Click Here!

Manga and where it belongs

branewurms

Glad to oblige -- one question for everyone before I do this, though. I googled Imadoki (it's something I do to make sure Categories are spelled/capitalized/punctuated properly before I let them go live on the site), and almost everything I've found so far refers to it as a manga, not an anime.

I see that a series was made out of the manga, so it is, in fact, an anime too -- so no, SolitaryCheshire I am not saying you are somehow in the wrong. I only want to get you the most views for your post, and I thought maybe people in the Comics (where manga goes) Archive would have more of an eye out for your Story than those in the Anime Archive.

What do you think? Any input's welcome, but if no one says anything by tomorrow, I'll just do it as SolitaryCheshire requested.

I'm new to this forum, but I thought I'd reply since no one else has - I've never seen manga titles in the comics section, and if I was looking for Imadoki I would probably look in the anime section. It seems more natural to associate manga and anime than manga and comics, especially since there are often both a manga series and an anime series for any given title. I think the folks that frequent the comics section are usually looking for American titles primarily, like superhero stuff or Elfquest.

I think the folks that frequent the comics section are usually looking for American titles primarily, like superhero stuff or Elfquest.

I think I've seen this debated before, both your side and the other. It'd be neat if, once a bunch more people joined us here, this was discussed in a topic of its own. Maybe I'll start it myself when I get some time!

Thanks for answering. I'll go ahead and put it in Anime as you suggest, branewurms, as your logic is sound, and, either way, Imadoki is an anime too.

SolitaryCheshire, Imadoki will be up for you in the Anime archive in five minutes.

Welcome to the Forum! two_thumbs.gif

I agree with branewurms. Manga titles/fanfics should go in any anime categories. That's my opinion, anyway. Anime and manga are Japanese in origin, whereas comics are definitely not. I've been reading comics for many, many years; since I was a small kid, and have subsequently read some manga titles as well, once I found 'em. While they're both "comic books", the genres are very different.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.