Click Here!

How to request a beta.

EveKnight75

This area is used to post requests for a beta reader. Please be as specific as possible in your request. The following information would be useful:

- fandom

- primary characters in story

- warnings/questionable content

- what you want your beta to do

If you have found a beta, please edit your opening post to reflect this fact so that I can lock the topic. It would be awkward if someone offered to beta after you've already found one. I check the forums regularly. If you wish to PM me in addition to editing your opening post, you may do so.

Once you've posted your completed work online, let me know so that I can delete the thread. If your beta didn't work out and you need to find a new one for the same work, contact me so that I can unlock the topic.

If three months pass without any confirmation of a beta, I will contact you to verify this. If you have simply forgotten to edit your post, I will give you a reminder/mild warning and edit the post before locking the thread.

We are planning to introduce a member title called "Beta". If someone has this title, s/he is an official beta on AFF and I can guarantee a resume on hand for this beta. If someone answering your request provides a link to a beta request posted here on AFF, I encourage you to read it.

Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee any final results. I'll do my best to make sure you're set up with a good beta, but I cannot guarantee that I will be familiar with each beta's work ethics or the integrity of their resume despite fact-checking. I can't guarantee that I'll know each beta on a personal level - I'm only human. I've taken as many steps as possible to ensure good results. Resumes for official betas are mandated, resumes for other betas is highly encouraged, and we have a semi-private interaction area where I can supervise the initial work between you and your beta. After that, I have no say or control concerning what goes on between you and your beta.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.