Click Here!

Story Thoughts In My Head

MissCourtneyC

I love Harry Potter. My favorite pairing is Snape/Hermione. If you decide you like one of the topics below that I've come up with, you are more than welcome to change the pairing. But I would still like to read it, so when you began I hope you will also reply with either the link to the story or what the stories name is so I can easily look it up. Enjoy!

Topic 1:

So most of the time I come up with ideas for a story with quotes that just pop up in my head. The only "requirement" to taking my challenge is to have the quote somewhere in the story. Of course, since I have such a love of reading Snape/Hermione I'm obviously picturing them in my head for said quote, but like I said you may change the pairing if you really REALLY want to...

Poppy just tells Hermione that she is pregnant:

"I realize it may not be my business, but I thought you and Ron had parted ways, my dear." "We did." "Oh! So you've gotten back together then?" "No. Actually I left him for another man months ago." "Oh. I just hadn't really seen you with anyone." "We're private people." "I bet you can't wait to tell him! Congrats again!"

Topic 2:

Feel free to do any necessary editing on this that you feel is needed. After reading the quotes, I'm sure you can get the picture.

"Rumour has it that many years ago, Salazar and Ravenclaw were in love but no proof has ever been brought forward. There is an old story, that Rowena Ravenclaw had a secret daughter that no one new about. Her daughter later in life fell in love with Godric Gryffindor and they had a secret child. That child fell in love with Hufflepuff's grandchild (or child, writer's pick). And so through out the years heirs have been born. Now there is only the one heir. Severus, I have found proof of such an existence to a young girl whom would be a current student of Hogwarts. Your job is to find out who and bring her to me. She will need to be persuaded to join us and to be the mother of my heir. See to it."

"Your will, my lord."

"Go now."

"Albus. We have a problem."

"Did you find out who the Hogwarts heir is, Severus?"

"I did."

"And what have you discovered?"

"Hermione Granger."

"Oh my. Very well."

"Indeed. Headmaster? You do realize what would need to be done before the Dark Lord will even go near the girl."

"Severus?"

"She'll need to have had a child of her own with someone else. The Dark Lord will not touch her then. However, should her first born is a girl then he will mearly wait until that child is of age. Should her first born be a boy then he will arrange to have a daughter and join her with him. Either way he would not dare to think of harming Granger since she carries the blood of all four founders."

"Yes. You may be right. Thank you, Severus. Send for her."

Topic 3:

For the record this isn't my quote. It's something that Vivien Leigh said to a friend of hers the first time that she ever saw Leigh Holman & I thought it sounded wonderful!!! Again I see it as Snape/Hermione but I don't mind it being changed up a bit.

"What do you think of him? Isn't he handsome?"

"I think he looks the perfect Englishman. I'm going to marry him."

"He's almost engaged a girl already."

"That doesn't matter. He hasn't seen me yet..."

Topic 4:

I know the holiday season is way over (or not even close, depending on how you look at things) but I just thought of this one. A take on 12 days of Christmas.

Severus has never liked the holiday. No reason to. This year he has been mysteriously been getting presents.

*Here's the catch for the story. 12 days. 12 presents. 12 letters/notes/messages/etc. With the notes, he is given hints of the life of the giver. You can choose whether the giver asks questions of him, too, but he writes it on parchment provided by the giver that way it magically disappears when he is done. The last present is either A. given to him on Christmas Eve or B. given to him on New Year's Eve. Either way, he meets the giver that night and you decide how it ends. Either he laughs in his/her face (again I'm partial to Hermione and him actually living happily ever after but your choice) or they have a wild, passionate night making sweet hot monkey sex (or both).

Topic 5:

What if Voldemort had a daughter that was born only a few months before his disappearance that night in Godric's Hollow. With her mother no longer living, Dumbledore has her raised, along with Harry Potter, at the Dursley's.

*If you choose to have it as OC, last name on the Hogwart's roster is Riddle. If you choose for it to be a Harry Potter character than name stays the same. OR let's say you want it to be Hermione, you are more than welcome to have her last name be Riddle BUT the HP character needs to stay in cannon & throughout the years only Harry (finding out his 2nd year after leaving the Chamber of Secrets), or you could also have Dumbledore & Order of the Phoenix (including Severus Snape) know whom she really is but none of their friends (to make the plot more interesting).

Topic 6:

What happens in Vegas...The Order of the Phoenix travels to Las Vegas (or you could choose Monte Carlo and pretend like it has the same reputation as Vegas) to have a bit of fun on the anniversarry of Lord Voldemort's defeat...but whose this not so happy couple waking up with wedding rings on their fingers? How will they cope? Does what happens in Vegas really stay in Vegas?

Topic 7:

The Family Man. For the moment I'm (of course) going to just say Snape & Hermione: Snape is a business man of some sorts. He's about to make a huge deal. The only thing is the person he's about to make the deal with is big on families. What's Snape do? Convinces Hermione to pretend to be his pregnant wife until the deal is finalized.

That concludes my list of stories in my head...for now ;)

P.S. Feel free to combine any of the stories if you'd like

Edited by MissCourtneyC

Topic 8:

2 of our war heroes are getting sick of constantly being followed by the press. What are they to do when they want a little time to themselves when they want to go out for a night on the town and have fun (maybe even get drunk enough for a one night stand). Polyjuice potion of course! But what shall happen when they wake up the next person and see whom they really spent the night with?

Topic 9:

Having my iTunes on shuffle certainly is a helpful inspiration. At the moment I just thought of a song fic

Garth Brooks' 'Unanswered Prayers'

And of course, I am biased. I'd love to see this as ending in Snape/Hermione (or Ginny [i can't really see Severus Snape with anyone but Hermione or Ginny. Any other female else usually gives me the creeps]) with the hint of (obviously) Snape/Lilly since that was who he used to want.

Topic 10:

Marriage Law meets Time Turner: What if during the first war there had been a Marriage Law? That's actually how several marriages exist now. Molly and Arthur. James and Lilly. Lucius and Narcissa. The Longbottoms. Etc. Of course, because so many people protested the law what's You-Know-Who went missing it was repealed but alas several couples are already together. And in the wizarding world, wants you're married there is no divorce. Present time: What would happen if a young seventh year girl had an accident with her time turner and went back twenty-something years. How does she handle news about the Marriage Law? To whom does she get paired up with? What sort of consequences does she face when she goes back to her own time?

Edited by MissCourtneyC

• 1 month later...

Topic 11:

My latest idea I got the other day when I was watching Sound of Music. Severus Snape is a widower, with seven children (non-dunderheads please) whom is in need of (yet another) new governess. He calls upon a former colleague (either Albus Dumbledore or Minerva McGonagall) for a recommendation (since I don't see Hermione or any of the other characters ever even considering trying to become a nun). Optional: The "role" of Uncle Max goes to Lucius Malfoy.

• 5 months later...

Challenge 12:

Hermione is seeing somebody (writer's choice). She's given that person easy access to come and go from her home as he pleases. One day, she's in the shower and is startled when a man joins her. Thinking it is her lover, she plays along when he turns off the water and blindfolds her. Then leading her to the bedroom, tying her to the bed where he does so many things to her (whether you choose the one night or the whole weekend is up to you) that she's never had happened before. The only problem is waking up later and finding it to be someone else. What's a girl to do? I'd like for this "someone else" to either be Severus Snape (shocker there) or Lucius Malfoy.

Challenge 13:

Severus Snape, having to just manage to survive the final battle due to some quick thinking on his part, has decided that since being so near to
death life really is too short. He's decided that now more than ever he does not wish to be alone in life. But who would marry and have children
with the "greasy git of the dungeons"? Hermione Granger, just having had Ron leave her again for Lavender Brown, is tired of being alone in life. But who would marry and have children with the "know-it-all bookworm"?
What happens when the two cross paths at just the right moment? Why they decide to hook up of course! Amazing sex every night, a home with someone who belongs to no one but you and all the books and debates you can have. What more could they want?

Challenge 14:

I'm inspired by Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher's courtship now whom only met briefly and did not see each other for 3 months before having
their actual first date but talked all the time. Severus Snape loses a bet (because I can't see Severus Snape willingly joining a dating service)
and has to join a new dating service. This particular service has you fill out a ton of information about yourself to help with comparisons to
possible matches, then you contact by owls. The catch? Only talking via owl is allowed for the first three months to avoid one changing their
minds about the person by looks or blood status (which also means no real names are given out until the three month mark). *By
the way, house point are awarded if you have Lucius paired off with Ginny Weasley when accepting any of my challenges. However, if you
choose a story and choose Lucius with Hermione instead of Severus, than house point will be awarded if Severus is paired off with Ginny. I'm
also partial to the idea of Remus with Luna.*

Challenge 15:

I'm inspired by the movie Overboard now. Hermione loses her memory. Severus decides to take advantage of the situation. He tells the healers that she's his wife and gets everyone, including herself, to believe him. Why? To get a little payback of course! Writer has to come up with the why.

Challenge 16:

This kinda just came out of no where. Severus (or Lucius) and Hermione have a one night stand (cause they're both just horny). Severus
(or Lucius) goes to get the contraceptive potion that is supposed to be 100% no baby guarantee.
What happens? Turns out he was so aroused (or distracted) that he grabbed the wrong bottle. And BOOM! Baby time. I'd kinda like to see them both happy about this...

What If 1: What if Lily and James were separated and each of them had a location to hide at? OR What if James wasn't there that night, and only Lily died? How would Harry's upbringing be with one parent around to raise him?

What If 2: What if Ron never came back to help Harry and Hermione find the last horcruxex?

• 1 year later...

Topic 8:

2 of our war heroes are getting sick of constantly being followed by the press. What are they to do when they want a little time to themselves when they want to go out for a night on the town and have fun (maybe even get drunk enough for a one night stand). Polyjuice potion of course! But what shall happen when they wake up the next person and see whom they really spent the night with?

Topic 9:

Having my iTunes on shuffle certainly is a helpful inspiration. At the moment I just thought of a song fic

And of course, I am biased. I'd love to see this as ending in Snape/Hermione (or Ginny [i can't really see Severus Snape with anyone but Hermione or Ginny. Any other female else usually gives me the creeps]) with the hint of (obviously) Snape/Lilly since that was who he used to want.

Topic 10:

Marriage Law meets Time Turner: What if during the first war there had been a Marriage Law? That's actually how several marriages exist now. Molly and Arthur. James and Lilly. Lucius and Narcissa. The Longbottoms. Etc. Of course, because so many people protested the law what's You-Know-Who went missing it was repealed but alas several couples are already together. And in the wizarding world, wants you're married there is no divorce. Present time: What would happen if a young seventh year girl had an accident with her time turner and went back twenty-something years. How does she handle news about the Marriage Law? To whom does she get paired up with? What sort of consequences does she face when she goes back to her own time?

Topic 8:

Topic 9:

Topic 10:

I've complete a story for Topic 9. Would you prefer a forum post or published? I can send you some excerpts if you like.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.