Click Here!

Forum locked to unregistered users?

Guest Knorg

How about changing the forum so that it can be read by anyone, and simply making people use the age verification beforehand? I can see the advantages of requiring people to register to post, but can't see why people need to register to read?

This would bring it in line with the story archive also.

That might be a good idea. I will suggest this to the other mods and admins to see if opening one forum to unregistered guests but to reply you must be a member.

I'll do this right now.

Beth

It will probably be one of those two forums, if the others agree with the suggestion to open a forum to unregistered guests.

Beth

Actually, am in progress of doing this right now. I just have to do some edits in some globals to disable that required login that shows up on the index when you go to it. I already set the board to allow for guest viewing this morning. In just a couple of areas for now.

I even promote the forum on our LJ community to entice them to join the forum as well.

I probably should promote it again to see if people will come join it if they haven't already joined.

Beth

I see we have at least three new members joining already.

Not sure if they came from the LJ or the site.

But that's three new members. smile.gif

Beth

Does that mean the archive might be getting a centralized login?

I have heard much of the frustration of authors with having to go log in to each fandom separately to edit or check on the stories they may have in a different one.

Like a reputable Naruto author has to log into the Inuyasha fandom if he/she has only one story there.

Seems a little unecessary, unless there is something I am missing, or it has recently been fixed, in which case banish me to the darkest corners of the multiverses. ^^

The archive login has actually been centralized for at least the last few weeks that I know of.

I found that out by accident when I was reading in one section, jumped to another and stayed logged in. So, curiosity got the better of me and I started jumping from category to category, to see if I was logged out, and I was not. That's something that aggravated me to no end (as a user), the login not being centralized, and I only READ. I can't imagine what a pain that must've been to the authors.

This was done thanks to two very talented much younger than me coders. biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.