Click Here!

Have a question about this forum?

Solaris

Chalice, there is a validation period for the forums. Once you've cleared that, usually about 24 hours, you'll be able to post.

• 2 months later...

Hi there. Just a quick question:

In the "Things to Know" sticky, it says, "The first thing you should know is that this forum is for promoting your own story that you’ve uploaded to the AFF archive only. That is, no stories that you’ve uploaded to other websites not connected to AdultFanFiction."

My question is whether or not it is okay to promote stories which are published in multiple locations. For instance, everything I write goes here (since I only really do anime), but I like to have it in other places to increase exposure. Could I promote it here for the AFF community?

- A.

You can promote the story here, and link to the AFF location, but we ask that you not mention the other places where it might be posted in this thread. We do have the Great Wall of... thread where offsite links can be posted, however.

• 5 months later...

Aria, the promote a story forum is for promoting only your own stories.

But, if you want to let others know about stories by other authors, you can add those stories to your "recommended reading" page, on your Archive profile.

I am not entirely sure if we have any place for promoting stories by other authors on the forum. I'll have to look into it and get back to you on that.

Willow Darkling, Forum Moderator.

• 2 months later...

We do have a thread for story adoption, and the process is stepped out as to how we need to proceed.

And as long as the series is here on AFF, you can promote it here using the format for a story promotion. I'm going to assume that by various media, you mean various fandoms as well, so each story would have to be published in that fandom's appropriate subdomain, or category within a subdomain. That would mean each story would have a unique url, so you'd need to make a promo post for each story, but you can reference the larger series, and perhaps suggest readers check out your profile to see the stories you've written.

• 1 year later...

I have a question. I’ve been posting a new reply on my Promote a Story thread after every update of my wip, then someone asked me about updates in the Reviews Replies thread and I answered there, and let them know when I had the intention of posting. Should I have done that here? Can I post a new reply just to let my readers know when/if I’ll be posting, or only after I’ve already updated? And should I have posted a reply in the Reviews Replies thread just to say ‘I have he chapter, I’ll update!’? Is that allowed?   

Thank you for your time!

To Lady’s Daughter.

It is allowed to post story update notices on the Promote a Story thread, yes. If you have a (semi-)regular schedule of updating a story, and then one day can’t post at the “regular-ish” time, then it is alright to put a short notice on the Promote a Story thread. (something like “Unforeseen circumstances, so next update will be up four days later than usual”.) 

I think it would also be alright if you have a very irregular update schedule, to put a notice like “Chapter X, work in progress, should be done in x many days.” on the Promote a Story thread, and then EDIT that post to a “Chapter X posted today!” notice when you post it. 

But, any questions asked on the Review Reply thread should of course be answered there, and all discussions about the story conducted there too. 

I hope that answers your question. 

Willow Darkling, forum moderator. 

Hi,

It’s actually fine to mention updates here, or on your Review Reply thread, or even in both places. Some readers will check the review reply thread, and others might look here, but if they’re registered forum users, they can follow either thread. That way, they get an email notification whenever you post. So it comes down to what you prefer to do. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi there, just double checking- if it is a story that you’ve posted on AFF AND on another site, is that allowed? I totally understand not being allowed to promote your stories on another site if you don’t have the time/effort to post on AFF, but I’m curious as to if the  story is ALSO here, can you promote it?

I certainly don’t want to unintentionally break any rules. If I break rules, it’s full-on assault LOL just kidding :)

Please excuse the silliness, it’s...2:23 am :D

8 hours ago, SesshomaruFreak said:

Hi there, just double checking- if it is a story that you’ve posted on AFF AND on another site, is that allowed? I totally understand not being allowed to promote your stories on another site if you don’t have the time/effort to post on AFF, but I’m curious as to if the  story is ALSO here, can you promote it?

I certainly don’t want to unintentionally break any rules. If I break rules, it’s full-on assault LOL just kidding :)

Please excuse the silliness, it’s...2:23 am :D

We don’t mind stories being posted on multiple sites, but we’d rather not have those other sites mentioned on this thread. We have the “Great Wall of...” threads where it’s absolutely fine, and you can mention in your profile that you post on other sites. You can give the name of the site and your pen name there, but linking to other sites is not really encouraged. If that makes sense…:D

@BronxWench Ok, sounds about right. It makes sense not to mention other sites in certain areas of the forum.
I don’t put any links (seems rude to link other fanfiction sites) And if I mention other sites I post on, it’s only in passing. Like ‘Yeah I’m there, too. Now, about AFF...’ because again, it seems rude to talk overly much about another site. Like talking to a boyfriend about another guy or something lol
And I do mention on other sites that AFF is one of my places.

Ohh I wanna find those ‘Great Wall’ threads though :D That sounds fun. I like making new friends :wub:
Actually, since I moved and left all my RL friends behind, I NEED new friends  :lol:

Love the quotes you have there. English is a bully hehehe

Thank you for your reply, and I’ll behave myself ;)

Edited by SesshomaruFreak
Forgot somethins XD

Thank you! :D

I looked it over and saw where someone was trying to bash AFF. Just..uggh. What’s wrong with people?

Anyways, you can trust that my post will be much more respectful :) Just cause I’m on other sites doesn’t mean I don’t like AFF. I’m newer to posting stories here, but I’m learning :D And like I said, I declare y’all as one of my posting places on other sites. Seems only fair. You don’t charge for membership or posting, you’ve got a pretty neat system set up, and there’s this lovely forum community. This is a great site, and I’m proud to be here. Thank you for having me :)

Eh, they might bash us from time to time, but that’s usually when we ask them to play by the rules, or fail to notice their sparkly specialness. We’re big enough to take a little bashing. I consider it a badge of honor, because it means we’re doing our job. :lol:

I’ve posted elsewhere in the past, and still have accounts open in some places (as BronxWench because I’m creative that way) but AFF is where I feel the most comfortable posting my work.

Ohh those ‘the rules are for everyone except me’ kinda people. Doing your job awesomely :D

Ahh then perhaps I shall see you out there! I understand being more comfy in one place. While I do love AFF, at the moment I’m a bit more comfortable at another site, but only cause I’m more familiar with it :blush:

BUT, I am getting more comfortable here each day as I learn about it and meet people and all that jazz lol