Click Here!

Useful/Helpful Links

Ajwf

I just found this link this morning and thought it was fairly unique. A lot of time, when you run across a supporting character, you don't exactly know what to make them... This is a *Basic personality randomizer. Also, only deals with young adults for some reason... Don't ask me why.

http://selfpublishingteam.com/chargen/ya/

It does have some issues, as it is completely random. On one of my tries, I got a girl who was a 'jock' but also very humble. While it'd be interesting to try to put those two traits together, and maybe even possible, wasn't going to try.

Also, someone in the shoutbox showed us this one a couple of days back. I bookmarked it. It's an article with pixar writer Emma Coats on the "22 rules of Storytelling". I thought it was really cool.

This link is kinda a writer's block remover of sorts. It wasn't terribly detailed, but the vagueness is probably better when you're in the middle of your book.

http://shortstoryideas.herb.me.uk/twist.html

That's all I got.

This is always a good idea, so let me contribute a few of my favorite links.

I'll open with one that is a must for us all: Poison Pen's Guide for Amateur Writers of Erotica

Fiction Factor has some good articles in the dropdown menu.

I use Grammar Revolution for my kids as a punctuation guide, although it has other good guides.

These rules for using numbers in stories are handy.

And one of my all time favorite links, our very own Melrick's guide to world building. It's essential if you're creating your own 'verse, and I rely on it.

Random City generator

I like Melrick's chart, but need some place to start... Can't seem to find something better than this simple generator. Randomness is always a good starter... until it isn't. Just doesn't seem to be much for world creating out there.

One I got off Pooka - Chaotic Shiny - Very good for prompts and naming characters

And one Apollo posted in the shoutbox - Erotic Story Generator - Also a Yaoi one there too

and one for clothing - LookBook - I use it to see what my characters would look like in certain types of clothing

For Melrick's questions:

What does the general house layout in the world look like? (Or something similar)

Blueprint randomizer. Only one floor... But you could hit it twice ;)

Wanna make your own blueprint?

Just to help get an idea for what the housing types in these worlds will do.

• 2 months later...