Click Here!

An Official Beta Request

Ginevra

Edit Jan 2, 2008: I have recently found a Beta and we are currently working well together. Thank you for your interest.

I would like to solicit for a Beta for the following story:

"To Catch a Fox"

This story has already been posted here: http://xmen.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600090304

Fandom: XMen Comics

Primary Characters: Gambit(primary), Wolverine(secondary), Kit (OC)

Warnings: Reasonably graphic M/F sex, some violence, shapeshifting -- but not during sex!

I have not used a Beta since my mother read some of my first fics years ago. Of course, I'm not going to ask my mother to Beta the kind of stuff I write now. Could you imagine?

This is one of my more mainstream stories with strictly hetero relationships and a relatively simple romance/adventure plot. Something is missing or hasn't quite hit the mark and I can't put my finger on it. I'm hoping a Beta could help.

I would like someone with solid grammar and spelling skills to catch any mistakes I missed in my proofing. I would like a Beta who can advise me on things like characterization, plot, adherence to canon and if possible, someone who is familiar with the type of climate I describe in the story. I am deliberately vague about whether it is the Northern US or Canada. I did my best to research the setting, but I have lived in the deep South since I was three, so I have little first hand experience.

You should find my work relatively clean, as I have a talent for spelling and have solid grammar and English skills.

In addition, if anyone is feeling particularly ambitious, none of my AFF fics have been Beta'ed with the exception of "My Name is Brooklyn." And I think even that one could use a good going over.

I do a great deal of experimenting with my writing, so I suspect I'm not likely to find a single person willing to Beta all the odd things I do. Not to mention I have been cranking them out at an alarming rate in the past few months.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my request.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.