Click Here!

Pairings that you want to see but can never find

frostbite02

You ever suddenly was watching something on tv, and you realize that a certain character can be paired with someone else in another movie or tv show? And then when you searching you just cannot find it?

Yeah that has been my situation for a couple of days now, I was watching The Chronicles of Riddick the other night and I sat there and went. "wouldn't it be interesting to see Riddick and Dante from Devil May Cry put in the same room? or better yet paired?"

Of course I couldn't find any...and in which caused me to get into this situation, because I want to read this pairing notwrite it. It's even worse when you do find it, and it's just not what you wanted at all.

• 2 weeks later...

It happens, some people just might not like that pairing. Maybe they haven't heard of one of the characters you want to see. There could be 1,000,000,000 different reasons why you don't see the exact pairing you want.

If anything request it! There might be a writer out there somewhere who WANTS to write it but they don't think anyone will read it.

Sometimes all it takes if a request smile.gif I know there are a couple pairings I would LOVE to see but don't feel like doing a request or searching so I usually don't care and move onto the next fandom! LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

This, sadly, happens to me everytime I watch anything new, and some old things. IT rather annoys my friends, as a movie will come on, or a show, and I'l start going 'Oh, he and he need to get jiggy with it' or 'they are so having sex behind the scenes.' It happened this week, when a friend made me watch/listen to Gorillaz, and last week watching Emperors New Grove.

Come one, you know its bad when your getting ideas for Disney or Pixar. blush.gif

Oh I get that alot. But I also understand WHY you don't see it much. Crossovers are rare because there's so much explaining to do.

Like if you're writing Inuyasha/Dragonball Z or something, people who read Inuyasha need to know about Dragonball Z. Same for DBZ fans. So you go through alot of explaining throughout the story... and if you don't do it right the story can get pretty boring.

And with crossovers... there are so many pairings that it would be really hard to find the specific one your looking for, not to mention the specific CHARACTERS for the one your looking for.

Infinite possibilities. But it's fun.

I myself never turn down a request for a crossover if I happen to know anything about the two anime/movies/etc. in question. Makes people happier.

hint: just because they don't meet in the series doesn't mean they can't hook up in a fanfic. C'mon, I would love to read more 6x2 and 13x2 in gundam wing. Yeah, they never meet, but they're hot together, and isn't that all that matters?

Yes! Exactly. Hells--we're fanfic authors! Make up something involving them meeting! People do it often enough with characters from different universes, so there's no roadblocks in making two characters who don't meet in the same series do so, unless you're writing in the exact timeline as the series, working your story in tightly with the original plot, altering little, and adding where there's free space. I've done both.

Speaking of Gundam Wing, more yuri pairings in general, especially DxR! (Dorothy/Relena) You would make DM a happy monster! (and everyone has set out in life to do that you know >_<)

The world of GW is ruled by a select set of yaoi fangirls in a great stronghold, unwilling to release their deathgrip on the series even as the earth beneath their fortress erodes away.. I know, I was one of those fangirls once!

I miss the golden age of Gundam Wing... *sigh*

But I have Ergo Proxy to comfort me! By the way--more Ergo Proxy pairings/fanfics! Anything is good.

I feel for ya....It happens all the time to me! XD it's like the couples we think of are impossible to find until like somebody had the guts enough to write a story based on that couple but you just can't wait!

Pepsi-chan AKA Allison

When it comes to the Pokemon world, I've had trouble looking for good Brock/May stories, if any. Which is why I've written several stories with the exact same pairing. I was thinking of going back to that pairing, but I have an Ash/Misty/May story I'd like to get done (plus an idea for Misty/Mrs. Ketchum I've been kicking around).

For me...I'd like to see some VincentxTseng (FF7).

I'm either not finding it or it's so painfully brief that all I do is long for more.

*sighs*

I'd write it myself but my Tseng muse would like me to think he has no place in his life for sexual desire or emotional attachment beyond the fleeting. Honestly I think he's exaggerating. I think he just would rather me not dig myself up to my elbows into his psyche.

Crossover pairings are tricky. There's no guarantee that the reader will be familiar with both worlds. Your best bet would be to pick two shows with a large intersection in the audience.

Sometimes, there are weird instances where the shows have little in common in terms of genre/intended audience, but there's a huge cross-section of fans in the fanfiction world because of a common fetish/creator/actor.

If we go for the common spin-off crossover, I'd have to say that I'd really like to see Anyanka (Buffy)/Illyria (Angel). Both are powerful and ancient female demons hailing from patriarchal societies. It would be extremely interesting to see the interaction between them. The main hurdle would be the fact that the two are never in existence at the same time. Illyria is lain dormant before Anya's born, and Anya dies before Illyria is resurrected.

I'd like to see an Angel/Joyce fic too. I think that they actually have quite a few things in common and would be great together provided that they start off on the right foot.

This has been done before, but it's extremely rare. I'd like to read more Harry/Tom fics - not Harry/Voldemort, but Harry/Tom. There's a significant difference. Pre-Voldemort Tom may actually have a chance to develop a healthy relationship with Harry.

Hmm... can't really think of any other rare pairings that I'd like to see right now. If I come up with any, I'll let you know.

ETA: I've thought of another one! Poison Ivy/plant. Any plant, whether it be petals or vines. I think I've only read one fic where she uses her plants to sexually gratify Robin and destroy him in the process. Otherwise, she never uses plants to sexually satisfy herself or as a sexual weapon on her enemies. And that just doesn't make sense to me.

YuriChampion brought up another pairing that I like. There are very few Reba/BJ fics out there. There's enough viable evidence to support the theory that Barbara Jean has a crush on Reba.

Edited by EveKnight75
I'll keep editing this to add more rare pairings which I like.

• 2 weeks later...

You know what I've been dying to see? A Peach/Samus pairing. Dont ask me why, the two women could not possibly be more different. It would end very, very badly. But damn, it could be a hell of a ride. FF.Net is chock full of Zelda/Samus stories, some of them are pretty good, but not a single Peach/Samus.

Here’s one that next to no one even cares about, but I'm dying to see: Reba/Barbara Jean from the now-canceled sitcom Reba. By the end of the series I swear they were headed that way anyhow, someone should really go ahead and seal the deal.

I also have yet to see a Samus/Metroid story that isn’t just Xeno-rape, but I'm in the process of fixing that little oversight.

• 3 weeks later...

I had that problem when I started writing erotica fic as opposed to genfic -- the pairing I like (see avatar) is strangely uncommon in my fandom, and in fact many people seem to hate it great hate.

Mainly, apparently, because both characters are over the age of consent, and we can't have THAT, now can we?!

But I digress.

My solution was to post my poor measly fic and to create a fansite and a Livejournal blog for it, with my "interests" part of my profiled flagged with every possible permutation of CharacternameXcharactername.

I ran into two other fans interested in the pairing, and we started writing stuff, and/or reading and reviewing, and boom. Critical mass achieved.

It's harder when you're a reader that doesn't want to write. But try googling. I found that out there on the web, eventually, you can find almost everything... even if it's tucked away in some hard-to-find spot.

EveKnight - I'm with you on Angel/Joyce and Ivy/Plant. Both those pairings seem workable, awesome, and I can't ever recall spotting them.

Also, Ivy/Swamp Thing... oh quit staring...

Okay, here's one that's really begun to bother me. Buffy-verse - Giles/Anya. FF.net has a fair amount, but I've yet to find a single one on AFF (when I have the time I'm determined to fix that) - and with the search function having been no help, I didn't feel like going through all 98 pages of fics when I'd already gone through nearly half and having found none >.<

• 2 months later...

Start issuing challenges. Back when people used webrings (and they worked) you could slog through link pages and ring site lists for days and find stuff. You could e-mail to the list of writers and put forth and idea of, say, my new fav paring Sumeragi Subaru (Tokyo Babylon) and Conrad (Kyou Kara Maoh). Or some Nick/Greg (CSI). Try requesting something on LJ or GJ or InsaneJournal or DeviantArt. Offer to host writers and fics on your site if they include such-and-such fandom and are willing to write a few specialty fics just for you.

Like I would want nothing more than to see Shinobu (Koko wa Greenwood) verses Kyouya (Ouran Host Club). No sex involved, just a clash to two titans. I can't write it because I don't know who would win. I don't know how they would fight or what they would fight over. Would Shinobu's psychotic sister get in the way and shoot someone? Would Kyouya's private army invade Greenwood? Would they just buy out each other's companies? Or would they icily glare at each other over a Go board? I don't even know who to ask this of because NO ONE knows Koko wa Greenwood, it's too old, never mind how much everyone hates a decent cross-over. Frankly, I've seen enough well-done cross-overs to love them as much as awesome OC's. But then the people that write those things never post to forum sites like ff.net or aff.net. They have their own homes.

Build it and they will come? Maybe start a pairing request e-mail group and start an archive?

Guest Tuftiperkys

Ugh, I wish I could do requests but I have it laid out so perfectly in my mind that anyone else won't do, however, when you have 12 open stories your readers tend to get a little pissed that you're diverting your attention down yet another pathway, not to mention, you'll stretch yourself entirely too thin.

I don't read crossovers because I'm like Graveyardman, that I'm already getting ideas from the weirdest places that I don't really need to get creative enough to bring together unfamiliar characters, nor have I ever really had the urge to but I was shocked that I couldn't find these pairings on here:

Patrick/Brad from Perks of Being A Wallflower. They're even gay! I was astonished!

And

God, I feel like a nerd admitting this, but Grif/Simmons from Red vs. Blue. I've only read a few, and none on here as the category doesn't exist, but there was nothing spectacular or even mildly intriguing.

I wish I had the reserve to write them myself but honestly I don't think I'll ever get there, which is too damn bad.