Click Here!

Abused Children

Guest The Lurker

Guest The Lurker

Why is it that children who are abused, nine times out of ten are not removed from the home?

I am not talking just physical abuse, I am talking emotional and mental also.

For instance... And yes, this situation happened to me.

A woman who had RH negative blood was told by the doctor not to have any more children after her first still born.

She did, a daughter. She had that norplant or whatever the thing is called nowdays, placed.

Now she had three kids by the time I met her.

Ages are the time I met

A boy that was 9, weighted over 150 pounds, stood up and cussed you to your face, stole his little brother ( age seven) and sister ( age five) food and was a huge glutton. Was never punished by mother.

Now, please correct me if I am wrong here...

Her children constantly kept the head lice, they went to school filthy, she never took them to the doctor unless it was ordered.

I had to remove old staples from her seven year old's head because she forgot to take him back to the doctor to get them out. ( they had been in so long they had started to grow into the scalp and the hair was covering them.

Her daughter stepped on a broken coffee carafe and slit her foot wide open. The doctor said not to get the wound dirty. The girl was allowed outside with no shoes on and ended back up in the hospital due to infection.

She let her kids play in a busy street and never told them to move. She had no running water into her home but she did have a line ran to the spring for water.

She never kept food in the house, relying on her in laws to feed her kids.

Is this not considered abuse whenever she wouldn't try to do anything with them? She allowed the oldest to run the house, in other words if he said jump, she said how high.

When she did buy food, it was macoroni and cheese, simple things the six year old could cook. She kept snack foods for the oldest.

The sad thing is,

I made an Anoyomous call to the CPS because the six year old almost got hit by a car, the mother was no where in sight.

When I stated the families name, the woman laughed and said that No one would take those kids.

Now with that said

Why is it that children whose parents try as hard as they can, loose their children whenever parents like the one listed above, don't provide for their child, get to keep them?

This is what is bothering me. Parents who try, loose their children and those who don't give a care get them taken.

And usually the foster homes aren't much better

I am not saying anything against those who have adopted on the forum, I am just saying that from experiance. Been there done that.,,, long time ago.

It's just the situation goes from bad to worse. Most of these adoption places, get the kids only for the money. I mean from what I have heard.

As for the abuse, when it is too late is when they are really removed. Is it in the eyes of our goverment that unless a child is almost dead then the abuse isn't serious. Is it in their eyes that if you can't see the abuse it doesn't exhist?

And the laws to protect these children, don't even apply to most of them.

So what are your inputs on this? Do you know of an instance where a child is or was being abused and no one did anything.

I remember one that stands out in my mind.

A Child Named It

( I think thats the name of the story)

It is sad to think what children actually go through and they have no voice in the matter. Why are there not better laws to protect our children?

I see child abuse everywhere I look, including the house I grew up in. It is truly an epidemic and very upsetting. I find those who abuse others just to make themselves feel slightly better about their own pathetic existences are the scum of the earth.

No person should ever have to feel so low or be treated so poorly, it makes me sick to think about and I feel it is the greatest flaw of mankind.

When it happens to a child, i feel nothing but the deepest of loathing for the offender and want to just wrap up the kid in cotton and save them from the darkest parts of this world.

I find that story disturbing. I've never been in a child abuse situation, but one of my friends is still living with her past, and to see them hurt, reminds me that some people don't deserve the title "parent"

That's ridiculous that no one will do anything for those kids.

• 2 months later...
Why is it that children who are abused, nine times out of ten are not removed from the home?

I am not talking just physical abuse, I am talking emotional and mental also.

For instance... And yes, this situation happened to me.

A woman who had RH negative blood was told by the doctor not to have any more children after her first still born.

She did, a daughter. She had that norplant or whatever the thing is called nowdays, placed.

Now she had three kids by the time I met her.

Ages are the time I met

A boy that was 9, weighted over 150 pounds, stood up and cussed you to your face, stole his little brother ( age seven) and sister ( age five) food and was a huge glutton. Was never punished by mother.

Now, please correct me if I am wrong here...

Her children constantly kept the head lice, they went to school filthy, she never took them to the doctor unless it was ordered.

I had to remove old staples from her seven year old's head because she forgot to take him back to the doctor to get them out. ( they had been in so long they had started to grow into the scalp and the hair was covering them.

Her daughter stepped on a broken coffee carafe and slit her foot wide open. The doctor said not to get the wound dirty. The girl was allowed outside with no shoes on and ended back up in the hospital due to infection.

She let her kids play in a busy street and never told them to move. She had no running water into her home but she did have a line ran to the spring for water.

She never kept food in the house, relying on her in laws to feed her kids.

Is this not considered abuse whenever she wouldn't try to do anything with them? She allowed the oldest to run the house, in other words if he said jump, she said how high.

When she did buy food, it was macoroni and cheese, simple things the six year old could cook. She kept snack foods for the oldest.

The sad thing is,

I made an Anoyomous call to the CPS because the six year old almost got hit by a car, the mother was no where in sight.

When I stated the families name, the woman laughed and said that No one would take those kids.

Now with that said

Why is it that children whose parents try as hard as they can, loose their children whenever parents like the one listed above, don't provide for their child, get to keep them?

This is what is bothering me. Parents who try, loose their children and those who don't give a care get them taken.

And usually the foster homes aren't much better

I am not saying anything against those who have adopted on the forum, I am just saying that from experiance. Been there done that.,,, long time ago.

It's just the situation goes from bad to worse. Most of these adoption places, get the kids only for the money. I mean from what I have heard.

As for the abuse, when it is too late is when they are really removed. Is it in the eyes of our goverment that unless a child is almost dead then the abuse isn't serious. Is it in their eyes that if you can't see the abuse it doesn't exhist?

And the laws to protect these children, don't even apply to most of them.

So what are your inputs on this? Do you know of an instance where a child is or was being abused and no one did anything.

I remember one that stands out in my mind.

A Child Named It

( I think thats the name of the story)

It is sad to think what children actually go through and they have no voice in the matter. Why are there not better laws to protect our children?

I know how you feel and I agree with you. ;__; It is sad and it does anger me. I have grown up in a physical and mental abuse as well and its a cultural thing. My family doesn't see anything wrong with it and think that hitting and saying cruel things to children isn't wrong but good for them. As if putting fear in a child will solve anything! D< If I were you, I think I would help the kids in any way you can, and try to have the kids taken to a better place if possible. Get help on this matter, a child should NEVER have to grow up in such a situation, or we are just breeding more unstable people into this world who doesn't know how to truly live except in fear, doubt, and anger. I don't know about the laws, but I know that this IS illegal, you should go to the court house and report this or even a police station, child services too. I wish you luck on this if you do find a way to help those children, I would help to, but I doubt we live in the same state or country. -__-