Click Here!

Cannot Access Guideline Pages

hyperkurai

I'm brand new to the community, and am unfamiliar with the format for disclaimers and with the ratings. When I click on the help link on the submissions page, I don't even get a "404" page--I just get a blank white one! I've even tried refreshing, but to no avail.

I'm also unsure of the exact way to post one-shots that are plot connected, as I write them out of order, and although they're loosely connected they stand alone.

The guidelines/FAQ pages are actually being reworked at the moment. You should be seeing the ones pertinent to your questions posted here in the next day or two. Sorry they're not up as yet.

Ratings are more or less as follows:

Adult=PG13 type content

Adult+=R to anything up to "hard R" type content

Adult++=anything ABOVE a "hard R" type story for content, as in NC17 (if you go by movie ratings for comparison)

Disclaimers:

Fiction using other known characters/worlds (fanfiction)

In the disclaimer, one needs to state that they do not own the characters, nor do they make any profit from their story.

Original fiction

Original fiction one would expect to have an author's OWN characters, plots and worlds. Our system requires the disclaimer block to be filled before the story is displayed. So, for this, one would EXPECT to see an author saying that he/she owned the characters and content of the story.

Pretty much word your disclaimers however you want, following the above guidelines.

Posting your one shots:

Something I've observed over time is that you'll see authors who will post a series of one shots that are plot connected as one STORY. The author simply states in the description of the story that it's a series of one shots. So, depending on the plot of what you've developed, as far as how the one shots relate to each other, is how you'd pick the subcategory to upload to.

Hope that all helps. smile.gif

I think that would be entirely up to you, quite honestly. To do that, though, I believe that you would have to delete/re-add the chapters in the order you want them to appear in once you determine that afterwards. I'm not entirely sure, as I'm not an author so I've never really DONE anything in the archive other than to select an avatar and edit my profile.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.