Click Here!

Donations

misslala

Okay, I know there's been a shift in power recently and all that, but now that all of the forum mods have resigned I'm just a little pissed off that I've donated money to this site to keep it running and now it's in bloody shambles!

The main page is fucked, stories are getting jostled all over the place... and now the forums are practically unmoderated. I don't know what's going on, but this pisses me off just a little. If you need help, ask for it, something, but don't leave us hanging in the balance with technical issues and the sort because of some ego problem.

Dark Avenger and the others were always courteous and very reponsive to the needs to the users on the site. A little help here?

I'm sorry if your concerns haven't been duly addressed. By the same token, I'm glad our Moderators have treated you well in the past, even if myself I was tied up. Things won't always be this disorganized, of course -- any present mayhem is due to temporary, if disruptive, growing pains.

I've looked around the main site too, and on my end, I see nothing amiss; like Snowfall said, could you please link us to the problem areas?

And thank you for your donations! It's always great to see people who understand that we all gotta do our part around here.

-- Jaxxy

In essence, this new method of posting isn't working, in my humble opinion. I beleive that all authors should equally have their stories at the top of the latest page, not based around the time they post. There is no perfect way to handle this, I understand.

The ratings for the stories aren't showing up in the main page, the font is hard to read, and people adding ten damn warning codes stretches the screen. Now, that is because they are daft, I'd assume and no fault of the administrators.

Have you ever considered using the efiction platform to prevent having to police all posts based on the time they were submitted to the server, etc?

Efiction is free. I would almost deal with idiots bumping their stories than see a new chapter for a story on the 4th and 5th main pages. If you read often, that's how people look for updates.

I am upset that the groups are gone and that everyone seems content with the issues. I'm angry because I pay this site to run and I feel shat on by the admins. I don't mean to be rude about this, but the issues are ongoing and I'm tired of seeing it. I've been around this site for years and frankly there are many more well maintained ones that put AFF to shame.

The growing number of posters with abhorrent spelling/grammar issues is spreading and it's getting old.

I'm angry because if I pay for something and it doesn't work, I want results. I'm sure as consumers, you understand.

Thank you for listening.

I can point out a few things right now, like new posts not making the front page, or having any semblance of order when people post up, meaning readers have to go through 4 to 6 pages everytime they want to check and see if one of the stories they read has been updated. There's a huge formatting error with the warnings that has never been fixed and makes the page stretch out ridiculously. And the ratings do not show up there either. A post asking for requests to new catagories was made by a nod, and it's been ignored... I have pointed these things out before, like maybe a month ago.

Honestly, I used to read stories here everyday, and I also donate, but wading through the miriad of fic searches and other ridiculous postings by people (authors posting up little snips to announce their fics have been updated, thus pushing stories back even further) is really getting on my nerves. There's no email function to alert people, and most of the time their email adresses don't show up anyway when they review (says address hidden). I only use the Harry Potter section, so I don't about the other catagories, but these are all issues that weren't a problem when stories came up in order. I believe the only issue serious enough to consider was the fact that some people edited too much to bump their fics on top. I thought the TOS warning for that fixed it all.

And it worries me that everyone quit at the same time also. Now I wonder if when or if anything will be fixed or really looked at, because I was lied to before about that, and I want to know if something is going to really be done, or more words... I love this site, and I might sound slighty upset, but I'd like a real answer and see some of these issues fixed.

Thanks, Joy

Guest snowfall

It is very late here and I do believe that the owner has already retired for the night.

Your donations are greatly appreciated and I can understand and appreciate your frustration. However, with a change in admin always come a few rough spots. The mods announcement that they would be walking out together was made public some time ago. Fortunately, they gave the owner some time to find replacements and those are taking their positions. Questions by members that were left unanswered by the previous mods have been and are being answered by the owner.

Though eFiction is free, it does not meet the requirements necessary for the site. The site script is now being updated to current php and is more robust than eFiciton software. The upgrades will bring new and exciting capabilities and features to the site and forums. One of the technicians has specialized in forum software for nine years.

Many things that were requested in the past will be made available. It will simply take time.

As time permits, issues of a technical nature can be addressed. The owner, techs and new mods agree with you that there needs to be a new and better color scheme. As of now, basic rebuilding of the material that was deleted prior to the retirement of the four head mods, has been one of the more immediate focal points.

I will give a nudge on the color though and see if I can't get it to happen quicker. Through suggestions and experimentation it will improve, although some oddities may crop up during the process. Believe me, I've gone through the process before.

(psst, one of the techs came online and we're going to play then show jaxxy the different variations that we come up with. Maybe we'll actually have something for you this week! We can hope! smile.gif )

As of now, the new mods are being directed, the archives, forums, and db scripts are being repaired, upgraded and prepared for better, more, and new options for members. Outstanding questions left by members and ignored by previous mods are being answered. Much is being done.

Hold on tight. You'll like the upgrades. The new staffing will be through the transitional period within the week.

bounce.gif

Thanks for expressing your concerns and giving us the opportunity to address them.

Snow

Guest snowfall
It shock to find all gone when come today! no.gif

Where this happen at? I no see or it not have been shock.

If it expected though, then reason why not new mods in place?

Sorry for English, Japanese first language...

Hi Painful Retribution! Good to see you around. Hope you didn't forget that I helped you form that profile name. You wouldn't forget me would you? hug.gif

Your grasp of English grammar errors when poorly translated from the Japanese native tongue is appalling! Come on! You can do better than that. I had a little Japanese girl directing a fic that I wrote for her.

IM me. Haven't seen you in a while. thumbsup.gif

Snow

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.