Click Here!

Cannot log in

Guest LalendaFenvarrow

Guest LalendaFenvarrow

Hi I'm having trouble logging in. I want to update my stories but every time I try to log in it never does. I tried resetting the password in case I was typing in the wrong one but I never got a confirmation after typing in my new password that it had changed it. I could always log in until all the new changes were made to the site's main page.

I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong because it never says "wrong password" or "wrong email" its like each time i press enter or log in it's just refreshing the page..

What's going on?

Hi, and sorry to hear you're having issues. What you need to do is look for an email containing a validation link. It may have been sent to your Spam or Junk folder, so please check there. You need to click on that link and follow the instructions from there.

If you've already done that, are you using the log-in in the upper right corner of the screen, or the log-in in the middle of the screen? The correct place to log in is at the upper right corner of the screen. Enter your email and password in the fields there and see if you can access your account.

Edited by BronxWench

If this user has not yet activated, which is what it sounds like, directions are here. Be sure to clear cache and cookies first though.

As you've done a partial password reset, you'll have to do it again. When you select the option to reset the password, in order to finish doing that, you must click the link contained in the email.

Guest LalendaFenvarrow

Thanks guys!

I figured it out (somehow). I tried one of my other passwords and it asked for my first and last name, plus DOB and had my pen name correct so I figured I had done something right. Apparently the password reset didn't work because it wasn't the password I reset to. I had clicked the link to resend my activation link but the link it had sent didn't work, saying that my account was already validated.

No idea what was going on but it works now :) yay

Guest Lisa

Ok, so I thought I was already activated back in March.

I was having problems logging in. When I went into the log in option under members, the email and password screen didn't even pop up. So I cleaned my cookies and whatever and restarted the computer and then I was ok.

This morning the same thing happened. Why can't I log in? Can someone just send me a new validation link and I can do it again?

Thanks.

LisaT25@msn.com

Once you're logged in, unless you log out, you STAY logged in for a couple of weeks. If you're not seeing an option to login, it's because you likely already are. Look in the upper right corner, you'll see "Welcome Back (what your pen name is)" as well as options for your control panel and profile.

Guest Lisa

Hey Demon,

Yes, I know. There was a point recently where I was always logged in. And I know once you're logged in, the option to log in is not there under Members. But it was there yesterday and today and when I clicked log in the screen that came up wasn't the log in screen, NOR did it have Welcome back Lisa, which it usually does. So I'm stuck. Do I have to delete the cookies, etc. and restart the computer again? Or can you send me another link to reactivate my account?

Thanks.

Lisa

Hey Lisa,

I show your last active login as 5/2 at 11 pm or so. What browser are you using? Each browser has different ways you have to clear stored data from it. So, if it's anything but Internet Explorer, and you clear cache and cookies, close the browser and restart the browser, a computer restart is not necessary. It's only IE that makes you do that.

Guest Guest

Hey Demon,

I use MSN, which I think is part of Internet Explorer. Ok, I just deleted my cookies again and closed the AFF browser, but when I clicked back on AFF and went into members, and clicked on log in, the same screen comes up. There is no option to log in, NOR is my "Welcome Lisa" announcement there.

I went into a story just to see what would happen if I tried to r&r it, and my name and email is blank. So how do I fix this?

Assuming you use MSN's browser (which, yes, is a variant of IE), then you do need to restart the machine. If you did not CLOSE the browser completely, meaning any and all open tabs you have, it won't see it as your having terminated the program, as it's still running. For the changes to take effect, the program HAS to know that you terminated it and are restarting it.

Guest Lisa

Ok, I'm gonna try it now since I'm shutting down the computer.

Hopefully it'll work tomorrow.

Thanks for your help Demon! Have a great night! Well, what's left of it. lol :)

Guest Lisa

Well it didn't work and not only that I tried to review a story to see if the name and email boxes would be blank, and I couldn't even review. At the end of the chapter it said you must be logged in to review this story and when I clicked on it, it brought me right back to the log in page, without the option to log in.

So I'm stumped. I don't know why I'm having this problem all of a sudden, and I don't know how to fix it.

Would you be able to check it out? I'm pretty sure my user name is LisaT2525.

Thank you.

Lisa

Guest Lisa

Well, I have no idea if I have Java script or not. But if I wasn't having these log in problems two days ago, why am I suddenly having them now?

And can I download Java; will that work? And is it Java or Javascript?

Ok, I am so frustrated and confused. I figured out how to enable Java and any scripts on MSN and they were already enabled. I restarted the computer, went back into AFF and clicked on a story to see if my name and email were listed when I reviewed, and it said I must be logged in to review the story. So of course I clicked on that, and it brought me back to that screen where THERE IS NO OPTION TO LOG IN. And of course I'm logged in to the forum screen, so what's going on? This has been happened for too many days now. I can only log on in Internet Explorer, not MSN. Why?

The only other thing I can think of is that you may need to enable 3rd party cookies as well. Then, clear cache and cookies for the MSN browser and restart the machine. Other than that, I really couldn't say, as I've not messed with that browser for a number of years.

I'm having the same problem! I can search for myself and it says I'm logged in, but when I go to review a story that says you must be logged in to review, diddly squat happens! It's so frustrating! I use firefox and I don't remember ever having this problem!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.