Click Here!

May Your Knowledge Bloom

There are times I wish life wasn’t as hectic as it is, so I’d actually get the news out on time, but it really is better to be busy than bored… At least in my opinion! There isn’t much going on this month, just a couple things to review, and a bit of an editorial from me.

Well, here goes nothing! If you are cozily snuggled in with your new profile reading this, then you can ignore this part of the news, as you are probably tired of reading about it. If you are reading on the main page of the site, getting ready to toss your computer at the nearest wall because you can’t log in, then perhaps you should keep reading!

If you have not tried to log in since February, then you may have noticed the site looks a little different. That is cause the entire thing is getting a facelift, some lipo, bone stretching, that sorta thing! So what does that mean? That means you need to take a couple steps so that you can access everything correctly. We’ve laid out some very simple, easy to understand instructions. If you follow these to the letter, step by step, 99 times out of 100 it will work. The other 1 time, you’ll need admin to fix something.

Step One: Clear your cookies (Please note, AFF only supports bulimia for your browser, please do not try this on your own body)

Step Two: Validate your account. (There are multiple steps, so perhaps print them out so you can have them right next to you as you do it.)

Unless your account no longer exists (atrophy can be a bitch), you have multiple accounts (Cloning needs to stay in the sci-fi section please), or your email address you first used no longer exists (Wait, you really don’t want to use that LuvNSyncBSB4EVA account anymore?) then you should be back into your account.

If Step One and Step Two have destroyed your house completely and Mother is almost home… Wait, that’s Thing One and Thing Two, sorry… If Step One and Step Two haven’t worked for you, then please contact us via the forums or email and explain in detail what you’ve done so that we can best assist you. “I can’t log in!” doesn’t get the house straight before Mother comes home.

That being said, for those of you that have already played along at home and are in – Thanks for reading the directions and have fun as more new stuff rolls out!

Right now, we are just completing some back end admin upgrades that we will need to properly moderate the site once the next portion goes live. After that, we’ll start releasing features for you guys to play with again. Upgraded search features, better chapter/story navigation, improved story submission, etc etc!

A huge shout out to those that have donated, we really appreciate it! As always, donations are appreciated, as the site is free to use and we live off donations and our advertisers! We currently have $563.50 in our PayPal with May’s hosting costs paid. Information on how to increase our war chest can be found here.

We’re still puttering along with moderating the archive, and as always our monthly report is available for your perusal!

Thank you for sticking with me and my ramblings! See ya around the site or when we meet again next month!

Apollo & DemonGoddess

Guest Guest

I don't mean to be snarky or rude but...you do realize that if people clear the cache, just so they will be able to log in to aff, means it will also clear ALL other website passwords stored in their browsers. This is a monumental pain. I don't want to spend two hours of my time to reset everything else in my browsers just so I can get into one site; it's enough to make me reconsider whether or not I want to post anything here again. Just saying.

Actually, clearing cache is separate from deleting stored passwords. You can choose to delete all, or you can choose selectively to only clear cache and delete cookies. You can even selectively delete cookies and cache. I would recommend checking your browser's help website (or file) on how to do that beforehand, though.

Here are the pages for the browsers DG has screens of in the FAQ

IE Help

Chrome Help

Firefox Help - scroll down to the part about the single website

Safari 3.0 Help

Safari 5.0 (Mac) Help

I don't know much about Opera, but here's their cache help and cookie help

If you use a different browser than the above, I obtained all of these results by typing the browser's name and the word "help" in Google search.

Still, cookies that contain log in information from other sites will still be wiped. I had this problem myself. But the good news is with firefox you can delete cookies selectively. Don't know about other browsers. It's in bookmarks under privacy.

Any browser I've ever used (standard ones, that is, not the oddballs like AOL's browser) allow you to selectively delete cookies. They also allow you to select what part of the history you want to delete, such as stored passwords. I don't delete those, just all the rest. As far as it being a pain, sure, it can be. However, bear in mind that all cookie strings are subject to corruption over time. That being the case, one would want to do this routinely to begin with, to prevent the strings from getting too long due to repeat site visits.