Click Here!

Login/Profile Issues

Guest VioletIntoxication

Guest VioletIntoxication

I haven't visited the site in a while and went to update one of my stories today and found the new login system. I tried to log in with the email that my account was linked to, tatsel1392@yahoo.com , but I got a message saying that it was either not registered or associated with multiple accounts. What was weird was that I had just used an old link to one of my stories to add a chapter (Crashing Memories, Chapter 28 - found here: http://naruto.adultf...8046&chapter=28), so I thought I was logged in, especially when I saw my profile at this link:

http://members.adult...p?no=1296843146

My trouble came when I tried to add a new story and couldn't find the link. I realized that I probably wasn't registered and read a couple of FAQs in the forum, one of which said I should try re-registering. I did so with what I thought was the same information as before and was successful. I now have two profiles with the same VioletIntoxication username, one with my stories and one without. This is the blank one:

http://members.adult...p?no=1296910895

I am utterly confused. If you could get me access to my old one and delete the new blank one, that would be wonderful.

Thanks! I very much appreciate any help!

I'll add you to DG's queue for merge, because that yahoo is associated with the second profile. Can you point me to the FAQ that said to re-register if you couldn't access? Because that's one thing we actually don't want, since multiple profiles aren't allowed.

Edit - You do want the yahoo e-mail address to be the one on file?

Edited by RogueMudblood

Guest Same problem!

I am experiencing the same problem. I had a college email, hth1@alfred.edu that no longer functions. I used to sign in with Casper Em or AJ Flight. And my new email is Alexandria.Hoang@gmail.com.

I tried looking for my stories and I have no idea where they are to even do a subcategory search!

I'm having a really odd problem.

I can log in just fine - I did all the validation stuff weeks ago. At that time I also edited my Profile to point to my Ao3 ( rather than my ff.net and LJ archives.). ~ When I login in and navigate to my account, I see this new profile.

However, when I click my Author name from, say a story list (the way a reader would), i still see the OLD profile ( which mentions that my NC-17 stories are only in my LJ). ~ What the heck?

That really is odd, and I was able to replicate that error myself. If I click your author name from the story itself, I'm taken to your new profile, but in the story listings, your author name links to the old format profile. The error does NOT replicate from the Latest Stories page, only from the sub-category level.

I'm going to refer this to tech support for looking into. It may be something that will be addressed in the next phase of code rollout, but we'll see what they say.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Guest MudbloodMalfoy

I can't remember my password to log in, and when I tried to reset it, I got the same message about not being registered or being linked to multiple accounts. Problem is...it might really be linked to two accounts. After I epically failed to reset my password for the first account, I registered a new one. I *thought* I used a seperate email account, but apparently not. I want to keep my MudbloodMalfoy account, since I actually have something posted from that account. I also want to use the my primary email for that account, which is rebel_shawty@hotmail.com.

Guest Casper Em

Maybe try minty revolution?

One of the stories is Vampiric Epistolary and was original fiction.

Also, I had a Remus/Sirius story about a couch transformation and one with Braille in the title.

A.T.Flight as a user is showing as an old minor, and also with bad email last year. An attempt was made to find an alternate email, and was unsuccessful at the time. As is procedure, when all else fails, the profile is taken over, with a message left IN the profile for the user to contact us with a working email. As there was no contact after this was done ( a good month or so after the profile modification ) this profile was deleted.

Hi, I'm having the same issues. I haven't re-registered. I'm even lucky to post in here, I keep getting messages that I do not have permission to post. Sigh. My info is suji.chan@gmail.com, username was SujiChan. I have several fics, one of which is Going Home.

@SujiChan: The first thing to clear up is your email address. I'm showing a different email address in our database than the one you have in your post above. That may be why the re-registration is failing. If the email address you have in your post is the one you want to use, I can add you to the tech support queue to have that updated.

The other thing is that not being able to post here in the forums is not related to your archive status. It's two separate registrations, and the re-registration is for the archive only.

@SujiChan: The first thing to clear up is your email address. I'm showing a different email address in our database than the one you have in your post above. That may be why the re-registration is failing. If the email address you have in your post is the one you want to use, I can add you to the tech support queue to have that updated.

The other thing is that not being able to post here in the forums is not related to your archive status. It's two separate registrations, and the re-registration is for the archive only.

Weird.... that's the email I get all my emails from adult-fanfiction.org from. But yes, if possible please change it to that. Thank you. Is the other one you're showing suji.chan@ymail.com?

Your gmail address is linked to your forum registration. We do broadcast the news via the forum once a month, so you would get that in your mailbox. What's in the archive is a ymail address.

In any case, the email is changed, so you can go ahead with activation. Links to directions for all you need to do are in the site announcements box above.

In order:

1. Clear cache and cookies

2. If your password is less than 8 characters, it must be reset. Otherwise, skip this step.

3. Activate your account

Guest Starry Diadem

I'm having this same issue. It's a very long time since I last logged on here (RL being what it is) and I asked for a password reset. Instead I got the message that the system doesn't recognise the email address or the address has been used multiple times. Trouble is, I'm not entirely sure which email address is not associated with the account.

It would either be anna_orr @ yahoo.co.uk or starrydiadem @ googlemail.com, I think.

I'd be grateful for some help. I've finally got something to update my long running BSG saga...

Guest Starry Diadem

Sorry, I didn't see this until today ! Yes, that's me.

I can't imagine what email address you have then, as I only really use my yahoo and gmail addresses. I did have a hotmail address but let that lapse - is that the one you have?

Anna

Guest Starry Diadem

I tried that one when I attempted a password reset, and got the same message about it being unreocgnised or used multiple times. The address is anna_orr @ yahoo. etc.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.