Click Here!

Stories I want to finish

Laevi

I tell it in my profile (which no one reads): I never abandon my stories.

Even if I haven't written for years, in my head they're still alive. I'm just waiting for time and inspiration. Usually, it takes my vacation to write. Vacations are rare. At work, I'm way, waaay too busy, and I'm dead-tired in the evenings.

Beside that, I have a lover who demands my attention. I'm very lucky he is the house-man, so I don't have to cook or clean, but I'm not living in a hotel, if you know what I mean. I'm a grown up with a full time job. I'm no student living at mum's place. I have obligations. Lots. Of obligations. Even without kids (obviously...).

That said, if you feel heart-broken because a story you like hasn't finished yet, rest assure I will continue.

The stories pressing on my mind right now are Wings of a Butterfly, Martin Saint, Joel, Olsen, Justin & Jouri, and Frank & Menno. Especially the first three.

Right now, my head is filling up with Wings of a Butterfly. That means the rest will have to wait.

So please bear with me and be patient, not heart-broken. I do not abandon my stories. I love them as much, or even more, than you do. It's just... I have a life and it's very busy.

:dots:

Edited by Laevi

• 5 months later...

I had a week off, at the beginning of October, like I always have. Oct. 4 is our wedding date, and I always take a week off. It's tradition, even if we don't really celebrate with others. It was our 11th anniversary, this year.

At the end of the week, I downloaded a few new stories. I discovered a story about the Amish, by Shelter Somerset, and fell in love with it. Lucky I discovered a sequel and two other books, I happily bought those as well.

But then my week was over.

"Can I have another week?" I asked no one in particular, just for fun. "I want to read!"

At Mondey evening, Theo and I were cooking. Theo knelt in front of our gas oven, and said "hey... the flame has gone out."

He opened the oven door and concluded the safety hadn't worked properly; gas was still flowing.

And then it happened very quickly. The gas exploded, in the middle of his face, and in a reflex he jumped away.

To me, it looked like he was attached to ropes and pulled out of reach of the explosion. He ended up in a corner, completely dazed, and I screamed and quickly tried to see the burn wounds. There were none. I shut off all the gas and sat back next to him, hearing him say "my leg hurts..."

First, we thought he had strained his ankle. It was quite a jump, after all. The next day, I stayed home to look after him. He couldn't walk or stand, and at one moment when he moved, he heard a crack.

"It's broken..." he said.

Oh gods... We quickly asked a friend to drive us to the hospital. Lucky we have good friends, always willing to lend a hand. Lucky that friend was on board on his ship at that moment, as well. And even more lucky, he would go away for 10 days, and was more than willing to give me his car for that time being, so we would be mobile.

In the hospital, it took only a few x-rays to find two fractures in the calf bone. And, the doctor said, it required surgery.

Not again! My world fell apart for a moment, and Theo protested as well. Alright, the ankle was too swollen anyway, they would give it a splint and check again next week. He isn’t allowed to walk until then. Next week, we learn if he has to go for surgery.

But, that isn’t all. Yes, I could read that day, and I joked I had to be more detailed with my wishes because my guardian angel is a bit sloppy. It’s the same as when I broke my back; I wanted time off and fell down some steps, disabling me for two years in total. Be careful what you wish for ;)

During a regular check-up, a few months ago, the doctors discovered “extraordinary cells” in my body. That could mean cancer. More check-ups were needed, and they were terrible. Yesterday, I should hear the final verdict: cancer or no cancer.

I went to work. My colleagues didn’t expect to see me, and I was a wreck, of course. But I like my job and I figured I could talk to the boss about my ordeal lately. My boss was no where. One of my colleagues leaned over me, silently, looking so concerned... I fell apart. I ran to the bathrooms, crying for the first time in years, throwing out all the stress I felt.

Another boss came to me and pulled me out of the toilet cubicle. I was sent home for the time being. At home, my boss phoned me (yeah, NOW he wanted to talk to me, the asshole) and I told him I wouldn’t come until we know more about Theo and about me.

Not much later, the hospital phoned for me. They had found no cancer. But, before I was relieved, quickly added they had to do more tests, because they had found those cells earlier and there is something wrong with me, somewhere. They just don’t know where...

So next Monday, I have to go to the hospital to the anaesthetist. Tuesday, Theo will hear if he has to go to surgery. Oct. 30, I will have the new tests.

So now you know why I’m not very active, online...

Oh, and my guardian angel has done his best. That explosion didn’t cause any damage. We could have been killed already. We are very lucky, we really are.

xxx

Oh, Laevi! I can only offer my best wishes to you and to Theo that all will turn out well. How absolutely dreadful that this all had to occur when you should be celebrating your anniversary.

But in that vein, my congratulations on your anniversary. May you and Theo have many more years together.

• 4 weeks later...

freak.gif My muses are freaking out. After a long writers block I have two stories fighting for attention. Grrr.

About my health; I have been in the hospital for a whole day of test. At the day of the intake, the doctors discovered I have high blood pressure. As these are extremely stressful times for me, no one was surprised. I went to my own doctor anyway. During a test of 24 hours, the pressure went higher and higher, until they were fearing for my life. They put me on medication immediately, saving my life.

Now I have to wait for the results of the other tests, do I have cancer or not. I feel fine, just a bit weak and light-headed every now and then, and very tired. I hope the tests will either prove there's nothing wrong with me, or point out where the problem is so they can treat it.

My husband Theo still has plaster around his leg. He's not allowed to walk, but he does it anyway. Two more weeks and the plaster will be removed.

I hope our lives will be normal soon. If only because our sex-life is practically non-existent at the moment! That's a killer for my stories! XD

High blood pressure is quite frightening, and I'm very glad they were able to bring it down with medication. I have family members who struggle with this so I know how very important it is that it be treated properly.

Sometimes stress can masquerade as other things as well, and perhaps it is why you are still feeling light-headed and tired. Of course, I will hope the tests give you answers.

And husbands never do listen when they are told not to do something. We love them in spite of it. ;)

I'll hope things do get back to normal soon for you, and remain happily uneventful and full of inspiration. For myself, I will struggle with my draft for the National Novel Writers Month competition, and tug at my hair, and mutter darkly at my muses.

Guest dazedandconfused

Laevi, Oh my gosh! I am so sorry I didn't read your forum messages sooner! I had no idea all these things had happened. I was so sorry to hear about Theo's accident and hope he is feeling better soon and on the road to recovery. When I think of what could have happened to the both of you.... I wanna cry. I think your guardian angels were watching over the two of you. High or low blood pressure can be treated with the right treatment and monitoring and diet. I hope all your tests for cancer come back negative (I know in my heart they will) and will keep you in my prayers. I know you will be ok because you are a very special person and both you and Theo have your whole life to live together and more journeys to take and memories to forge. By they way, congrats on your wedding anniversary!! It also happens to fall on my birthday, October 4th, my patron saint is St. Francis of Assisi whom I pray to often and will say a special novena for you and Theo. Best wishes and keep us updated on how you both are doing, dazedandconfused.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news, everyone!

The tests came out great. I have no cancer and the "restless cells" have been found and removed. After six months I need another checkup, but for now I'm clean, as it's called.

Theo's cast has been removed and he can walk again (limply, but still).

My bloodpressure is under control (with meds) and I await the results of other bloodtests, but not to worry, I believe.

Sex life is back as well XD

I'm already writing a new short story. It's mainly brewing in my head though, I like to daydream before I write down the scenes. I still dream very detailed and I sleepwalk a lot ;)

Anything else? Nah. I'm happy I'm alive.

• 3 months later...

I'm writing a new story, based on a dream, but this time I will finish it first. I will then post one chapter a day. That way I won't disappoint anyone and can still act on comments, if needed. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest dazedandconfused

Hi Laevi, I haven't seen you around for a few months now so hope you and Theo are alright and the two of you are just enjoying quality time together. I miss your stories. I hope you both are well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sweetie, of course I'm okay, indeed enjoying my vacation with Theo. I finished that last story and was empty again. That's what happens ;)

I'm looking for inspiration ;)

• 5 months later...

Wow I have been away for so long! But I have been writing. I want to wait with posting until the plot has grown on me. I'm almost finished with The Stray, and started posted chapters.

Enjoy!

And happy 2014!!

♡♥♡

Hello sweetie! How are you coping with all the snow? Careful with your back ;)

Good to be posting again. I have been writing a lot, by the way. As soon as I am content with what I wrote, more stories will follow. The Stray is the one on my mind now, though. I hope to give it a satisfying finish, I feel quite confident about it.

As soon as Theo is finished with chopping wood and his other projects, I will say hi for you :*

Guest dazedandconfused

Morning, Laevi :dancegirl2:Oh, my real name Emma but I used dazedandconfused in reviews and stuff. We got tons of snow but I took my time and drank a lot of hot chocolate along the way. Thanks for updating 'The Stray' everyday like you do. I look forward to reading it and it makes me happy. :dance:

Guest dazedandconfused

Um, I tried to put in another smiley thingy and it didn't show and only said :dancegirl2: must be a glitch with AFF or something. Both you and Theo have a very nice day!

• 1 year later...

Big Poppa is never far away... After reading all of my stories and later roll plays, the angel of inspiration touched me again, and the dreams came back.

Happy to write again. Comments help, by the way.

Edited by Laevi

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.