Click Here!

Have a question about this forum?

Solaris

I am Solaris AKA Beth.

I am the moderator of Promote a Story! subforum.

I am here to help them if you have a problem figuring out how to promote your story or you are not sure what this place is for, please feel free to PM me or leave a post here with your questions, I'm here to help you make the most of your time here on the forum.

The one question that most people would most likely ask of me is this:

What does this subforum do?

The answer is to promote your stories to fellow AFF members on the forum. Who knows you might find a story that you never thought you would like, I have found several stories that I like in fandoms that I never thought I would like.

Do not worry, I don't bite. I'm here to help you and to keep the peace on the forums.

Anyway, if anyone has questions, please feel free to ask them of me and I will be happy to answer them for you.

Beth

• 1 month later...
Is it acceptable to promote a story by another author, if said promotion is posted in the accepted format?

As long as it is in the accepted format, I shall allow it.

Just let people know you are recommending this story from this author so people don't make an honest mistake and thank you for writing it when you are just someone who loves that story done by that author.

Beth

• 1 month later...

It doesn't have to be a new one, it can be an old one or a re edited version of that story.

You can promote any story as long as it is from Aff.

Beth

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I am new and am just curious as to the reason for the special format for promoting stories. Thanks!

Hi yramjb,

Its how I want the stories to be promoted, it allows the readers a chance to know a bit about the story before they click the link and find that it was a story that they really didn't want to read after all like if someone liked Inuyasha and someone posted a Harry Potter story and the person assumed it was an Inuyasha story only to be disappointed that it wasn't what they had wanted to read.

With the format in place, the reader will see that it is a Harry Potter story and not an Inuyasha story and therefor won't read the story itself.

Beth

I guess I should have asked first, but was it okay to post my story codes with the summary? I put them on mine using the logic that any one who usually sees the summary (ie when on the main site) sees the story codes as well, but there isn't anything on the official list to say we can include them in the promotion?

If it isn't okay I can go and edit the posts.

I guess I should have asked first, but was it okay to post my story codes with the summary? I put them on mine using the logic that any one who usually sees the summary (ie when on the main site) sees the story codes as well, but there isn't anything on the official list to say we can include them in the promotion?

If it isn't okay I can go and edit the posts.

If I didn't think it helped the promotion, you would have received an e-mail from me, informing you of it.

But its okay, as long as you do the format; any warning or story codes you have in the story is okay by me.

Beth

• 5 months later...

HI, Beth. I seem to remember a long time ago about this thread where the second poster reviewed a story from the first poster (any story from the stories the person has) and then the third poster reviews something of the second poster's, and so on. The reviews are posted in the thread, and can also be posted as a regular review for the author's benefit. I don't see a thread like this anymore and I was wondering if they're allowed, and if so, would they go in this subforum or a different one.

HI, Beth. I seem to remember a long time ago about this thread where the second poster reviewed a story from the first poster (any story from the stories the person has) and then the third poster reviews something of the second poster's, and so on. The reviews are posted in the thread, and can also be posted as a regular review for the author's benefit. I don't see a thread like this anymore and I was wondering if they're allowed, and if so, would they go in this subforum or a different one.

That would be in this forum --> The Review subforum.

I believe the topic you are looking for is right at the top.

Beth

• 5 months later...
Is it acceptable to use my pen name in a promotion thread?

And off topic, I'm new here. Hi all.

Your author name or your pen name is acceptable here.

And welcome to the forum.

Beth

Guest RainbowianOne

Long time lurker, first time poster.

This might seem stupid but I was a little confused. Each thread is for one story. So it's like a place where you can not only promote your stories but post when a new chapter is in? The way it was read it seemed like when you post a new chapter, you post a new thread.

Maybe it's just that it's 2:51 AM and my brain isn't functioning.

• 1 month later...
Long time lurker, first time poster.

This might seem stupid but I was a little confused. Each thread is for one story. So it's like a place where you can not only promote your stories but post when a new chapter is in? The way it was read it seemed like when you post a new chapter, you post a new thread.

Maybe it's just that it's 2:51 AM and my brain isn't functioning.

Good question and not a dumb one either.

Each thread is for that story, if you have a chapter update, you put it in the same thread linked to that story, that way no one is lost and people can keep track of the story updates easier.

Beth

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Johnny engle ... you may have to register for the forum, which is separate from the Archive (where the stories are posted) to post a topic in the promote a story thread. It can take a day or two to be validated, then you should be good to go.

• 2 weeks later...