Click Here!

Review Replies for Revenge

This is a Review Reply for my Story Revenge. A tale of vengeance 16 years in the making: Naruto and Sasuke are about to find out first-hand that revenge is sweet. http://naruto.adultf...hp?no=600104317

I couldn't write everything out in an Authors Note that I wanted to and still stay under 600 characters so I decided to pursue this route instead.

FromAfar, I wanted a way to reply to your questions and to explain my characterization of Naruto and Sasuke.

I can't explain why the killer(s) left Sasuke to die because that will be revealed in a later chapter. I also can't tell you about the Councils' interference, but not all of them are against Tsunade. The cover-up is part of the plot and they have a great deal of power because the people of Konoha look up to them, believing what they say over their own police. But the Council is counter-balanced by the Governor who wields the most power. I know it really isn't a superior government the way I've described it. I was trying to pull from the Manga and that was how I interpreted the government for my story...if that makes sense; I really can't explain myself sometimes.

I already knew I wanted a high volume of victims for my story and sadly, the Jinchuuriki's were readily available for use. I didn't use all of them because to make my story work I needed them to be closer in age that I could make it believable. That's why I have Haku over Killer Bee and Itachi and Sasuke over Roshi and Gaara...Gaara will make an appearance under different circumstances.

There isn't much specail about Naruto...atleast in the psychic powers sense. That will also be explained later.

I like to think that the difference in killing techniques will become evident; I'm not certain if I explained it in the story. I will keep an eye out as I edit my chapters. There is a reason Naruto was attacked unlike the others; you just have to wait to read it. :D

I will admit that I didn't think about the believablilty of Sasuke and Sakuras' partnership. Maybe what I should have said instead was that they get the job done over saying they solved 'every case'. I was just trying to set them up as being efficient.

I am not one of those people that bash Sakura...I never found her annoying; maybe a tad out of her league next to Sasuke and Naruto in the beginning, but I over-all like her as a character. She has mad medic skills that are superior to Naruto and Sasuke.

Sasuke and his ideals on marriage: It comes right down to fear. He fears the commitment, but as you pointed out, he does believe in true love. I guess he is just waiting for the right person; the one that will change his views of such things: i.e. Naruto.

Naruto is supposed to be confusing; in a way. He really isn't in a rush exactly. I know it may be unbelievable, but where his mind is is that he doesn't want sex, he fears that part of intimate relationships. He is fine with 'making-out' with Sasuke and other things that won't be seen yet; soon though. Naruto is very much attracted to Sasuke.

Because the story; when focused on those two, is told in Sasuke's POV, he doesn't always get things right. That is especailly true when it comes to Naruto. He wants to believe Naruto is naive and can't read his signals which isn't entirely true. Like I said Naruto fears intercourse, so he feigned ignorance where Sasuke was involved. But in this new chapter Naruto will misinterpret looks he receives...he just wants to be liked and that fear clouds him to the 'interested' looks he gets from others. It's insecurity and he can be insecure at times.

To further expand on Naruto: He is very comfortable with Sasuke that was why he went and told him about his past experience and the outcome. He was trying to warn Sasuke what he wanted he wasn't going to get unless he worked for it. I hope that makes a bit more sense to you?

Now about Sasuke and Naruto's attitudes. They have every belief that Kakashi and Sakura can get the case solved quickly, that's why they're not so concerned for the time being. This changes, trust me. I refer to the investigation as a puzzle frequently throughout the story. (I really like puzzles, sorry) What their whole involvement in searching is partly to pass time and Sasukes' cop mode to want to be involved with it. I know I didn't say this from the beginning, but my fic is about romance so you will see a lot of fluff and waff. As I edit I may tone it down, but I still want to be true to what I already wrote.

If you still have questions and I'm sure you will, please don't hesitate to ask. :D I like to explain my reasonings even if I can't always get my point across.

Thanks for reading!

• 11 months later...

Thanks to all of you that reviewed! ^_^

To Talltree-san: I don't like too much drama either, but I crave it too. I hope this chapter help explains Sasuke a bit more.

To Ladydeath2013: Just as long as you leave Sasuke and Sakura alive for my ending you can wail on them as much as you like.

To Solitare1: Don't count Sasuke down and out yet, there's still a few chapters left.

To blugirlami21: Wow, your review was amazing. Thank you. I have to say that their relationship wasn't intended to be a secret, it just happened that way. They've been wrapped up in themselves and the coming out part just fell by the wayside.

To Kyoko21: Your version is very interesting and really not too far off. I hope you enjoy the chapter.

To clover: Oh, no, I made you cry. Naruto is just too nice and still slightly dumb when it comes to Sakura.

To Athrun434: Thank you. I wanted Sasuke to be very sentimental about the ring, which is why he took a while picking out the perfect one.

To kkt: I'm not sure how to answer your review without spoiling the ending. All I can say is: you'll have to wait and see.

To G: Naruto is actually Bi-sexual, though I don’t come out and say it directly in the story. He does avoid his problems because he doesn’t want to hurt anyone. You’re right he does need to man up.

I hope this chapter answers some of your questions, mostly about trust. There’s another point from your review that I want to answer, but I can’t do that yet. It would be spoiling.

To whitetiger9953: I would gladly write you, but someone else is gunning for Sakura. Sorry, they get ‘first swing’. You did sound like a hopeless romantic, but you’re in good company. I’m one too. ^_^

To Angel: Thank you. You’ll have to wait and see if Sakura succeeded or not.

To redfox9t: LOL, here’s your update! ^_^

These are the reviews to chapter four of Holiday Revenge:

To Ana93: Sorry for the confusion and no, the plot didn’t change. I like your idea about Sakura trying to curse Naruto with that bracelet, but it was just a normal gift. The bracelet is actually identical to the one Sasuke bought Naruto.

To Athrun434: Thanks. Yes, poor Naruto. I really love to beat up on him. I hope you enjoy this chapter too.

To whitetiger9953: Yes, may the best person win and yes, Sakura does need a good beat down. You’ll have to wait and see though.

To Talltree-san: Your enthusiasm is much appreciated. It made me smile. I hope those pompoms are still waving wildly after this chapter.

To clover: Ah, the clueless Minato. I just love him. But Kushina would never make his sleep on the couch…she’d make him sleep on the floor.

To MisatosPenPen: A million thanks for all the help you give me. Really, I must be a pain. I agree; this is exactly how I imagine Kushina and Minato to be. And leave it up to Sasuke to capitalize on his parents and brothers absence. Btw, I’m still looking; I know you know what I mean. ^_^

• 1 month later...

These are the review responses to chapter five of Holiday Revenge: ^_^

Thank you to everyone who reviewed! I love it when you share your thoughts!

To redfox9t: I always try to comment to every review, but you’re welcome. ^_^ Sorry this update has taken so long.

To caitlopez: Thank you for reviewing. Things are fine on my end and I hope the same for you too. ^_^

To rose: Here it is, I hope you like it.

To clover: Thank you, I wanted the parents to be just as meddlesome as Itachi; all for Sasuke and Naruto’s benefit of course.

That’s the best compliment I can ever receive, thank you! ^_^ I hope I continue to inspire those feelings that the characters express.

To Anon: I think I’ve officially offended you and I apologize for that. It wasn’t my intention to fall into a stereotype.

When I wrote about Sasuke being the only one having an issue, I was referring to trust alone. Naruto is very secure in his trusting of Sasuke, he’s had no reason not to.

I never intended Naruto to get away with everything; it was always my intention to have him apologize as well. Naruto is supposed to be a bit of a wuss and does have difficulty asserting himself in certain situations.

Your review inspired me to write this chapter, which was meant to be the last one, but has been extended by at least another chapter. I hope it makes it up for pinging on your pet peeve, though I think I’ll have to wait for the next chapter to see if I pulled it off.

P.S. I’ll never say no to a long review. ^_^

To Athrun434: I hate to see both of them sad too and I’m the author.

To Talltree-san: Yes, no one is particularly fond of Sakura at the moment, but don’t feel sorry for her yet; Itachi hasn’t had his say.

To whitetiger9953: You’re welcome. Your review made me smile. Minato would always be supportive of Naruto, but I agree that is the way all parents should be. Uchiha’s are always sure of everything, even when they’re not. Oh, Itachi, how he is my favorite (next to Naruto of course). ^_^

To joe: Review #1: I want to start off by saying that, unfortunately, I had to delete this review. I would have preferred an option of editing or hiding part of it, but it wasn’t possible. Unfortunately, I found the last part of the review offensive. Others probably wouldn’t agree with me, but for my comfort, I deleted it.

I’m not sure how a kiss equates to rape, but it was just a kiss. Technically, innocent if there wasn’t a conniving mind behind Sakura’s façade. Naruto was raised to be polite, so maybe gentleman was the wrong term to use.

Naruto wasn’t meant to be alone with Sakura. Gaara was supposed to be Sasuke’s backup and running interference, but he has his own teenage life and Sasuke has a bladder; it happens.

Naruto was more upset with Sasuke’s reaction than Sakura kissing him, that’s why he ran from the room. It will be a common theme that Naruto is a wuss and will cry frequently; he is the uke in this story so he’s entitled to a bit more emotion than normal.

Shikamaru and Ino don’t know the extent of Sakura’s devious inclinations; they’re friends with her because she is a friend and those bonds are not so easily severed.

The thing about them handing Sakura their bags is supposed to be mimicry of Naruto carrying all her bags; also, it’s their fee for their help. At this point, they believe Sakura really wanted to make it up to Naruto.

Sasuke threw the bracelet in the closet until Naruto forgot about. He knows Naruto well enough that if he threw it away then and there, Naruto would retrieve it. It was a gift after all. So Naruto was letting Sasuke handle the disposal in a time and manner that would prevent him from retrieving it. I won’t comment on that last part.

Review #2: The only reason Sakura was invited to Naruto’s home was because of the school assignment. It was a controlled environment, where Naruto is actually safer. A public setting wouldn’t have bothered Sakura in the least.

Minato wants Naruto to find a nice girl and sadly, he believed Sakura was a nice girl…despite Kushina’s warnings.

Naruto is meant to be a wuss and I always make him very emotion. My interpretation of the manga/anime is that he is a very emotional character and does cry a lot.

It’s a real worry that goes through person’s minds when they’re different from what is perceived as normal; so Naruto being worried Minato would be disappointed is a valid reason for keeping silent, even when a great opportunity arises to tell him. It’s fear and that is a powerful motivator. And everyone but Minato saw it coming, that’s why he was the last to know.

Let’s not forget that the characters are teenagers and don’t always think like adults. I didn’t write it, because I was aiming chapters to be around holidays, but between Christmas and Valentine’s Day, Sakura hasn’t been so active in pursuing Naruto. It’s only recently that she got pro-active. And from the third chapter on, it’s only been a matter of a week.

Review #3: Naruto talks big, but when it comes to action he doesn’t follow through.

To Naruto’s mind, he and Sasuke are through. It was his interpretation of Sasuke’s tone and his hardened expression that made him believe there was no chance left; that’s why he walked away without a fight. Again, let’s remember these are teenagers and more than half the things they do don’t make sense. They truly believed they had their bases covered. Only Sasuke forgot, in his Valentine’s Day exile, about Naruto being unprotected against Sakura. Let’s face it; he has major stalker issues so he was preoccupied.

Ino and Shikamaru were meant to be back-up this time, and they thought their job was done when the bell rang, so they got caught up in their Valentine’s exchange without realizing Sakura was near Naruto.

I hope this clears up any issues you have with the story.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.