Click Here!

Latests page fixed

xax

Yeah, basically what it says up there.

1. Ratings show up again (finally)
  2. Stories with new chapters will go to the top of the list, stories that have just been edited will not move

Also, there is a slight formatting change-- update/publish dates now display as "December 15th, 2005" instead of "2005-12-15". There are also a few minor tweaks you probably don't care about.

These changes will show on the main site after the Wednesday night backup.

If you notice any weirdness on the latests page (or really, anywhere on the site), please note me and I'll try to get it worked out.

Hmm, maybe I was a bit hasty. The pages are still stretched, and the fics do not get updated in order. As a matter of fact, I hardly see any updates anymore, they are all fic searches. I thought this was a posting site for fics, not a yahoo search group.

Edited by Maizeysugah

• 4 weeks later...

I know there are a lot of story searches being posted.

When the site went down, it had to be reformatted. In doing so, stories were moved to the correct placement. They were moved from one archive to another.

People who haven't been on the site for a while, don't realize this and post they are searching for a fic. People also forget that if a story isn't up then more than likely the author removed it.

The site had a bunch of people remove their stories the minute the site came back up. Truthfully, I have seen story requests for stories that are not nor have ever been published on our site, only on others.

Hopefully people will stop requesting stories and will go looking for them in the search portion of the site.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a problem. When I update my story, it doesn't get bumped up to the first page. Sometimes it stays where it is...anyone know how people bump their stories up when they update? Any help would be appreciated.

Are you editing it with new content and not just uploading a new chapter?

If it is with new content on an old chapter, the story will not be moved, but if it is with a new chapter, it will be moved up.

Beth

Are you editing it with new content and not just uploading a new chapter?

If it is with new content on an old chapter, the story will not be moved, but if it is with a new chapter, it will be moved up.

Beth

Yea, I'm adding new chapters but it never appears on the first page of the latest page. Is there another reason why that may happen or a way I can make sure it does happen when I add a new chapter next week?

Yea, I'm adding new chapters but it never appears on the first page of the latest page. Is there another reason why that may happen or a way I can make sure it does happen when I add a new chapter next week?

Hmm, that's strange.

I think it may be a bug that is still popping up from time to time.

Beth

hmm.

I checked the latests page for the HP archive-- SoftObsidian74, right now your story appears at the bottom of the 5th page back with a last updated date of the 17th and a last edited date of the 18th. I can't tell if it happened instantly when you updated the story, but from what I can see the story looks like it was placed on the front page of the latests on the 17th. There might be a delay when you update the story, though-- try

If you've added another chapter since the 17th, your story wasn't bumped, however. If you did add another chapter since then, uh... clearly something is wrong and I need to check that out, but if you last added a new chapter on the 17th and it didn't show up, there was probably just a delay from the time you updated to the time the latests page updated.

I was wondering why when I update my stories by adding new chapters(in the HP category) My story never or rarely shows up in the Latest list, even though on the same moment there haven't been a bunch of other updates. Also, my story doesn't show in the category's top, it is bunched somewhere in the middle of the first page, even thought the other story updates had been hours before. Why is it so? Am I doing something wrong?

Just out of curiosity --

I've noticed that, in addition to the dates in which stories were updated, several stories also have timestamps showing the hour and minute when the update occured. For example, "Shell Game" in the Erotica/Sex category is displayed as follows: "Updated [2007-12-27 19:54:16]" Other tales merely show the date alone, which is how my story displays: Updated [2007-12-26 00:00:00]. Any plans on streamlining this in the future?