Click Here!

Answered/added

Solaris

I saw in one of the other forums linked in our forum a request for a Transformers 2007 movie catagory and one for the cartoon version Transformers for the cartoon section.

Could these two catagories be created?

Thanks!

Beth

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see a subcatagory put in under Harry Potter for Tom Riddle/Harry:

(sub) Catagory name:Tom/Harry

Section catagory to be in: Harry Potter

Do you have any stories for it?:yes!

Voldemort really turns people off, and some of the stories involve the pre or non-snakeman version. It would be nice to know which was which from the get go.

Edited by Maizeysugah

Hi, I was wondering if I could request a new category for books.

Under books, I'd like to see if it's possible to get one for Vampire Hunter D. You have a category for the movies in anime, but i'm working on writing based on the books and i'd like to see if it's possible to get it out of Misc and into its own category. I understand if you can't due to space/demand issues.

Thanks for your time!

Coolness, I'll just type these down, but it's going to be long:

Category name: Over the Hedge

Section category to be in: Movies

Do you have any stories for it?: Not yet, but it is planned.

Category name: Tiny Toon Adventures

Section category to be in: Cartoons

Do you have any stories for it?: None.

Category name: Flushed Away

Section category to be in: Movies

Category name: Bomberman

Section category to be in: Games

Do you have any stories for it?: Not yet, but it is planned.

Category name: Tom and Jerry

Do you have any stories for it?: Not yet, but I am thinking about it.

Category name: Klonoa

Category name: Krypto the Superdog

Do you have any stories for it?: Not yet, but I am going to work on one soon.

Category name: Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats

Do you have any stories for it?: Not yet, but I am thinking about it.

Category name: Webcomics

Section category to be in: Comics

Category name: Looney Tunes

Do you have any stories for it?: Not yet, but I am going to work on one soon.

Category name: Sparkster

Edited by Sentient36

Catagory name: Warhammer 40,000

Section catagory to be in: Games

Do you have any stories for it?: I'm working on one right now...

Warhammer Fantasy is already in, so its Sci-Fi brother shouldn't be neglected, though I can't claim to know of any W40k adult fanfiction right now.

I'm thinking that instead of requesting new categories for as-yet nonexistent fics, maybe it's better if most of you requesters finish those fics first. For example, that user who requested the Toby Hemingway category, their case for a new category is stronger because at least it has preexisting material.

I agree - I don't see the point of creating categories, only to have them empty.

Several years ago, the original policy required that you have a fic ready for posting when requesting a new category. It might be a good idea to re-implement that.

If you want a new category for a certain fandom, don't have a fic ready for it, but found at least one fic for it posted in Miscellaneous, how about providing a link to that fic in your request? It's better than nothing.

Or say so in the request that you are writing a story for that catagory, so once your story is done, the catagory is up and ready for it.

Beth

I think that's the best way to go about this as well. There's no sense in creating a category if there MAY be a story for it. Better to do it after there's something that actually can be placed there.

Hey KitBaiu, wouldn't Metalocalypse be in Cartoons category since it's a cartoon on Adult Swim?

I tend to seek a happy medium when deciding whether or not to start a new Category, Sub-Category or Sub-Sub-Category.

If someone clearly has nothing planned, ready, or in the works, I don't load the site down with extra sections. But, often, if someone says they are already writing something, and I see that they've already contributed a lot to the site or are otherwise healhily involved with it, I find it's likely they'll use a requested section, and I'll add it. It's never too cut and dried. I guess I'm rather organic.

At any rate! I've just found my way to this Forum (I'm still getting used to using Forums and not Yahoo! Groups or email addresses alone), and have fulfilled some of your requests this morning.

--- Harry/Tom has been added to the Harry Potter Archive.

--- Warhammer 40,000 has been added to the Games Archive.

--- Toby Hemingway has been added to the Celebrity > Movie/TV/Sports Celebrities area.

--- I found a Metalocalypse Sub-Category already in the Cartoons Archive -- if I remember, it's already got 23 Stories in it.

--- Dexter has been added to the Television Archive.

--- Power has been added to the Comics Archive -- I believe that's where manga belongs. If I've got that wrong, please let me know.

I hope that's good for now, but as always, let me know what else I can do for you.

Catagory name: Imadoki

Glad to oblige -- one question for everyone before I do this, though. I googled Imadoki (it's something I do to make sure Categories are spelled/capitalized/punctuated properly before I let them go live on the site), and almost everything I've found so far refers to it as a manga, not an anime.

I see that a series was made out of the manga, so it is, in fact, an anime too -- so no, SolitaryCheshire I am not saying you are somehow in the wrong. I only want to get you the most views for your post, and I thought maybe people in the Comics (where manga goes) Archive would have more of an eye out for your Story than those in the Anime Archive.

What do you think? Any input's welcome, but if no one says anything by tomorrow, I'll just do it as SolitaryCheshire requested.