Click Here!

Have a question about this forum?

Solaris

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am Solaris AKA Beth.

I am the moderator of Promote a Story! subforum.

I am here to help them if you have a problem figuring out how to promote your story or you are not sure what this place is for, please feel free to PM me or leave a post here with your questions, I'm here to help you make the most of your time here on the forum.

The one question that most people would most likely ask of me is this:

What does this subforum do?

The answer is to promote your stories to fellow AFF members on the forum. Who knows you might find a story that you never thought you would like, I have found several stories that I like in fandoms that I never thought I would like.

Do not worry, I don't bite. I'm here to help you and to keep the peace on the forums.

Anyway, if anyone has questions, please feel free to ask them of me and I will be happy to answer them for you.

Beth

For some reason I cant place a new post...**pout**

I wanted to "pimp out" my story here, but the button is replaced by this elongated stripe that says "you cannot start a new topic"

• 2 months later...

Hi there

I just posted on AFF a completed fic a couple of days ago and a couple of my reviewers have advised me to delete some of the chapters and re-post them more slowly in order to keep it at the top of the latest-stories list. I'm a bit reluctant to do that as I don't really want to upset whoever might be currently reading it.

I saw this forum and thought it could be just the solution to get my story out there instead. This is a work that I've posted in a few other sites as well and I saw in your rules here that out of site stories can't be posted. Does that mean that you only allow stories that had been only posted on AFF or that the story in question must be posted here too?

Linking in the Promote a Story forum is restricted to stories hosted by the site, yes. However, that doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't post your work elsewhere as well. Many people will post their stories at several sites. That's a preference, and certainly not against the rules.

• 2 months later...

Hello, this is the first time I have ever even thought of promoting one of my stories. I was wanting to, simply because it is a fan fiction for Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and that fandom seems pretty low on stories. Just one in fact, besides my own that I just posted the first chapter of today. I thought maybe promoting it might get it more interest. What I wanted to get clear was, on not being able to promote if the story is posted on another site. Does that count if I posted it on my own Livejournal fiction page?

If that is the case, no problem. I just wanted to ask to make sure.

Squallfan,

If you have posted it here on AFF, please promote away with a link to the story here at AFF. What isn't allowed is promoting stories ONLY from other sites.

PW

• 2 weeks later...
Question. Can the only story we promote be completed stories?

You can promote works in progress here, too, and some people promote again after each update, to let readers know they've updated. :D

• 11 months later...

Most people will post a topic with the story title, their pen name on the archive, the fandom or subdomain where it can be found, and a link to the story. I've also seen people put in a summary to let potential readers know a bit about the story. Take a look at some of the other threads posted by authors. The only requirement is that the story be posted here at AFF (even if it's also elsewhere) and that any link be to the story on AFF.

You do need to post the story in the archive, though. These forums are not the place to publish.

It's actually a great way to let people know you're posting, especially if you're new. It goes hand in hand with making a review reply thread, so you can respond to reviews and get a chance to chat with readers.

Edited by BronxWench

• 7 months later...
Guest Black-Dreams

Do you have to wait a certain number of days before you are allowed to promote your story from when you registered? I registered earlier today and it's not letting me post anything...

Right now, you're in the validation queue. Once you've finished validating, you'll be able to post to the forum threads. It's usually no more than 24 hours before you're validated, so bear with us. :)

• 4 months later...

That's for the ibEconomy. You earn points through posting, and then you can play in the ibEconomy and earn more points through buying and selling stocks and such. And you've been approved now, so please, read the "Please Read" section, and explore the forum to your heart's content. You'll find answers to most of your questions if you look around. But please, feel free to ask as well, if you're unclear on anything. But then post those questions in the appropriate threads.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy.