Click Here!

Dumbledore is gay.

NinjaGaijin

**Raises hand** about the DH epilogue too.

I wasn't just disappointed about it I think it totally and utterly sucked. The book as a whole was okay but the epilogue left me with a 'Oh is that all?' feeling. So Ron and Hermione and Harry and Ginny got married. Well big deeeeeeeeeeer! As if we didn't know that was going to happen...**Rolls eyes**

In regard to Dumbledore being gay...big deal. Who cares who in Harry Potter porks who? I never pictured Dumbledore as a sexual creature straight or gay...he seemed a bit asexual to me...no defined leanings at all.

It is a bit if a funny story though.

I'm editing a quote from the MTV show "A Shot At Love With Tila Tequila"

--"How do you know he's straight? I mean has he ever slept with a man?!"

I get it and i am roflmfao.

*raises hand*

I hated the epilogue. The book was kick ass but still, the ending was a bit too weak for my liking. Not sure what would have been better but that ending was not good. She should have just left it without the epilogue, that might have been better.

Edited by Solaris

I get the "Shot at Love" reference! xD I actually watch that show . . . such a guilty pleasure.

*raises hand*

(I'm assuming everyone's read DH by now, but just to be safe . . .)

SPOILER :
I wanted to hear more about George. Yeah, we got to see Percy's reaction to Fred's death, but George is his twin, his identical twin!! There's a bond there that myself and many others can never understand. To me, how little of George's reaction we saw and vague mention of him in the epilogue left a lot to be desired . . .

Other things bothered me about it, the ending felt so rushed, but overall that was the big thing that really bothered.

As far as Dumbledore being gay, I agree with what some of the people said above . . . I saw it, but I just thought it was my slashy mind getting in the way, and I didn't really expect JKR to actually have written in that way. But I must admit, when I heard, I was beyond delighted, though somewhat disappointed that she didn't just confirm it in the book. I read it now, and I really think it makes the story bitter sweet--an unrequited love story between Dumbledore and Grindelwald that ends in tragedy. I would love to read it if someone decided to write a story about it. smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

It is no longer her place to decide who is gay and who's straight. If she'd wanted to make Dumbledore gay she should've done it in one of the books. This doesn't count and this is exactly why I think JKR should die a horribly painful death. She's no writer, she's a bitch who stumbled upon a good story.

It is no longer her place to decide who is gay and who's straight. If she'd wanted to make Dumbledore gay she should've done it in one of the books. This doesn't count and this is exactly why I think JKR should die a horribly painful death. She's no writer, she's a bitch who stumbled upon a good story.

I agree with you on the part that she doesn't have the right to say who's gay and who's not. She should have said so in the book itself, but she didn't so I do not consider that information as canon information at all.

She just got lucky with the series, I doubt people will be waiting in huge lines for her new murder mystery book to come out. She may realizes that her fans are waiting for the books that were spoken about in the books themselves and she ends up writing them, people will return for those books only. I for one, would love to read Hogwarts: A History.

Beth

• 9 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I haven't been able to post on here yet to state my opinion on it. *raises hand* I agree that the epilogue was unnecessary. It seemed rushed, and like I really cared who married who, or what the kids names were! JKR should have left the epilogue out. I even refused to read it for 3 weeks because I liked how the story was without it. Then when I read it I was like, 'Oh wow, no news to me!'

As for Dumbledore being gay, weren't the damn robes with the moons and stars and all that on them enough of a clue?!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.