Click Here!

And the heat is on!

Welcome to summer! Okay, well it isn’t summer for another couple weeks, but it feels like it here! It’s been hot and rainy, with summer thunderstorms left and right! However, we are getting into the time when school is out and the archive seems to go into overdrive until college starts back up in August. That being said, a couple reminders and maintenance items.

I don’t think we have a very difficult to understand Terms of Service or Content Guidelines, but for whatever reason, sometimes people decide not to read them. I beg you, on behalf of my entire moderating team, please read them. If you aren’t sure if you should do something or if something is right, then re-read them and if you still can’t figure it out – Then for the love of smut, please email our moderating team, catch them in the Shoutbox, ask in the forum, find one of us on IM… and the list goes on. In short, read them, follow them and ask if you have a question.

Speaking of my moderation team: Our open call for moderators resulted in three wonderful applicants, all three came through the interviewing process with flying colors and two of the three accepted our invitation to become archive moderators! One has already begun training and the other will start this week!

Without further ado, I would like to introduce MertMidnightAngel, an Egypt loving, animaniac fairy that adores ancient gods (And goddesses… I think she adores me, if not she will soon!) who, when she’s not haunting the archive, games and spends time with her husband and daughter. Her no nonsense personality and long history as a reader and author on the site will be a perfect fit in with our existing team. Again, as always, please feel free to reach out to her with questions!

Among many of the changes we’ve made, how you edit your profile, your stories etc etc is the big one so far. Many of you may have had the old author panel linked in your favorites for ease of access – While the old profiles will be visible and accessible until we complete our code rewrite, they are read only and you cannot make changes from them. Please make sure for any edits you are accessing your Control Panel. What this means, when you are on the site and logged in, either click the link in the top right hand corner that says ‘My Control Panel’ or if you are an archive (The old layout) click Member Tools>Author Panel. Thank you to those that pointed out the link was wrong in the old layout!

We clarified the name of one of our top level categories in the hopes to clear up some confusion. Comics has long seemed to confuse people as they aren’t sure where things go. In my opinion, part of this was due to the fact that even though X-Men is part of Marvel-verse, we named it first. That has been corrected. X-Men & Marvel ‘verse has been renamed as simply Marvel ‘Verse. Please note that any comics that are produced by Marvel go in this category, this includes the comics, the movies, the TV Shows, the games etc - Anything Marvel 'Verse. If the comic you are writing for is DC based (Again, anything DC goes here) or another publisher then it goes under Comics & DC Verse.

We are holding pretty steady with our Paypal balance. Currently we have $573.60 in the account. While we are always able to pay our monthly bill with the income generated by our advertisers, we still have about $750.00 due to our coder for the new site code over the next 6 months, so all donations are greatly appreciated. As always, please donate if you can. Information on how to donate can be found here.

As we implement the new moderation tools behind the scenes, we’ve been finding a large number of minors, old minors, etc etc. DemonGoddess has been extremely busy with this, take a look at her numbers here.

Hope everyone has a marvelous summer!

Apollo & DemonGoddess

Mert, it's never, ever snowed where I live so I've never seen it before. And Darwin is hot all year round, because it's tropical up there and they only have two seasons; dry season and wet season. Sydney is the closest to me of those cities listed - about 2 hours away. And 16.9C (62.4F) is cold!

Mert, it's never, ever snowed where I live so I've never seen it before. And Darwin is hot all year round, because it's tropical up there and they only have two seasons; dry season and wet season. Sydney is the closest to me of those cities listed - about 2 hours away. And 16.9C (62.4F) is cold!

Now you sound like me, Melrick! I hate anything below 50F, so where do I live? Right... Trust me, snow loses its charm very quickly the third or fourth time you need to dig your car out in a single week. :D

Up by me, you might last a week before you decided you hated snow. In the city proper, it's grey and slushy right away.

It's pretty, I'll give snow that much. I like it best when I'm sipping hot cocoa liberally spiked with Godiva chocolate liqueur and watching it from my cozy apartment. :D

Since we're talking about snow... Melrick, come up to Iceland if you want snow. It can get as cold as -15°C easy, and that's not counting the windchill factor. And the sun doesn't come up for about ten weeks or so... or, well, a part of it comes up, but never more than a third of it...

And this is what my place looked like in January this year...

Okies... I was going to share a picture, but I can't figure out why I can't attach it... so I'm just going to butt out until I figure it out.... *pouts* I hate being such a computeretard...

Edited by WillowDarkling

Okies... I was going to share a picture, but I can't figure out why I can't attach it... so I'm just going to butt out until I figure it out.... *pouts* I hate being such a computeretard...

Click "More Reply Options" then you'll be offered the option to "Attach Files" - click "Choose File" then once selected "OK" (or Open). Then "Attach This File" and it will be a downloadable link.

Alternatively, if you have uploaded already to a server, click on the 11th button from the left (that looks like a picture) and it will ask you for the URL.

Or, you can type [ img ] your_url_here [ / img ] (take out spaces, of course)

Hope that helps :D

Oh uh......crap I forgot to mention I can be a little snarky and sarcastic......I apologize right now for anything I say that may offend. Just lemme know ok? ;)

Snark? Sarcasm? What are those? :devil: (points to the HoS) I've no idea what you mean.... :angel:

Edited by RogueMudblood

I was trying to do that, Rogue, but I can't seem to get it right... I have it on Photobucket, and that's supposed to give me a link to paste in, but alas.... I should just stick with parchment and a quill, to be honest... but let me try one more time.

Image0048.jpg

(feels like a moron...) well, anyway... That was taken in January this year... it stuck to everything so tightly that we had an inch of snow clinging to the branches...

(and thanks Rogue :D )

Edited by WillowDarkling

• 4 weeks later...
Guest APLKinkyWorks

where will the category Titan AE be put?

i have several fanfics of this movie and found out last week that it's under the misplaced category.

just curious to see where it will be placed at