Click Here!

Moderator Exodus

WotanAnubis

So it seems the vast majority of the forum moderators left because they're not very happy with the new management.

Well, that kind of thing happens I suppose.

Still this means the forum is either left with very few moderators or is simply largely unmoderated. I know we're a small, usually fairly happy community, but somehow I doubt this is a healthy state of affairs.

So. What's going to happen next?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've no idea what this will mean for the Forums other than I suspect it won't be much fun for a while. The people who have left are the very same people who have made the forums fun for me.

In the meantime, I'll be shopping around for other archive sites for my fan fics. This does not sound good at all. If you have any recommendations for good archive sites, please PM or email me. At the moment I do plan on continuing to post on AFF. But, I am looking for plans B and C.

I am totally bummed out on this mass exodus of people I was starting to think of as friends. I have seen this sort of thing happen in a face to face BDSM group I used to belong to. It's the reason my husband and I no longer play with others. All the folks we were genuinely interested in knowing left the group and, unfortunately, none of those people had the resources to host group functions, including ourselves.

This sucks. I may have to just join the 21st century and start my own blog or journal or whatever so I have a safe place to post my insanity. Grr...

Guest The Lurker

I can honestly say that I very seriously doubt that anyone can find another site like AFF.

Most places out there are moderated, you can't post without a beta or ect, ect.

As for the forums not being fun because people left.

People make their own fun on the forums. They shouldn't be labeled unfun because people have left.

As for the few amount of moderators...

I am sure that the owner is working on getting more mods back onto the forum. If the mods left because they weren't happy with the management, we can't force them to stay.

I say make the best of what is going on. Make new friends, have fun.

A world centered around a few people really isn't fun.

I think I will stick around on AFF for a long time yet. I have yet to find another site as great as this one. Freedom of speech is a great thing. I don't like being moderated and told you have to have a beta to post your stories here or you have to be under certain ratings to be here. That really sets an author back and I see that as a way to control people.

SO LONG LIVE AFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.giflaugh.gifthumbsup.giffreak.gifhug.gifbounce.gifflasher.giftwo_thumbs.gifclap.gif

Edited by The Lurker

Well, I dunno if this place will be a non-stop laugh-riot tomorrow, but I sure hope it will be. I'm bummed out too!

The trick about this is, we can choose our reactions to this. I mean, if we stay lighthearted, everything'll be just fine. As for me, my job is to stay looking on the brighter side of things, and just get to hiring some nice new folks to take care of the Forums.

Lots of things are happening next; I've already gotten us a Forums Administrator (never had one of those before!) who's really talented with this sort of software, and I'm very excited about her.

Other changes I forsee coming your way are also good -- my philosophy, as opposed to the way things used to happen here sometimes, is to be super-super strict on folks that are a negative influence on the AFF Community, and to be kind and lenient with those that are of a good nature and cooperative mindset.

Considering I've been the Owner of AFF for two years, it's really an interesting experience for me to become a part of the Forums for the first time last month! Whew. But I'm very optomistic.

Stick around if you want to see something cool is all I can say. ^^

-- Jaxxy

Well, I dunno if this place will be a non-stop laugh-riot tomorrow, but I sure hope it will be. I'm bummed out too!

I'll try not to be too much of a snarky bastard about it, but...

Perhaps you should have listened to their grievances. That way they wouldn't have left en masse and you wouldn't be bummed out by now.

Guest Serenanna

. . . Ok, I knew this would happen, but now I'm pissed too. Why the hell are all the resignations deleted now? Why would you do something like that other than to save face and not own up that somewhere, someone screwed up and made a lot of the regular contributers here very angry?

Nine+ people that I have known over the past two years all decided to quit. They all didn't like or know each other very well, but they all came to the same conclusion and acted. This tells me that there is something very wrong going on with this site ever since DA left and Jaxxy made her reappearance. This site is supposed to be about us, the authors, not the owner, the owners friends, or anyone else. Yet in the past month I've seen the coding and quality of this site go from 'hey, this place is nice!' to 'WTF, I just updated, where's my fic!?'

The stories aren't updating right, the recommended reading addition is way too elaborate to use except by a code monkey, and all I've been hearing from my friends for the past month is how this once great site now sucks. Why is this continuing to happen?

But somehow, I don't think any of you will ever answer my concerns.

If this message pisses you, the adminitration staff, off too, then delete me. Because of the ease you seem to wield the ban hammer, I will be deleting my stories as well, and making sure this story makes it to my friends and readers. I left the Grey Archive for the same reason as I'm leaving now, this place is not about the authors anymore, but the owner's own vanity.

Oh, and by the way? I saved all the resignations on .html and have them posted on a friends server since I had a feeling they would be deleted. Thank you for making my decision to go public with them for me.

Sere

I knew there would be confused people about on the Forums today! That's why I've personally come to check on everyone and see if I can ease some minds. Please be advised that, although I managed to be here today, I can not dedicate my full focus here indefinitely; in order for AdultFanFiction.net to stay online, I must look after more pressing matters. Look at it this way -- if people believe they are irritated with me now, imagine how irritated they'd be if I stayed here and ignored my more important duties! The site would go down utterly. This, not to put too fine a point on it, is a no-no.

Primarily, this must be said: despite what rumors and claims are going around, and despite our desires to believe one person above the other, no outsider ever actually knows what happened on the inside. Indeed, truth is three-sided; "Your side, my side, and the truth", as they say. Are we always to suppose that the louder voices, or the ones we like to listen to, are somehow closer to right?

Something else I am compelled to say is that, ultimately, it is up to those who hear of this caper whether or not this is something to waste precious spiritual energy on. If you choose to free yourself of the possible upset the details of this situation may inspire, you may skip reading the rest of this post, as it holds little bearing on AdultFanFiction.net's future. I post this for the benefit of those who are not yet ready to move on.

Perhaps you should have listened to their grievances.

Well, I did my best. I think the heart of the matter is that this "stand" was actually the other shoe dropping -- this was only another chapter in the September walkout's book. I believe it was delayed for impact; apparently, people love to weave plots on the Forums as much as they do when writing a Story for the archive.

It would have been easier to listen to "grievances" had there been a single email or PM about the apparent direness of the situation. The fact that there was not clearly demonstrates the fact that the bulk of these folks didn't *want* this to work. Fair enough (barely), but the people that *are* dedicated to the site and only the site will not be held prisoner to such negativity or punished for other peoples' dissatisfaction. Yesterday's stragety involved replacing Members' relative comfort with their own personal dramas; judging by a post or two I've seen, they have succeeded, at least to a degree. I'm sad for that, and intend to protect others from falling to the same fate.

A hard reality for people to face is that, from the start, most of these guys never wanted to like or to trust me. They missed their friends, my ex-Administrators, very much -- these facts are not in dispute. They'd seen them as family, and they still do. Not one of them has ever stopped to think about how deeply I understand this. In the past, I felt that those very same folks were part of *my* family, and, once upon a time, I thought those feelings were reciprocated.

Feelings aside (for I do not have the luxury to cater to mine), I do wish these people had simply left, with their family, in the beginning of September. Instead, they stuck around and made me work very hard to try to figure out how to involve them in site decisions, never intending to let anything come of it. Hindsight is 20/20; now I can see that that was the plan all along. Deep down, most of them wished only to jerk me around for a while, to make me look bad, inadequate, and uncaring. Persisting in this, they likely hoped to drain my energies so thoroughly that I would ultimately fail, and in failing, justify their claims and emotions.

After all, how could AdultFanFiction.net ever recover from such a well planned and carefully executed attack? My answer is "Easily, if we stay positive".

My question is: How could people say they cared about the welfare of the site and sabatoge it in the same breath? For this, I have no answer.

I guess they didn't care that if the Owner of AdultFanFiction.net failed, the site would be in critical danger.

That's the difference between all the ex-Staff and myself. Be assured (or warned, depending on one's perspective) that I have sat here, and will continue to sit here, remaining dedicated to the site itself, no matter what the weather outside (or inside!) has been or will be. I will not let my emotions overwhelm my sense of responsibility. I will not harm the site, and I will not let anyone that would *near* the place.

In my personal philosophy, this site is where people come to when they want to avoid fighting and drama. AdultFanFiction.net is a place people can come to to take a break, relax, read, write, and have some fellowship in a realm that is in no way connected to their "real lives" or the "real world". Anything that doesn't contribute to the positivity of the atmosphere here is *absolutely* subject to utter obliteration. I will keep this place healthy and fun for the people at large, whether a specific smaller group of people appreciates it or not.

Here's a cold fact for you: although I hate this aspect of my position, among other things, I am a surgeon. As such, I have no choice but to cut out cancerous bodies before they spread. I do this with underaged users on the site, I do so with plagiarists, I do so with Trolls, and I will do so with anything else that is idly and/or wrongfully damaging to Community morale.

Especially when it was premeditated.

So yes, yes, and yes again! A result of this attempted insurrection is that the parties involved are, at the least, suspended. Don't imagine that these folks are surprised by this. The posts that were involved with this sabatoge have been moved; again, I'm sure this move was banked on by the writers of said posts, if only so I would appear to be tyrannical. Anyone is quite free to post the resignation letters elsewhere with my compliments -- it is only due to their purposefully unsettling nature that they are unwelcome in this place. Interestingly, as a whole, the recently retired Forums Moderators would have been far stricter than I have been -- only suspension? Goodness.

If one does not like that I care for this site and its Members with such ferocity, one is simply and utterly out of luck. I do, after all, always take my sunny smile and my wide-open mind with me wherever I go.

But somehow, I don't think any of you will ever answer my concerns.

I believe I have already replied to some, and below, I reply to more.

As for the technical issues, during my hiatus, some back-doors were created in the site that seem to have messed up some of our coding. As we repair those, other issues may crop up -- only temporary, I assure you. The tech we have now, Manta2g, is quite fluent in php, where the last one was not, and I have faith that she can fix us up.

Manta is currently moving from one house to the next. I understand that she will be making herself available here on the Forums to help people out with the problems they are encountering when she is done. Either way, for public information, I anticipate her being available by the first of November.

If this message pisses you, the adminitration staff, off too, then delete me.

As far as I can see, there is no reason to ban you from the site or the Forums. Voicing your opinion doesn't hurt AdultFanFiction.net; in many cases, it helps. Nor do I see where you may have violated our Terms of Service. As you were -- you're welcome to stay or go as you please.

this place is not about the authors anymore, but the owner's own vanity

As for it being about Authors -- from the bottom of my soul, I would not be here if I didn't agonize over every little person out there. It is quite silly to think that I was not integral in making the site what it is now, what it was two months ago, and what it was two *years* ago, for better or for worse -- it is an ever-changing, generally improving, and very beloved creature.

As for "vanity" -- ridiculous! How good do I look right now?

Take the advice I'm giving myself, everyone, and do your best to choose to be calm and happy. For all of the wonderful things this site stands for, it is a web site. It is no more, although it is certainly no less. I won't let it get hurt, and if it does, I won't let it stay that way for long. Breathe! Enjoy life. Live and let others decide if they want to live, too.

-- Jaxxy

I'm still here, I'm still a mod.

Read Jaxxy's post carefully and draw your own conclusions. I know you well and you know us well. Go ahead and try to accuse me of emotional manipulation via this post. Please.

I don't have to post a long argument defending myself and the rest of the former forum staff. You know how we've operated.

If Jaxxy reads this and chooses to fire me, that's her prerogative. The more I see, the more convinced I am that I need to stay.

And thus begins the end

I feel sad to say goodbye to such a trusted friend

Beware! beware! and begone! begone!

Alas, this night shall know no dawn

And thus begins the end

That's all.

Okay, so it's just some more drama...

That said, I don't care. Whether it was this site or that other one Serenanna mentioned, I don't give a damn about its internal dramu. As long as we have somewhere to post our stories and chat with readers and writers, I'm content. A lot of us here only want to write, post, read, and converse. The site's still running, the forum's still running, so what's the fuss?

I may not frequent the forums that often, but I have to say that, having read about the shenanigans in September and what's going on now, I think this is probably the reason why (well, there were others, but this is probably the main one).

I agree with NinjaGaijin...a whole bunch of drama -which now, as in the past, seems to amount to Jaxxy having to waste time writing explanations over and over again because different people will all ask the same question. Not to mention having to read through the snarky posts left by those who seem to think they're clever with their concise manipulation of words or wave .html files in people's faces like they're evidence from the Watergate scandal. What is this? Grade school? No wonder I never come to the forums.

I'll be damned if I'm going to sit here and try to read between the lines of people's posts to try to figure out what they're "really" saying -I don't have the time for it and, really, I just don't care. I've managed to make more friends just through AFF itself than through the forums -and that, in and of itself, is what makes me stick with this site. If people have left here, oh well. New people will show up, they always do.

This happened in September and, just like then, everyone is acting like the ship's sinking when, in reality, that seems to be the furthest thing from the truth. Even if the site was absolutely perfect, I'm sure someone out there would still see the glass half empty.

I, for one, stand with The Lurker; I'm going to hang around AFF because I've been here for over two years and I still haven't found anywhere else I'd rather be. I happen to like the changes that have occurred on the site in the past month. I'm glad that someone finally got the recommended reading to work again (and, really, it's just not that complicated) -it was a long time, and many promises, coming. And I will continue to post here, read here, and recommend people to this site when they ask where they can find good fanfiction.

And now, I'm going to go write because that's what I do and because I still feel like AFF is still about me, the author.

The forum is pretty dead as of late. All of the people I liked to talk to have left. I just think that's depressing. Oh well...

I have to second that. The forum isn't what it used to be...

WoW and here I thought Pyros was the only fan fic admin who was paranoid and controlling...

JAxxy writing long posts that most of the furom lurkers can not understand or read in hope they will gloss it over and forget what happened is fairly underhanded of yourself, deleting the forums mods letters of resignation and reason for leaving to me is an admission of guilt.

I like Serenanna have deleted my stories from this site and will no longer support it and the ridiculouse behavior I have seen. I do ot think your changes are helping especially when I open a page and see html code mixed in with index pages due to sloppy and crappy work, as well as people posting on forums "OMG Where is my story it gone!" over and over again.

For those of you who would like to see the letters posted by those who did leave I wlll post a link to the saved copy Serenanna made. If any of you have questions or doubts about what is going on and want to see this from the side of the former mods I think it would be a goodread for you.

http://par-avion.org/serenanna/affresignations.html

I'm glad that you guys are going to stick around with the forum.

The site is going to get better, just bare with our two techs at the moment.

From what I hear, they have great plans for the site itself. More improvements to the script and everything else.

We might even get our e-mails unhidden finally. I was very against that move that the previous tech did and she did it without asking her fellow site moderators about it.

Just hang in there, folks, the outlook is looking very sunny to me and hopefully, with you.

Beth

Guest The Lurker

In response to Oishiichan

JAxxy writing long posts that most of the furom lurkers can not understand or read in hope they will gloss it over and forget what happened is fairly underhanded of yourself,

Jaxxy writes these long posts to try to explain in a single post what is going on. They are in "terms" in which we can all understand.

If you just gloss over it and don't read the entire post, then you are missing out on the explination.

She is not underhanded. She does what she thinks is right.

You complain about Jaxxy's long posts, sweetie, I have seen longer.

We are down to two techs. They are working as hard as they can on the site. As for the posts of OMG where is my story... I have something to say about that...

There are 69307 accounts on AFF.

There are 22 archives.

Each of these archives have subcatergories.

Now at any given time there are over fifty people online. They show them logged into each archive of their choice.

Now the server can only handle so many uploads at a time. You try to upload you are placed in order to be updated.

As for the updated stories

IF people would pay attention, it has stated that a story that has been updated WILL NOT move to the top of the page. That is unless it is an older story that is like on page five or something. The one chapter new posts are added first. I know this for a fact..

I updated a story yesterday, added the second chapter and it did not move from it's position on the page. The chapter showed it had updated ( moving from 1 to 2) but the story it's self didn't move.

I can honestly say that perhaps these OMG posts didn't pay attention to the news page. I saw it. A story can only be moved up the list once every 24 hours because people were complaining about adding chapters and editing and the stories moving to the top of the list. Maybe this 24 hour rule is why they don't see their stories moved.

They do move on the profile If I am not mistaken but if our server tried to upload and update all the added chapters at the same time, I know it would crash and crash hard. I have seen it happen on other websites.

New stories are moved up the list first. Updated stories when the site updates at night.

So please before you jump to conclusions think about how hard it must be on the server to try to keep up with the updates of 69307 accounts.

This is an adult site, please act like the adult you are and not get fusterated over it. Think about how you would be handling a site of these great numbers. And our poor two techs are working around the clock.

Please give us some credit. I am sure the site is trying it's hardest to get everything back to the way it was.

Deleting the mod resignations? Such a stupid, boneheaded move. Makes you look tyrannical and paranoid.

I don't use the site for much except archiving fic I've already posted elsewhere, so all I'm interested in is the site running properly, which it had been for a while now. Frankly, the loss of such a large portion of the staff is not encouraging, especially since these are the people largely responsible for saving us from the perpetual downtime.

Jaxxy, you and your "precious spiritual energy" do not inspire much confidence. Stop making excuses and fix the site. Find more techs and mods. Keep them informed so misunderstandings like this don't happen again. Run your staff like a staff instead of some sort of cloak-and-dagger cabal. And for Pete's sake - the site was running fine without you for a long time. If you're so important, put your ego down and get to work.

I'm tired of excuses.

Guest The Lurker

Ravenbell,

Not to start a war here but what part of my post containing WE ONLY HAVE TWO TECHS Did you not understand?

Not every mod, or even techs ( i know one lives in Canada) is online line at the exact same time. They are all scattered all over the US ( lets not forget about the time zones) or even some might be all over the world.

Seeing that ALMOST all the mods are gone. Not only is the forum down to a total of six or seven mods but the site it's self is down mods also.

THE HUGE SITE YOU SEEM TO HAVE ISSUES WITH.

Now for something that EVERYONE needs to be AWARE OF I AM TIRED OF EVERYONE SAYING SUCH GREAT PEOPLE THOSE OTHER FOUR WERE!!!!!!!!!!

No this site did NOT run prefect or even halfway perfect while the other "Staff" had it.

If you were here when the site was first taken over by those four, maybe you would remember the whole,

AFF BEING DOWN FOR THREE MONTHS!

Here's a little surpise for everyone

IT WAS ONE OF THOSE SO CALLED STAFF THAT CRASHED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I know because I was friends with them before I left a year ago due to family sickness and my health.

I got a message from one of them, who had no right to be messing with the site, asking me, someone who had no prior knowledge of databasing, if I knew anything about running a site . When I questioned why.

I was told, I crashed the site, don't tell anyone.

Then this same person blamed the site crashing on someone else who had access to their computer because they were upset that this person was spending so much time online and the sad thing is

THE STAFF THEN BROUGHT IT!!!

Then when one of the techs got it back up and running, THEY were kicked off of AFF and their coding and things were taking credit by those four.

People talk that Jaxxy is giving excuses.. She isn't. Unlike some, she doesn't like arguements. Jaxxy is a sweet person who doesn't deserve this.

When the site was down for those three months, the person in error of crashing this site, didn't get a slap on the wrist or nothing. EVERYONE believed that lie and when I stated what had went on EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM STOPPED TALKING TO ME!

You didn't see what went on behind the scenes with the yahoo groups. Yes, I was a mod before, even before the site crashed those three months. But due to the way they RAN the site, I left.

SO what everyone needs to do is sit back and think about ALL The issues we had when JAXXY was gone. And yes, she was gone when the site CRASHED those three months.

I know for a fact she is working on getting the site back up and going. I know she is searching for mods and techs AND this will be those who know their jobs and KNOW what they are doing.

A site of this size will not run fine. Everyone said that the site ran great till she got it back and then suddenly it ran like crap..

DOES ANYONE STOP TO THINK THAT PERHAPS THE SITE WAS SABOTADGED BEFORE THEY LEFT? Seems funny that the day they left

All the FAQ's on AFF was deleted,

All the Yahoo groups to help the members were deleted.

The site started having issues before Jaxxy even stated that she had taken it back over.

I think everyone needs to look at the bigger picture here. Those "staff" members pulled the wool over everyone's eyes Including my own. NO one and I repeat NO ONE knew those four were taking over. It was never discussed in the mod meetings or on the mod boards. It was set up they would help the site, not take it over.

Some people must think that AFF mods and techs have no real life.

And let me tell you another thing about those "So called fab four"

The mod group was much like this board, supossed to be a friendly enviiorment for the mods. The mods were supossed to be friends.

When I first found out my father was rushed to the hospital and went into cardiac arrest, ( four times mind you) which found out that he had cancer ( he has since passed away doing so last month) I needed friends to talk to.

I posted what was going on and you know what I was told?

TO STOP WHINING BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS ISSUES IN REAL LIFE.

What type of person who is supposed to be a friend says that type of crap to someone? Never once did I mention my real life in there, other than me feeling sick a few times.

SO THERE IS EVERYONE'S PRECIOUS ANGELS! They told someone who stood a chance on loosing a close family member to stop whining.

Oh and they placed who they wanted on head mods. Not those who had earned it but those who they wanted there. They're so called staff was run by one person who had to add her two cents worth to everything that was listed be it a plauge, a troll, or even from scouts.

And one of those four took it upon herself to take over the scouts list when the head mod became sick herself. When the mod passed away, there was no words of kindness from the mod who was supposed to be her friend. There was no words about it and when someone did say something, the post was deleted.

Is that the type of people you wanted running the site?

I don't care if people get pissed I wrote this but I am tired of everyone saying that they were so perfect.

And for the fact they didn't lie. Oh they did....

All they had to do was see who signed in for the site crash. They said, oh we don't know who did it. We never got an explination as to why the site was down for three months.

SO now you have a former mods input who was there for all this crap, maybe now you will think.

As for deleting the mod resignations..

Those should have been sent to Jaxxy or whoever in private, NOT on the forum where everyone could read. That is no one's bisness other than the staff members. That is personal with the reason they are leaving.

I have seen those posts and everyone almost said the same thing.

They all mentioned DA.

No one knew they were leaving and every single one of them left on SUnday, within minutes of each other. The "staffs" leaving was deleted due to the fact of the underminding words that was said about Jaxxy.

All this crap was to start issues with the members of the site and I can honestly say they have done that.

I will post a saying that I live by here

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT OR SHUT THE FUCK UP!!

IF you don't like the way the site is run, leave. There are many more members who are true to AFF. NO one is forcing you to stay here. This is a free site to everyone, and people have the nerve to complain about minor problems and issues.

Those problems and issues, could be advoided if people would just freaking read. And the so called large portion of the staff that left.. They were friend with the FAB FOUR!

SO it was nothing that Jaxxy or no one did to them to make them leave.

The other's got caught and left before the shit hit the fan. That's all it boils down to. They didn't expect Jaxxy to return so soon. .

So put all the so called information together.

It's over, Jaxxy has the site back. It will not be leaving her hold anytime soon. She trusted those four and look how they treated her. She didn't find out that the site was no her's until she called to check on the account status with the server.If people don't like the way it is run, leave. It's a free site where we don't have to pay to post, where the stories aren't moderated to be posted.

So what if there is a few issues, I ain't complaining. Why complain if something is free?

It will take months to get the site back to normal, if you can't wait that long, there is the internet highway, have fun finding a new spot.

Now this has got to be the longest post I ever made. Excuse me for being angry but a person can only take so much before they snap and I have reach that point.

Edited by The Lurker

Guest AzaleaWood

I am fairly new here, so forgive me if I am out of place.

Does Jaxxy's positivity policy apply to members as well as staff? If it does, Lurker, I think you may have just broke that policy. Yelling and screaming and name calling isn't going to change people's minds in your favor.

As for the staff leaving. I know nothing about any of it. I didn't read the letters, and I didn't know them. It does seem, from what I've read here anyway, that they did coordinate. Perhaps they were trying to make a statement... I don't know. But it strikes me that, instead of pointing fingers at people who aren't here to tell their side of things, perhaps it would be a better course of action to simply let it go. If members want to leave, then let them, that's their business. Let it go and get on with your plans. Perhaps by doing that you may prove these former staff members wrong. Who knows.

Ravenbell, the reason why the posts from the resigning forum mods were deleted because they were SPAMMING ALL FORUMS, not just the ones they were moderator to but every single one.

Now do you call that SPAMMING or going overboard with their resignation posts?

What the mod did in question was deleted their spamming resignation posts, that's all. You can find their posts in the forum that you saw them at.

Their spamming posts were deleted accordingly to the rules of the forum, which they knew.

Beth

Some posts on this thread are coming quite out of left field to me.

Goodness gracious guys, calm down, seriously, it's not good for you. Everything *is* going to be okay. I'm working like a dray horse to ensure that it will.

Some of you seem to be patient and taking things in stride, and for that, thanks. I can't wait to impress you all with how nice things'll be, even if it won't show for a couple of months. In that time, I only ask for peace.

Others of you are less patient, and are being quite rude and critical -- this isn't the way to go. Still, I'm even more excited about being able to prove myself to people like you.

Harsh criticizm and name-calling hasn't ever made anyone do better work, everyone knows that. It's always been my experience that those who are needlessly harsh have some other motive than genuinely wanting things to improve.

I'm really glad people are talking, though. That's always better than silence.

Gotta take care of some other stuff now -- see everyone soon.

-- Jaxxy

Guest The Lurker

scratches head

Opps...

Forgot that not everyone sees caps as Capitalized words, they see them as screaming.

I don't scream usually.. I use caps when I need to prove a point. And this is the last time I say something like this

AzaleaWood you don't know me and have no right to immedately assume that I was screaming at someone.

Your right, you are fairly new and if a person don't know me, they would think I was indeed screaming.

Sometimes writing in caps doesn't imedately say that a person is screaming. I am not trying to change anyone's mind and as for caps..

Don't go signaling me out. Had you stuck around long enough you will see that Solaris also used caps for the word SPAMMING! Caps are used to highlight other important words. If I was indeed screaming, the entire post would have been caps. I use mine to make a point. So your saying that she is breaking the rules also?

The first was to point to my exact words in my first post.

The rest was for information. I am assuming that you only scanned over my post. Caps are used in the rest of it to prove points, except for the one part. As for the name calling, I am sure you are speaking about my Fab four comment.

I see it this way, writing those names, would only give them power. And typing out those four names is really a hassle to tell you the truth.

And if there is one thing I hate, it is being singled out.

You said yourself to let go. I would, except for the fact that I am sticking up for a friend. I try not to repeat myself but I know what happened, I use the facts. I have known about this situation since it started, I have read the posts and as you can see, this is only one of the few posts I have placed on the forums.

This post is the first time I ever mentioned what they did on the mod board.

As for your response of me breaking rules.

Instead of calling me out, wouldn't it have been more adult of you to pm Jaxxy or one of the administators, instead of stating what you did.

Oh and FYI

I have already been spoken to about the caps. It has been taken care of. And no, I will not edit the post to suit people. If they are offended, it is them. I will no appologize for speaking freely. That is my right as an American.

And unless someone else openly attacks Jaxxy or the site, I will not speak on this again.

Forgive me Jaxxy for being "Wolfie" I just had enough

and Solaris

Get on messangers already...

Well....

Looks like some drama today.

A few points here then:

I did read the moderator resignation posts and felt that on the whole they were well presented, appropriate and flat out owed to those of us who knew them only through the forum or through AFF fictions.

It would not have been effective or appropriate to leave as they did without offering us an explanation and I am most certainly glad they did. Granted a few were long winded and emotional, but so too, is what I'm seeing posted in their absence.

I have also noted that some of my forum PM's are conveniently unable to get through to some persons but not others and have had to resort to contacting them through other means. As this is the case I will not in the future consider forum "Private Messages" to be private, just as I would not consider emails sent from my work PC to be private. When and whom is no one's business but mine and the recipients, thus the term "private." I am certain there is a log somewhere of my attempts to send these messages if someone believes it to be a technical issue. I do not.

What I remember seeing before the resignation posts were deleted, was that each mod posted his/her resignation on those forums for which they were responsible. An action which I consider responsible and appropriate, if a bit repetitive. Some people only view those threads they subscribe to or have interest in.

An additional thread held the resignation posts as a group. Something I would also consider reasonable and appropriate. It was a group action after all. Doing so through private messages or emails with no public explanation for the mass resignation would have been cowardly and irresponsible in my opinion.

I would personally consider some of what I am seeing on the forum today as flames were they directed at me. I may be relatively new around the AFF forums, but I have checked in and out of AFF for a long time now and have observed enough to form my own opinions. I have moderated my own yahoo group in the past and have participated in other online and face to face communities and seen similar dramas unfold. While the names change, the characters and their lines seem quite familiar.

If we are to subscribe to the "keep the peace" rule here, then it should apply equally to everyone should it not? And while it may be the victor's prerogative to write the history books, it may not necessarily be in "good taste" to do so.

I have very much enjoyed my time on AFF, at least until recently. I have not found a better venue for my work, or a better source of reading material. So I am staying, for now.

I have also noted that some of my forum PM's are conveniently unable to get through to some persons but not others and have had to resort to contacting them through other means. As this is the case I will not in the future consider forum "Private Messages" to be private, just as I would not consider emails sent from my work PC to be private. When and whom is no one's business but mine and the recipients, thus the term "private." I am certain there is a log somewhere of my attempts to send these messages if someone believes it to be a technical issue. I do not.

The PMs are private to the ones who sent and recieve them, no one from the Admins to the moderators can see them. The ones who you sent or tried to send a PM to were in fact suspended, which means all aspects of this board is blocked to them - from logging in to getting PMs for a select time frame of which I am not sure of.

So if you sent me a PM, it would remain private between us. No other moderator or Admin would know what you said to me. But if you tried to PM someone who is suspended, you would not be able to PM them till their suspension is done.

Do you understand the PM function now?

Beth