Click Here!

Hello

DemonGoddess

Well, I figure now is a good time to say hello, and introduce myself to everyone.

I've been working with Invisionboard since version 1.1 (that's about 8 1/2 years), as well as many other different kinds of forum software.

As part of what is going on now, things you can expect to see in the near future will be an upgrade/restructure of the entire forum. The upgrade is going to depend upon whether or not it's decided to stay with Invisionboard, or go to a different forum software. Regardless, it'll be a whole new forum setup either way. Invision is currently at version 2.32, which is VERY different from this. Much more robust, and more secure.

The most important reason to upgrade/change the forum software itself is simple. About 18 months, maybe 2 years ago, malicious little individuals found ways to exploit the version of the php language that this board and earlier versions of other boards and php applications are written in. So, the language itself was rewritten to make it so those exploits no longer existed. In the process, php applications, such as this one were all either rewritten to accommodate the new form of the language, (hence versions 2.x of Invision), or patched, or in some cases abandoned (depending on the program). In any case, because of this, that is why this board will be either upgraded or replaced with something else entirely. Expect to see that change probably in a month or so.

Once I have a definite time table of what is going to happen, and how you will all be affected, I'll post to let you know.

The good thing about all this upgrade stuff is that the majority of it is done offline, and thus not an inconvience to members.

Anyway....I suppose that's all I've got for now... wink.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.