Nik for reporting the issue. A big thank you goes to the moderators of this board who took clear and decisive action to remove the stories from this site and inform readers.

Disheartened.

It's partly how I felt when I read Kinkystuff99 boasting how she'd written Kismet or Happenstance, had it all completed and asked readers for feeback as she posted my work on the BA Fluff Yahoo Group. Some readers on that site might still be unaware of what transpired.

But I'm grateful. Grateful to see the proof above that people are fair and honest. That they'll stand up for a stranger, even for one who's on the other side of the computer, someone easily ignored. That they'll take the time to reach out and send a warning about some funky business going on because there are times when ignorance isn't bliss. Because you all did that for me, I can go to bed tonight--this morning--feeling better about the situation than I did last night. I thank you for that.

August

We rely heavily on strangers out there, reading the stories, remembering other stories they've read, and getting suspicious enough about similarities to report it to us. We've caught a lot of plagiarists because of people like that. We're well aware that other sites don't seem to care all that much about plagiarists, but most of us are writers ourselves, and we know how we'd feel if our stories got plagiarised, so the least we can do is to ban them and publicly humiliate them. And we'll keep that up, as long as people keep bringing these things to our attention.

I'm glad your situation got sorted. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.